News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Domimon vrs Star War Empire

And finally there's no direct evidence supporting a jem hadar battleship/battlecruiser being more powerful than a ISD

And there's no direct evidence to support the opposite either... wink.gif

My point still stands. Just because you can knock holes in a one inch thick wooden wall with a hammer does not mean you can do the same with a one inch thick steel wall. More to the point even if it could penetrate the shields, what makes you think that the weapon is strong enough to completely dampen the ISDs energy output? Just because it could take out small to medium sized ships with power outputs much smaller than an ISD, it doesn't mean it'll work the same way with a huge warship like the ISD.

Ion cannons do work in the same PRINCIPLE as the Breen weapon but that does not mean it'll affect the shields the same way. A hammer and a sledghammer both do the same job yet it doesn't mean that the hammer can be as effective as a sledgehammer.

You still failed.

We had that discussion a while back, and the final concensus was that it probably couldn't work because it affected ST type power generation, so SW may be completely unaffected...

Meh jemmie bugs can't even vaporize large chunks of ice.

Neither can Venators... smile.gif

We had that discussion a while back, and the final concensus was that it probably couldn't work because it affected ST type power generation, so SW may be completely unaffected...

Try telling Jason that. smile.gif

Try telling Jason that. smile.gif

No thanks, I'd rather staple my nuts to a chair... tongue.gif

In Star Terk two main kind generations make warp drive work. Artificial quantum singularity and matter-ant-matter reaction

Romulan run Artificial quantum singularity instead matter-antimatter reaction as there way generation power. My link

While Klingon and UFP both used matter-antimatter reaction something different power system that allow smell chance Klingon warships to aviod losing power while not the UFP when came Breen energy damping weapon.

I think star war generations are more smiler to UFP and Klingon Empire. Then UFP and Klingon Empire generations are to Romulan star Empire generations.

Domimon - Gotta kill'em all!

EDIT: How the hell did I manage to posrep Jason?

Hold on, I'll write the theme song...

Aaaaaand, got it!

We know we are the very best

better than any Solid that ever was

To conquer them is our real quest

To enslave them is our cause

We'll travel across the stars

Searching far and wide

With the Jem'Hadar under our command

No one can halt our stride

Domimon! Gotta kill 'em all!

It's you and me...

I know it's our galaxy!

Domimon! Oh, your life will end!

And our realm we must defend!

Domimon!Gotta kill 'em all!

A cause so true!

Our deceit will pull us through!

You bug me, and I'll kill you!

Do-Mi-Mon!!!

Gotta kill 'em all! Gotta kill 'em all!

Domimon!

We can't say how good the cloning tech used on Jem'Hadar is; we only see it used on Jem'Hadar. It is certainly possible that the Jem'Hadar were engineered to mature at a naturally quick rate, even without the acceleration of the cloning process. Also, the Spaarti cloning cylinders used by Grand Admiral Thrawn needed ysalamiri to keep clones from going insane if they were grown in less than 90 days.

In Star Terk two main kind generations make warp drive work. Artificial quantum singularity and matter-ant-matter reaction

Romulan run Artificial quantum singularity instead matter-antimatter reaction as there way generation power. My link

While Klingon and UFP both used matter-antimatter reaction something different power system that allow smell chance Klingon warships to aviod losing power while not the UFP when came Breen energy damping weapon.

I think star war generations are more smiler to UFP and Klingon Empire. Then UFP and Klingon Empire generations are to Romulan star Empire generations.

Star Wars uses fusion.

http://picard578.hostoi.com/startrek-vs-starwars/star_wars/space/power_production/power.html

As well as hypermatter for the Death Stars. It doesn't use it for ISDs, because, as was shown in the Death Star novel, a scaled-down hypermatter reactor caused an ISD to blow up.

As well as hypermatter for the Death Stars. It doesn't use it for ISDs, because, as was shown in the Death Star novel, a scaled-down hypermatter reactor caused an ISD to blow up.

Solar Ionization Reactor for the ISDs

Sounds like fusion but they don't flat out say it.

But it pretty much implies it:

Often described as a "miniature sun",

Will sun is in practice massive fusion generation. I-a2b solar ionization reactor would in practice also be fusion base system some type.

All we know about Star Wars reactors is that the use "fusion", which only means that the fuel fuses to create an energetic reaction. "nuclear" is a word that is conspicuously absent.

All we know about Star Wars reactors is that the use "fusion", which only means that the fuel fuses to create an energetic reaction. "nuclear" is a word that is conspicuously absent.

The word that star destroyer us main reactor creation miniature star inside it. All star run nuclear power in could sun.

If there's fusion, it's gotta be nuclear, since the act of fusion fuses two nuclei together...

And since they don't destroy themselves with it, it's gotta be controlled...

What we don't know though, is what do they use for the fusion?

Are they using Hypermetter?

Does it create more power than standard fusion?

If there's fusion, it's gotta be nuclear, since the act of fusion fuses two nuclei together...

It would almost certainly have to. quotes from the fluff say that an ISD jumping to hyperspace consumes more power than some entire civilizations. this sounds like exaggeration, but still.

They use the term miniature star suggestion Hydrogen fusion. Since that kind fusion happen star .

Ionization reactors

Here it says that ionization reactors like the one I linked earlier is some sort of fancy form of getting solar energy.

It would almost certainly have to. quotes from the fluff say that an ISD jumping to hyperspace consumes more power than some entire civilizations. this sounds like exaggeration, but still.

Clearly an exaggeration. And actually, if a person is arguing on behalf of Wars, it's better for their side that it is. These type of figures for power consumption are proving what is becoming ever more apparent; Namely, the Wars universe sucks donkey balls at engineering and miniaturization isn't in their vocabulary.

I hear quotes bandied around about ISDs consuming the output of small stars, etc. as if it's supposed to be impressive. I laugh my ass off. It would be as if someone was describing their civilization's central computer center. They say it covers 18 city blocks, is 4 stories high, consumes more power than a medium sized city and requires tens of thousands of people to run it. Sounds staggering.... until you find out that it's using vacuum tubes and punch cards. Then you find out that the the processing power is equivalent to a computer core that can fit in about 1500 square feet using such "exotic" materials such as microchips, transistors, fiber optics and solid state storage.

In the Death Star novel, wasn't an ISD vaporized because they tried putting a hypermatter reactor on it?