News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Starfleet armor in 24 century

I fucking HATE snakes. However, some good news. It looks like Instituto Bioclon still makes an anti venom. It's not approved here yet, but I can't imagine the FDA wouldn't eventually approve it if it's the only choice.

Red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow. Red touches black, you're okay, Jack.

I, on the other hand, love snakes. We have a vole problem in my neighborhood. Every winter, those little rodents dig through our back yard and mess up the lawn. Back the summer of '04, a black snake moved into our yard. When the spring of '05 came, there were NO vole tracks. However, we haven't seen that snake since. My dad and I were thinking of buying some black snakes and letting them loose in the yard.

Red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow. Red touches black, you're okay, Jack.

You gave it away!!!!

That's the same way I learned it.

I fucking HATE snakes. However, some good news. It looks like Instituto Bioclon still makes an anti venom. It's not approved here yet, but I can't imagine the FDA wouldn't eventually approve it if it's the only choice.

Of course it will, and the reason that they stopped making it (as I understand it) was that the new one was coming and the supplies of the old one were so high that no one had ordered in a long time.

The point was to illustrate how similar looking things can be completely different. If someone were to throw a coral snake at a camera, teling which it is without freeze frame would be rather difficult.

I, of course, don't recommend throwing coral snakes at anything, it's a good way to get a dose of neurotoxin.

You are a fucking retard. But then again that is an insults to all retards.

Hay one think to try insult me another thing to insult everyone that is retarded.

Wait minute found another reason we not did normal see UFP personal using force field be used in combat. Worf personal force field and strength enough stop holographic bullets only work for few seconds. So someone carry something like 1,100 communicators size Worf wearing for it work one hour. This back even more so by fact Borg walk about same speed as a human but are much stronger any body in UFP other Data. So likely personal force field weight a lot as will. That be good reason why we did not see UFP security personal wearing them. Must time starship security fight criminals or intruder often run extremely fast. Normal not charge station near by UFP security personal in fire fight. So personal force field might will useful try defend territory over runned.

You get a posrep just for that comeback to Enigma.

Even though I have NO idea what that part about the forcefield meant.

You get a posrep just for that comeback to Enigma.

And he gets a negrep for ignoring my post.

A valid reason.

Still, I think it's cute when he tries to make comebacks.

You all do know jason's right about the force field shielding right. well sorta

In the 25th century (2406 to be exact) the corps of engineers makes headway with power cell technology and thus give out personal shield generators to ships as a trial use.

Remember I said this awhile back -

So after some discussions with Tyralak, we have decided that the STORYLINE OF EVENTS can be used as a source in debates. What is not considered allowed to be added is any actions done by a player. The reason for this is even CBS wouldn't allow a players action to become anywhere near canon or else.. well lets just say there would be a lot of sexual actions going on ^^. Also, if a series/movie overwrites the 2409 timeline (from STO), that then becomes canon STO becomes non canon. Therefor, as of this point STO is considered "canon" for debate purposes, until a new series takes place after the events of nemesis (STX) which would then change the timeline as written by STO.

So yes, if jason ever popped back up I guess he could have his damn personal shields now lol. As such I should mention that the power levels are designed for a game, not for canon so those will not be allowed to be added into debate as a source.

So no, in the 24th century there isn't any really. But just a few years later boop!

Hay one think to try insult me another thing to insult everyone that is retarded.

Of course. Retards have a higher level of intellect compared to you and they know in some form or another to concede a point. The mentally handicap are your superiors. Bow down to them and learn of their ways.

Wait minute found another reason we not did normal see UFP personal using force field be used in combat. Worf personal force field and strength enough stop holographic bullets only work for few seconds. So someone carry something like 1,100 communicators size Worf wearing for it work one hour. This back even more so by fact Borg walk about same speed as a human but are much stronger any body in UFP other Data. So likely personal force field weight a lot as will. That be good reason why we did not see UFP security personal wearing them. Must time starship security fight criminals or intruder often run extremely fast. Normal not charge station near by UFP security personal in fire fight. So personal force field might will useful try defend territory over runned.

Wait a minute, you are still an idiot. Why are we debating about forcefields? We know the UFP has them but are completely stupid and don't hand them out to every starship in Starfleet. Armor, in the other hand has gone bye bye, much like whatever brain cells you may have left. Tyralak (I think it was him) made a very valid point that armor in its current form is inadequate.

