News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Problems NDF thoery

First we see people wear armor before. NDF thoey a phaser should usless againist anyone wearing siver armor or tin for that matter. As will as silicon is lighter elemement then either siver or tin. We also see them vapier pot made tin.http://www.webelements.com/

Phasers have trouble with dense materials not soft materials. Like how they cannot affect neutronium?

Could I get a translation here? *Send Jason to a room... a room with a MOOSE!!!!*

He thinks that phasers do not use NDF instead of DET. He thinks that if phasers work on the principle of NDF that they should not work on weak materials like silver and tin. But the dumbass has it ass backwards. The denser the material the less effective the phaser.

An atom having more electrons doesn't necessarily mean that the materials made up of that metal is denser.

You think that silver and gold are stronger than titanium? Which hammer do you want to use? Gold hammer? Silver hammer? Or one made of titanium?

(I hope I am getting this right since it has been years since my last science class. lol smile.gif )

Also diamonds are made of carbon and has less electrons than silicon. Does that make diamonds weaker than silicon?

EDIT: It depends how the atoms are arranged that creates a denser or weaker material.

I think iron is harder one on one then silicon.

DUMB ASS! GIVE IT UP.

AND DIAMONDS THAT IS MADE UP OF PURE CARBON HAS LESS ELECTRONS THAN SILICON BUT IS DENSER THAN SILICON AND IRON.

I'd love to have you compressed into a diamond. I want the process done as you still breathe.

.. even while drunk i'm not touching this debate.

Phasers have trouble with dense materials not soft materials. Like how they cannot affect neutronium?

Not many things can affect Neutronium though...

Not many things can affect Neutronium though...

I know but trying to prove a point to Dipshit McGee.

I know but trying to prove a point to Dipshit McGee.

I admire your courage and naivete... laugh.gif

Neutronium is not diamond it science fiction material we do not what atoms it is made off. It could made some other atom we have never heard for all we known. If you wish see evidence Watch vidoe form 9 minute and 20 on the dote see pot vaperizes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYxDcu2RDg&NR=1

Of course neutronium isn't diamond! Diamond is a form of carbon, while neutronium is made of pure neutrons!

Geez, if we were all Animaniacs characters, you would be Beanie the Brain-Dead Bison.

Did he just say we don't know what neutronium is?

Fuck, even though I acknowledge that the neutronium we see in both universes does not behave correctly, I know what it is.

Jesus fucking christ. This is one of the places SW is worse, as even ST people don't throw neutronium around very often.

The problem with the NDF theory is that dipshit doesnt understand it

Perhaps not but considering the variety of effects and abilities we have seen from phasers a NDF and DET effect may just be 2 options they have depending on how you set them.

Perhaps not but considering the variety of effects and abilities we have seen from phasers a NDF and DET effect may just be 2 options they have depending on how you set them.
Only at the most minimum level

Hi Kor, this is a heavily physics based argument, so if you don't want to go there, don't start it. Math will be introduced at certain levels.

The simplest reason for assuming NDF is the UNIVERSAL lack of recoil on phasers. They introduce kinetic energy on one end without having any kind of recoil. in a DET environment (assuming effects not anywhere near what are observed are not being included) there must be an "equal and opposite reaction" involved.

Which is exactly why I feel the SuperLaser isn't a pure DET weapon. No recoil. Period. It appears to behave more like a phaser than a TL.

Which is exactly why I feel the SuperLaser isn't a pure DET weapon. No recoil. Period. It appears to behave more like a phaser than a TL.

Why? While I admit it doesn't exactly behave like a turbolaser, it doesn't behave like a phaser either.

Lack of recoil is not provable in a universe where reaction (or reactionless) drives have the kind of power we see. And all of those funny little effects that allow increased DET to happen without KET most certainly DO come into play with ship-to-ship or ship-to-shore engagements.

Without that little piece of evidence, NDF violates parsimony rather severely. ESPECIALLY since it requires us to invent strange and new processes that generate neutrinos at rates that are significantly higher - by orders of magnitude - than anything we've yet observed in nature.

EDIT: And the hyperspace theory REALLY violates parsimony. We can explain it with the rules we already know, why should we add processes we don't understand?

Also, to anyone who thinks that hyperspace entry doesn't require massive amounts of energy, I'd point out parsimony again. If it didn't take ridiculous amounts of energy, we'd have probes on Alpha Centauri already.

EDIT: And the hyperspace theory REALLY violates parsimony. We can explain it with the rules we already know, why should we add processes we don't understand?

Also, to anyone who thinks that hyperspace entry doesn't require massive amounts of energy, I'd point out parsimony again. If it didn't take ridiculous amounts of energy, we'd have probes on Alpha Centauri already.

Parsimony is a rule of thumb, not a law.

However, science has shown repeatedly that future data often supports more complex theories than existing data.

Science tends to prefer the simplest explanation that is consistent with the data available at a given time, but history shows that these simplest explanations often yield to complexities as new data becomes available.

For example:

What is Hyperspace?

How does it work?

How does a ship enter in it?

Wookiepedia states that the Hyperdrive engine is a fusion engine, and that to enter Hyperspace,

the process of a hyperspace jump began with the collection of gamma radiation by the field guide. A motivator would build up and modify the energy in a fusion generator through several kilometers of looped superconducting wire. To enter hyperspace, the hyperdrive's horizontal boosters would provide energy to the ionization chamber to begin ignition that would release the radiation, causing ripples in the time-space matrix and allowing the ship to propel off the ripples into hyperspace.

The Superlaser could very well emit this radiation in its beam, and create a Hyperspace rift inside a planet...

It's the same thing in ST.

Transporters should theoretically require a shitload of energy (breaking the atomic bond of molecules, re-arrange it in a matter stream, then re-form them?), except that we know, from ST:Nem that small emergency Transporters exist.

How much energy can be contained in a small cell less then a cm2?

I know ST and SW have much better power generation capacities then we do, but they're not magical ones, so they have a limit...