News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Galaxy class starship main defector dish as a weapon

Oh well look at the bright side, that means another 6 months of activity, or at least until one side or the other cant take the concentrated stupid anymore and slashes their wrists

"The wheels on the bus go round-and-round, round-and-round, round-and-round, all though the town!" whistle.gif

Reading Jason's arguments, is like listening to my mildly dyslexic 9yo daughter trying to read the Magna Carta. Except, she makes more sense - and I don't have the urge to beat her with a vacuum cleaner hose... ice.gif

At least the boy has a sense of Humor, judging by his new avatar.

However, his consistent misspelling of words outs him as an obvious Troll. Nobody would do it so repetitively, even if they were a poor speller or non-native to English (it simply defies the statistics of probability!!!). Although I am having a hard time "reading" his personality, and for that I do have to give him credit for his chosen craft.

Is it obvious to anyone else that he is desperately trying to sound like Chekov? And if so: the original, or the reboot?

USS ENterpise D carries very longer number ant matter mines there no reason beam these babies on to the Borg Cube.

An antimatter mine is a relatively small device the size of a small probe that contains a large amount of antimatter. On board sensors detect close-range starships and the mine moves towards them. On impact, the containment fields within the mine collapse, dispersing antimatter onto the ship's hull causing a large number of instant annihilations, resulting in an explosion. My link

In 2369 the crew of the USS Enterprise-D used 500 antimatter mines of varied sizes by order of Captain Edward Jellico to force a Cardassian fleet hidden into the McAllister C-5 Nebula to withdraw. The mines were placed surreptitiously by a shuttle and tacked themselves on the hull of the Cardassian ships. (TNG: "Chain of Command, Part II")

It is official, Jason believes that the E-D beams over babies to Borg cubes.

All in favor of sending Jason to the Invader Zim-verse planet "Blorch, Home of the Slaughtering Rat People" say: "MOOSEY FATE BRING US ALL TOGETHER!" - GIR

...Or I guess saying "I" will do.

Here another piece evidence that USS Enterpise D could beam over all photon toropdoes to that borg cube if wish to.

In 2365, Geordi La Forge improvised and created photon torpedoes by increasing antimatter charges of the Pakled ship Mondor. Prior to the modifications, the charges were considered as limited armaments. They were not even powerful enough to blow up asteroids, and did not present any danger to the Galaxy-class USS Enterprise-D.Here were I get this information from My link

Here another piece evidence that USS Enterpise D could beam over all photon toropdoes to that borg cube if wish to.

In 2365, Geordi La Forge improvised and created photon torpedoes by increasing antimatter charges of the Pakled ship Mondor. Prior to the modifications, the charges were considered as limited armaments. They were not even powerful enough to blow up asteroids, and did not present any danger to the Galaxy-class USS Enterprise-D.Here were I get this information from My link

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

RIKER

Then I recommend you do not fire

until you are within forty

thousand kilometers.

My link

We known 40 thousand kilometers is just out barely out USS Enterprise D normal fire range with it photon torpedoes and phasers.

The fact USS enterprise D it main defector dish was fire at 40,000 kilometers. Suggestion just barely a safe distance way Borg cube if their weapon had work.

MOOSEY FATE BRING US ALL TOGETHER!

The fact USS enterprise D it main defector dish was fire at 40,000 kilometers. Suggestion just barely a safe distance way Borg cube if their weapon had work.

WHY? What possible evidence is there for that? I could interpret that scene as proving that the targeting systems are so crappy that they can't hit the broad side of a barn from more than 40 Mm.

I don't, but I could.

If you wish to see evidence watch this vidoe from 52 secounds to about to one minute.

listion to this line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXkWlwAByXE&feature=related

RIKER

Then I recommend you do not fire

until you are within forty

thousand kilometers.

KLAG

Why?

RIKER

It will reduce their response

time.

My link

We known 40 thousand kilometers is just barely out USS Enterprise D normal fire range with it photon torpedoes and phasers. Other wise example why Riker said to Klag it reduce thier response time.

RIKER

Move us to within forty thousand

kilometers, match velocity.

Commence arming sequence...

Increase deflector modulation to

upper frequency band...

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/nextgeneration/season3/tng-326.txt

The main defector dish Galaxy class starship more power then at least 24 photon torpedoes to say the least. Because other wise why did they turn main defector dish when needed real explosive get out of the Tyken's Rift and not photon torpedoes lunachers on both the USS Brattain and the USS Enterprise D. USS Enterprise D fire alone about twenty photon torpedoes a second may be more. The USS Brattain fire at least 4 photon torpedoes a second. For that matter USS Enterprise D could use all photon torpedoes and fire them into the Tyken's Rift in across a few minutes.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Night_Terrors_(episode)

the NX class starship main defector dish had the fire power need to destory Delphic Expanse sphere in number of minutes. One think the USS Enterpise D main defector dish many times more powerful and much harder to burn out.

the NX class starship main defector dish had the fire power need to destory Delphic Expanse sphere in number of minutes. One think the USS Enterpise D main defector dish many times more powerful and much harder to burn out.

Except that the one time we do see it used, it blows out after one shot, and doesn't even create the kind of explosion that they were expecting. So, it appears this comparison is incorrect.

Except that the one time we do see it used, it blows out after one shot, and doesn't even create the kind of explosion that they were expecting. So, it appears this comparison is incorrect.

Yeah, but practicalities are not Jason's strong suit.

Yeah, but practicalities are not Jason's strong suit.

Intelligence, coherence, debating, sexuality, existence are not Jason's strong suits.

The only strong suit that Jason has is a straight jacket. smile.gif

Intelligence, coherence, debating, sexuality, existence are not Jason's strong suits.

The only strong suit that Jason has is a straight jacket. smile.gif

Don't forget persistance.