As for why they are not handed out. Your logic is completely bonkers. Worf made a makeshift personal forcefield from his communicator. Of course it wouldn't last long since it was not designed to act as a forcefield generator! As for the proof with the Borg.... having you been lending yourself as a pinata at a Hell's Angels party? How does the Borg drones being able to walk as fast as normal humans (fat chance unless you think you walk like a fucking zombie. Unlike you, us humans walk a lot faster than than a lurching drone) equate to forcefield generators weighing a lot?

For all we know, dedicated forcefield generators could be small enough to be clipped onto a belt. It has to be small enough if the fucking UFP has enough of them to equip an army.

For once in your fucked up existence, concede!

Nice try though to insult me. Much like you, it failed miserably.

You all do know jason's right about the force field shielding right. well sorta

In the 25th century (2406 to be exact) the corps of engineers makes headway with power cell technology and thus give out personal shield generators to ships as a trial use.

Remember I said this awhile back -

[/color][/size]So no, in the 24th century there isn't any really. But just a few years later boop!

You don't even need to go that far. There's a DS9 episode where an admiral states that they have enough personal forcefields to equip an entire army. Why they haven't done so is anyone's guess. My bet is that Starfleet Command is staffed by complete morons.

Since as far as we know, the UFP has no free standing army (in the 24th century), they should have enough forcefield generators to equip every away team in every starship.

True... but if he would of said Starfleet armor in the 25th century you'd all be boned tongue.gif

You don't even need to go that far. There's a DS9 episode where an admiral states that they have enough personal forcefields to equip an entire army. Why they haven't done so is anyone's guess. My bet is that Starfleet Command is staffed by complete morons.

Since as far as we know, the UFP has no free standing army (in the 24th century), they should have enough forcefield generators to equip every away team in every starship.

I think its more that forcefields might just have a very limited use. Can a phaser work through a personal forcefield? how do you prevent people from just modulating to shoot through it. Even Klingon rogues without modern equipment can pull off that trick, at least in the abstract.

Would you deploy personal forcefields in large scale (division and corps +) ground combat, or even similar scale counter insurgencies? Yeah, then it probably makes sense. Does it make sense for small scale engagements, maybe not - I have no idea.

The fact of the matter is that just that one line really doesn't tell us anything other than that they exist (and therefor contradicting that nice piece of jumped up fanon that Paul and Jason are such fans of). What they are used for, and how? We don't know. My explanation of limited uses and forcing the use of melee weapons has the nice bonus of explaining the Klingon fascination with bladed weapons, but it is no more or less valid than any other theory that explains why they don't show up anywhere other than the animated series.

In STO, phasers can wear down personal forcefields, but then again, so can bat'leths, and targ bites. Seriously, attack targs are a pain in the ass.

In STO, phasers can wear down personal forcefields, but then again, so can bat'leths, and targ bites. Seriously, attack targs are a pain in the ass.

bat'leths and targ bites go through personal shields. They do not drain them.

Ah. So, I guess Questor's theory about kinetic weapons has been validated then.

bat'leths and targ bites go through personal shields. They do not drain them.

Can SF people carry swords? Because I wanna see Picard with a rapier, and Sisco with a battleaxe.

You gave it away!!!!

That's the same way I learned it.

From Wiki:

This reliably applies only to coral snakes native to North America: Micrurus fulvius (Eastern or common coral snake), Micrurus tener (Texas coral snake), and Micruroides euryxanthus (Arizona coral snake), found in the southern and western United States. Coral snakes found in other parts of the world can have distinctly different patterns, have red bands touching black bands, have only pink and blue banding, or have no banding at all.

Can SF people carry swords? Because I wanna see Picard with a rapier, and Sisco with a battleaxe.

Actually yes. There is a nausicaan sword, and we have lirpa's as well. And it's SISKO not Sisco. I could probably do some screenshots of picard and sisko both with a sword...

Wait minute is another example of personal force field used it not for combat use thought. If wish see evidence watch video form 4 minute and 11 seconds to about 5 minute and 30 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjtNAO5VQqo&feature=related

Liston to them talk about subspace force field.

Who fucking cares, ya flaccid shit monkey. We're talking about combat application.

Can you do me a favor and shoot yourself in the head?

I could probably do some screenshots of picard and sisko both with a sword...

Or, you could just get me to Photoshop that. tongue.gif

Or, you could just get me to Photoshop that. tongue.gif

No because I could actually do a video wink.gif

Who fucking cares, ya flaccid shit monkey. We're talking about combat application.

Can you do me a favor and shoot yourself in the head?

Only if you do the same ^^