News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Star Wars Empire vs. Species 8472

Star Wars Empire deside to invade Fluidic space Species 8472. I put bet Species 8472 if for no other reason they seem have able to destory planets easily unlike the Empire need build a death star to do it.

For once, I can't argue with Jason.

Jason, why the fuck does the empire care about fluidic space?

That's one part of the whole species 8472 thing I never got. They aren't a threat to the borg, and the borg aren't a threat to them, Why did they end up in conflict.

We're about as likely to end up invading a species that lives in the high pressure areas of gas giants.

Jason, why the fuck does the empire care about fluidic space?

That's one part of the whole species 8472 thing I never got. They aren't a threat to the borg, and the borg aren't a threat to them, Why did they end up in conflict.

We're about as likely to end up invading a species that lives in the high pressure areas of gas giants.

Doesn't matter does it?

The borg wanted to expand into other realms which is why they stumbled into fluidic space. Once in, the undine (species 8472) said oh fuck no you didn't and went on a warpath to murder them all.

Maybe the empire decides to expand into other realms, and went in =p

Maybe the Star Wars Empire want able build boi warships to replace death star with SPiece 8472 with techology they fleet worth of death stars in no time.

Doesn't matter does it?

Yes, it does.

The borg wanted to expand into other realms which is why they stumbled into fluidic space. Once in, the undine (species 8472) said oh fuck no you didn't and went on a warpath to murder them all.

What is the rational?

Maybe the empire decides to expand into other realms, and went in =p

Why, given the abundance of materials in any galaxy, would the empire even need to consider expanding into the federation?

This is the whole problem with these invasion scenarios. They never can produce a real goal for the invader. People don't go to war because they feel like it. There is always a reason.

Yes, it does.

What is the rational?

Why, given the abundance of materials in any galaxy, would the empire even need to consider expanding into the federation?

This is the whole problem with these invasion scenarios. They never can produce a real goal for the invader. People don't go to war because they feel like it. There is always a reason.

Okay the borg invaded Fluidic space for the purpose I labeled - they wanted to expand into other galaxies. The empire would do it for the same reason.

The empire went to war because they felt like it, the borg goes to war because they feel like it your logic is massively flawed good sir.

Okay the borg invaded Fluidic space for the purpose I labeled - they wanted to expand into other galaxies. The empire would do it for the same reason.

The empire went to war because they felt like it, the borg goes to war because they feel like it your logic is massively flawed good sir.

My logic is flawed?

is this a joke?

My logic is flawed?

is this a joke?

indeed. The borg invaded and conquered for no reason but to "add to their perfection" and bring the rest of the galaxy into order, not due to resources.

The empire is about expanding and controlling everything. Thus they would even invade another galaxy to do so. No where does it say resources.

indeed. The borg invaded and conquered for no reason but to "add to their perfection" and bring the rest of the galaxy into order, not due to resources.

The empire is about expanding and controlling everything. Thus they would even invade another galaxy to do so. No where does it say resources.

Yet they didnt go invade the Yuuzahn Vong's galaxy or go invade the Chiss or Ssi-ruuk in their own galaxy

In the EU the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic fought the Yuuzhan Vong. A Bio-wank race much like Species 8472. In fact, they were stronger and deadlier. The only reason that they had an advantage in the SW galaxy was because of the fractured powers in it. If the YV had invaded during the GE era they'd have a very tough time since they'd encounter a (more or less) unified galaxy, even more so with the Alliance probably siding with the Empire in defeating the YV.

Same with Species 8472. If they encounter the GE they'll face a very tough foe. I'm not saying that the GE wouldn't suffer losses but they'll prevail against Species 8472.

Maybe the Star Wars Empire want able build boi warships to replace death star with SPiece 8472 with techology they fleet worth of death stars in no time.

Durr You are fucking retarded. Yuuzhan Vong? Remember? They built grow worldships, dovin basals and so forth. Drop a large dovin basal onto a planet and they'll draw it's moon onto the planet.

