News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Starfleet armor in 24 century

Some people still claim starfleet personal did not wear armor. SImple fact even knight did protect againist all weapon of day when knight used in open combat. While against sword and spears they did job against crossbows and longbows they poorly effective at best. We never seen any armor other maybe UFP armor provide protect against blade base weapons. As energy base weapons it hard to tell if UFP soldier uniform provide protect against energy weapons and to what level. For example even all armor has limit UFP soldier uniforms might will provide protect energy weapons up to level. For example never seen UFP soldier get hit stander hand phaser and for that matter only think see them get hit Klingon disruptor unknown setting that seem give lot heavy bang then anything we see Klingon hand disruptor give off.

GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON NOT TO MERGE THIS LUNACY WITH YOUR OTHER ATTEMPTS TO PROVE THAT A JACKET IS ARMOR.

Some people still claim starfleet personal did not wear armor. SImple fact even knight did protect againist all weapon of day when knight used in open combat. While against sword and spears they did job against crossbows and longbows they poorly effective at best. We never seen any armor other maybe UFP armor provide protect against blade base weapons. As energy base weapons it hard to tell if UFP soldier uniform provide protect against energy weapons and to what level. For example even all armor has limit UFP soldier uniforms might will provide protect energy weapons up to level. For example never seen UFP soldier get hit stander hand phaser and for that matter only think see them get hit Klingon disruptor unknown setting that seem give lot heavy bang then anything we see Klingon hand disruptor give off.

09475892751903225089.jpg

Jason, there's just no proof of any kind of armor. It's just fabric.

Ty, any proof would actually be fabricated, not fabric... tongue.gif

By canon going with what's said on air, yes. Starfleet soldiers did have body armor and personal shield generators.

If you're the bitch type that likes to assume that only visual counts then yes you're screwed.

As for it being the normal uniform that's retarded.

By canon going with what's said on air, yes. Starfleet soldiers did have body armor and personal shield generators.

Quotes, please?

Quotes, please?

Well, there are none that I know of for the armor, but here's the DS9 "Homefront" quotes for the personal shields:

LEYTON

We've been preparing for something

like this for a long time. We

have stockpiles of phaser rifles,

personal forcefields, photon

grenades, enough to equip an

entire army. I can start placing

troops in the streets immediately.

As for armor, they did wear them in ST II, and ST III.

Why they stopped wearing armor is anyone's guest, but they did...

Well, there are none that I know of for the armor, but here's the DS9 "Homefront" quotes for the personal shields:

My new question is not "What are they used for outside of hazardous environments? (I'm even going to TAS for support)"

As for armor, they did wear them in ST II, and ST III.

Why they stopped wearing armor is anyone's guest, but they did...

Because they became space-hippies or space-NOAA, and stopped being a space navy?

Well, Questor, since they wanted to equip military personel with these in case of an invasion of Earth, my guess (and yes, it is only a guess) would be protection in a fight...

As to why they stopped wearing armor, we'll have to go with your interpretation, because it sure beats:

"They all became dumb!"

tongue.gif

You know, the crew of the E-D would have loved those personal forcefields when going on those away team missions. lol

Same with Voyager and DS9. smile.gif

Another possible personal force field only UFP Special Forces us them perhaps out required training need in order for them to use effectively in combat. Also UFP soldier uniforms might will provide some protect energy basic weapons.

You know, the crew of the E-D would have loved those personal forcefields when going on those away team missions. lol

Same with Voyager and DS9. smile.gif

Oh, I can garantee you every Starfleet member would have loved armor and shields on away missions...

Yeah, the Federation is dumb sometimes.

They probably copied the Imperial strategy book, but felt red looked better than white... smile.gif

Oh, I can garantee you every Starfleet member would have loved armor and shields on away missions...

Yeah, the Federation is dumb sometimes.

They probably copied the Imperial strategy book, but felt red looked better than white... smile.gif

At least with red, the enemy won't see you bleed! But then again you'd most likely be disintegrated if shot. smile.gif

I wonder which is better cotton\wool\polyester armour or plastic armour? smile.gif

I take the one made of fabric since it would be more comfortable even if it doesn't actually protect me from phaser fire. smile.gif lol

Well, Questor, since they wanted to equip military personel with these in case of an invasion of Earth, my guess (and yes, it is only a guess) would be protection in a fight...

The problem with that idea is that they never used them anywhere else. Perhaps they were getting ready for a biohazard issue?

As to why they stopped wearing armor, we'll have to go with your interpretation, because it sure beats:

"They all became dumb!"

tongue.gif

Agreed.

UFP still wear armor if wish to see evidence UFp combat uniform provide watch these videos

First video it show someone wearing normal UFP uniform as you can see green flash after he get hit. 4 minute and 14 seconds to about and 16 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4fp2VJ9nqc&feature=related

See green flash goes off after the poor person normal uniform after sparks flying and then green flash.

Now watch this video show UFP soldier combat uniform on 4 minute and 45 seconds to about 5 minute and 54 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJHOjR48BY&feature=related

As you guys can see UFP soldier when they get hit Klingon disruptor no green flash happen after sparks. When UFP person wearing normal uniform Klingon disruptor hits see green flash after sparks.

My theory UFP combat uniform at least prevent UFP person vaporized and most likely lighten the blow. For example much higher kill setting would likely needed to kill them. Other wise I like some please explain why a green flash after spark UFP personal in a normal starfleet uniform get hit but no green flash after sparks when someone is wearing UFP soldier uniform get hit.

this thread made me lose the will to live.

I guess it doesn't take much to push you over the edge? smile.gif

BTW, the Enterprise-D and E were and are made of sponge.

And the ISDs are made of cheese wedges.

it does not take a lot of fucking idiots to push me over the edge correct.

it does not take a lot of fucking idiots to push me over the edge correct.

I pity you. smile.gif *does the safety dance*

Yeah, I think anyone will agree Starfleet doesn't have armor, unlike the Empire, and even cheap armor that only protects against shrapnel or glancing hits is better than no armor at all...

Maybe Starfleet costumes are simply made of fire-resistant material, since we know Phasers do have heat effects, and so they found a good compromise between pajamas and Phaser protection... tongue.gif

It could be too, that armor would provide too small of a protection against a weapon as powerful as a phaser or disruptor. It would have been too little too late.