News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Could UFP successed done better reble did againsit the first death star

Let put the UFP base has same amount resource that the Rebel had during battle Yavan 4. The Federation same amount intellectual that the rebel when came death star as will.

I put bet UFP plain and simple build few Delta flyer. Death star tie fighters shot all day they hardly dent it. mirco photon torpedoes shot right into the hole.

Have we ever seen micro-torpedoes pull a turn sharp enough to get into the exhaust port? Do we even know if a micro-torpedo will fit?

Have we ever seen micro-torpedoes pull a turn sharp enough to get into the exhaust port? Do we even know if a micro-torpedo will fit?

Theoretically it could. A regular PT is small enough to roughly fit in the exhaust port so it would make sense that the mPT would be smaller and therefore *COULD* easily fit.

*BUT* at no time have we ever seen any PT or mPT move the way that Proton torpedoes did.

We've already did this topic already and Jason still doesn't concede. First Luke made the shot with the Force. Could he have done it with just the targetting computer? Maybe, but then again maybe not. The DS could (or most likely)have been jamming the Rebels and therefore degrading their sensors and targetting computers, reducing their effectiveness. Could the Delta Flyer punch through the jamming? I really really really doubt it.

Plus since the PTs and mPTs are never shown to make such quick turns, The Delta Flyer doing a trench run is like fucking a beached whale. You are accomplishing nothing except to embarrass yourself.

Sure the DF *COULD* head for the exhaust port directly thus avoiding the trench but there's a reason why the Rebels did the trench run. Less suicidal and most of the turbolasers cannot hit you. Heading straight for the exhaust port would expose you to all the turbolasers that the DS could aim at you with. The trench had only a few in comparison.

Give it up Jason.

If I may resort to the EU, descriptions of the Battle of Yavin say that Imperial ECM around the Death Star was so intense, it was affecting fighter performance. The long trench run was to get them out of turbolaser fire while they flew straight-and-level long enough to get a targeting lock.

I will also repeat that 30 one-man fighters taking out a moon-sized battlestation was a fluke of unbelievable proportions, and should never, ever, EVER, be considered the routine course of events. If Grand Moff Tarkin had had half a brain, then the Rebel attack force would have been slaughtered by massive waves of TIE fighters.

While I do beliece that the DF would not have been bothered toomuch by the Turbolasers firing at it (it can take multiple hits from ST capital-ship weapons before losing shields), I doubt, with the jamming present, and the difficulty of the task, that the targetting computer could do it...

Bottom line, it doesn't succeed... Unless Luke is piloting... tongue.gif

While I do beliece that the DF would not have been bothered toomuch by the Turbolasers firing at it (it can take multiple hits from ST capital-ship weapons before losing shields), I doubt, with the jamming present, and the difficulty of the task, that the targetting computer could do it...

I think the DF would be bothered by the surface turbolasers, largely due to the sheer number of weapons emplacements on the Death Star.

And Luke is a walking, flying, Dues Ex Machina. He is the physical incarnation of Powers as the Plot Demands

According to star wars complete cross sections for spacecrafts and vehicles of the entire star wars saga the Y wing slightly better targeting precision than the X-wing. As long no higher cannon over rule this then is Y-wing pilot might have will able hit target destroy Death star. Delta flyer hit target much better either the X wing or Y wing. Also stop Delta flyer form fire it phaser to find place of ray shield hole. Delta flyer fire photon torpedoes right were it is ray shield.

According to star wars complete cross sections for spacecrafts and vehicles of the entire star wars saga the Y wing slightly better targeting precision than the X-wing. As long no higher cannon over rule this then is Y-wing pilot might have will able hit target destroy Death star. Delta flyer hit target much better either the X wing or Y wing. Also stop Delta flyer form fire it phaser to find place of ray shield hole. Delta flyer fire photon torpedoes right were it is ray shield.

Sorry, but there is a canon conflict. The Y-wings went in first, and all but one either missed the target or got blown up. I repeat my half a brain assertion from above. I also say that one Delta Flyer would receive the entire attention of the defending forces, it's fucked.

*takes quick look at newest argument*

*shoots self in brain*

Sorry, but there is a canon conflict. The Y-wings went in first, and all but one either missed the target or got blown up. I repeat my half a brain assertion from above. I also say that one Delta Flyer would receive the entire attention of the defending forces, it's fucked.

None of the Y wing close enough to fire proton torpedo into hole try to hit before Vader get them.

As for Death star defense they useless against 20 Delta flyers.If wish see Vader shot all three Y wing before range take shot that hole watch vidoe form 4 minute and 41 seconds 5 minute and 47 secounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiS-3-nDTSs

Phasers =! Turbolasers?

Delta flyer phaser might able blast right though ray shield protect that hole that think about it.

Well, of course, if there's just one DF, then it doesn't even have the time to get to the Trench, since all TLs will be concentrating on it.

I thought it was one DF with a supporting fleet, just like the original DS run...

Well, of course, if there's just one DF, then it doesn't even have the time to get to the Trench, since all TLs will be concentrating on it.

I thought it was one DF with a supporting fleet, just like the original DS run...

It is supposed to be few Squadron Delta flyers not just one. How single Delta fly get close enough hole could maybe phaser destroy ray shield and it main reactor.

How second thing I think UFP done Rebel not do get evacuation all people bases. They not risking all these people setting down keep track battle on planet surface. They might keep few people planet surface had to aid battle if make different being planet surface or not. Not must military staff down their.

It is supposed to be few Squadron Delta flyers not just one. How single Delta fly get close enough hole could maybe phaser destroy ray shield and it main reactor.

How second thing I think UFP done Rebel not do get evacuation all people bases. They not risking all these people setting down keep track battle on planet surface. They might keep few people planet surface had to aid battle if make different being planet surface or not. Not must military staff down their.

They still lose. Do you not know the purpose of the trench run? I've already told you and I'm not going to repeat it.

They still lose. Do you not know the purpose of the trench run? I've already told you and I'm not going to repeat it.

Accord to you it was because all turbolasers was reason rebel did trench run. However Delta fly not same issues they could take three four hits before being destroyed possible more. Accord Type G cannon the had about 20 turbolasers to protect Trench. If wish see evidence watch this video form 7 minute and 12 seconds to about 7 minute 33 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvc70ptopqw

Rebel lost about ten fighter before get near the Trench guessing must them came Tie fighters. Goes Outpost send about 20 Delta flyer like rebel did star figthers. They most likely lose two of them at must. Since the tie fighter light better target practice anyway. They little problem clear out all turbolaser protect the trench since need destroy 20 then. Shot min photon torpedoes down thermal exhaust port.

Complete retardation removed.

You are an asshat. Photon torpedoes have never been shown to move like Proton Torpedoes. Trench run is useless for the DFs. Get it through your neutronium skull.

I think found way Delta flyer use beam full size photon torpedo into the thermal exhaust port with help micro probe.

My link

I think found way Delta flyer use beam full size photon torpedo into the thermal exhaust port with help micro probe.

My link

Hey shitlick, how's that going to make a photon torpedo more agile? It doesn't.

Hey shitlick, how's that going to make a photon torpedo more agile?

The photon torpedo not need be more angle nor EW have any effect tranpotor or rayshield that mattar. With microprobe being right rayshield is make smell hole . Delta flyer only need transport the photon torpodoe with help transporters and the micro probe. They did once on Voyager when handle a Mirco wornhole.My link

Torpodoe? That's new. I'm used to torpedoes and toropodes. tongue.gif

I'm bad, I know. smile.gif

If Jason cannot debate honestly, then I'm going to insult him.