Even with all that they were defeated by a biotech power...... oh wait they weren't. They were defeated by an alliance of the New Republic, the Imperial Remnant and other powers. They countered YV's tech and beat them. If they wanted to, the new Alliance could have used the living planet Zonama Sekot to destroy the YV. According to Wookieepedia, the planet itself had Force capabilities.

The Empire does not need silly bio tech to defeat the Species 8472.

That's what space zombies do.

The EU disagrees with you. There were several places the empire decided not to expand as it would be too much trouble.

What can the Empire get from fluidic space (where they'd probably have to modify ships) that they couldn't get from a - relatively - unexploited galaxy?

The Milky Way would take decades - or more likely centuries - to integrate into the Empire. Why would you open a second front that is even more complicated? It just doesn't make sense.

Same with Species 8472. If they encounter the GE they'll face a very tough foe. I'm not saying that the GE wouldn't suffer losses but they'll prevail against Species 8472.

Uh, funny how you forgot that only Borg nanoprobes work against Species 8472. And considering that the Empire doesn't have those, good luck supporting that theory. rolleyes.gif

Uh, funny how you forgot that only Borg nanoprobes work against Species 8472. And considering that the Empire doesn't have those, good luck supporting that theory. rolleyes.gif

Ahh geez. They only have one weakness. You win. rolleyes.gif

Ya know more and more i'm realizing why i hate Star Wars debates -

THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ANYTHING ANYONE EVER WRITES IS CANON CRAP IS FUCKING ANNOYING

THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ANYTHING ANYONE EVER WRITES IS CANON CRAP IS FUCKING ANNOYING

I know. Especially when Lucas said that the books are in a PARALELL UNIVERSE. The only things that are canon for Star Wars are the movies, the TCW cartoon, The Force Unleashed, and their adaptations.

I would just like the bigwigs on both sides to hire brainiacs to sit down and crunch numbers and then have them published for their respective sides. This will help solve the calcs issue once and for all unless of course the inevitable detractors will come out and contest it because that means their side is inferior blah blah blah wise (notice I am not saying which side nor am I making any intentions which.), but then those people would be retards.

Second, both franchises will receive ass loads of cash because myriads of Warsies and Trekkies will by the respective books and most likely even buy the books of the other side to compare.

Lucas Licensing will receive $$$$$$$$ and so would Paramount.

I know. Especially when Lucas said that the books are in a PARALELL UNIVERSE. The only things that are canon for Star Wars are the movies, the TCW cartoon, The Force Unleashed, and their adaptations.

Incorrect. By your logic it is just the movies themselves since they are rated at G(as in George Lucas) Canon. TCW would be set in a parallel universe. Everything that is tied directly to him is G canon. BUT read from this wiki article where the reason he considers it a parallel universe is because he cannot keep up with the EU. But that does not mean that because GL thinks it is a parallel universe means that we should disregard it. GL himself has used some of the EU info for the movies like Coruscant, Aayla Secura, Anakin's scar and so forth. This help cement the legitimacy (despite some stupidity) of the EU. EU is not THE canon but it is the next step down.

In other words, GL entrusts Lucas Licensing to maintain and expand the EU while he concentrates on his own work. He does not disregard the EU.

Incorrect. By your logic it is just the movies themselves since they are rated at G(as in George Lucas) Canon. TCW would be set in a parallel universe. Everything that is tied directly to him is G canon. BUT read from this wiki article where the reason he considers it a parallel universe is because he cannot keep up with the EU. But that does not mean that because GL thinks it is a parallel universe means that we should disregard it. GL himself has used some of the EU info for the movies like Coruscant, Aayla Secura, Anakin's scar and so forth. This help cement the legitimacy (despite some stupidity) of the EU. EU is not THE canon but it is the next step down.

In other words, GL entrusts Lucas Licensing to maintain and expand the EU while he concentrates on his own work. He does not disregard the EU.

Well, TCW are created by Lucas, and he has direct influence on them, as much as TESB and RotJ, so they would be G-Canon as well... smile.gif

Not according to the guy (Chee) who maintains the Holocron. TCW is T-canon.

GL is also the producer for the Force Unleashed game yet it is not G-canon.