News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

A thoery Admiral Riker get his Enterpise D after starbird part get destory

Wait.... you're trying to argue LOGIC with Jason? wallbash.gif

I know, I know. I'm using him as training in case I ever take a job involving customer service and/or politics.smile.gif

You don't beam a multi kiloton saucer section into space. No starship has that kind of power.

You don't beam a multi kiloton saucer section into space. No starship has that kind of power.

I don't think we've ever seen anything that large beamed. I'm sure you could tractor it easily, but probably not beam it.

Not by the Federation. The Voth, on the other hand, once beamed Voyager into one of their ships.

Not by the Federation. The Voth, on the other hand, once beamed Voyager into one of their ships.

Yeah but that was a race that was 80 million years old? So i'd hope they'd be semi more technical than the federation hehe.

And NO jason, they couldn't of gotten this technology before you try to use this as evidence.

Yeah but that was a race that was 80 million years old? So i'd hope they'd be semi more technical than the federation hehe.

And NO jason, they couldn't of gotten this technology before you try to use this as evidence.

We seen Emergency transport unit that used Star Terk Nemesis able to beam up Caption Pircord without the help USS Enterprise E transporters. That thing not much bigger then a communicator. So not be impossible for a starship design beam up object about size saucer section keep transporter buffer in till reach the starbase . This kind starship more likely design deal artifacts very big and to much risk dug them out of the ground. Something I could see UFP build during peace times. Also have noted like UFP plan at first saucer section be museum piece before major war break lose UFP need use help defand UFP attack force.

1krass.gif

Umm, since when does transporter unit size affect how much matter it can actually transport? I'll accept that on the small side, but going the other way?

1krass.gif

Umm, since when does transporter unit size affect how much matter it can actually transport? I'll accept that on the small side, but going the other way?

Exactly!

As every girl will tell you (when she's unsatisfied): Size doesn't matter, put MORE ENERGY INTO IT DAMMIT!

So you see, it's not a matter of size, but one of energy...

tongue.gif

UFP have other handle transporter devices My link.

In 2374, Captain Janeway and a holographic recreation of Leonardo da Vinci used a site-to-site transporter to escape from Tau, an interstellar pirate in the Delta Quadrant, who had stolen a number of goods from the USS Voyager, including the transporter. (VOY: "Concerning Flight")

So the technology existed the question would UFP have starship build do something that. The answer to question I think yes for archeology missions. Also after Dominion war even UFP did not desing kind technology they still they must likely tug source section saucer back for to be put UFP museum. Across major war fact only already extra Source section and UFP need more then Museum would for war must likely take out build star drive upgrade Source section and send battle.

In 2374, Captain Janeway and a holographic recreation of Leonardo da Vinci used a site-to-site transporter to escape from Tau, an interstellar pirate in the Delta Quadrant, who had stolen a number of goods from the USS Voyager, including the transporter. (VOY: "Concerning Flight")

So the technology existed the question would UFP have starship build do something that. The answer to question I think yes for archeology missions. Also after Dominion war even UFP did not desing kind technology they still they must likely tug source section saucer back for to be put UFP museum. Across major war fact only already extra Source section and UFP need more then Museum would for war must likely take out build star drive upgrade Source section and send battle.

Blah blah blah. That's my answer.

No where in your ramblings have you even come close to proving they could beam an entire saucer section (which can hold what roughly 900+ people) into space, across the river or two inches over. The Scorpion Fighter which was beamed into the Enterprise E was a dinky friggen thing so yes, it's plausable they could beam a small FIGHTER but you're talking about millions of tons of metal, biomatter, chemicals etc.

Soo bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt Your time is up thanks for playing.

Exactly. Why the hell would they bother beaming it anyway? Tractor the fucking thing into orbit and drag it home. Simple as that. Why do you have to always do things the hard way, Jason?

Maybe he's a masochist?

Maybe he's a masochist?

Actually, a masochist likes to hurt himself.

His posts hurt our brains, therefore he keeps posting because he is a sadist... tongue.gif

His posts hurt our brains, therefore he keeps posting because he is a sadist... tongue.gif

Ok they should us tractor beam pull source section of the planet then bring Starfleet museum latter call back into latter upgrade back working to aid UFP war Klingon Empire.

Exactly. Why the hell would they bother beaming it anyway? Tractor the fucking thing into orbit and drag it home. Simple as that. Why do you have to always do things the hard way, Jason?

But the stress of exiting the atmosphere would surely add more damage to the saucer section than it already sustained. Just because the saucer section landed in one piece, doesn't mean it would remain in one piece after you try to lift it up. smile.gif

Picture him as a Roomba with a malfunctioning sensor that keeps bumping into the same wall over and over and over and.....

I said Jason was a masochist because he posts these idiotic threads that are pretty much just signs saying "Come Here! Beat the Shit outta me for free!"

But the stress of exiting the atmosphere would surely add more damage to the saucer section than it already sustained. Just because the saucer section landed in one piece, doesn't mean it would remain in one piece after you try to lift it up. smile.gif

In practice thirty engineer could make minor repairs need so they could left it up with tractor beam and pull and bring nearest starfleet museum.

In practice thirty engineer could make minor repairs need so they could left it up with tractor beam and pull and bring nearest starfleet museum.

In reality, you need to remove your head from your ass.

Depending on the dictates of the story, it's not inconceivable for them to use a structural integrity enhancement field on the saucer.

Depending on the dictates of the story, it's not inconceivable for them to use a structural integrity enhancement field on the saucer.

This is Star Trek, they throw continuity, science and logic out the window without any provocation at all. Why blame the story?

But if the saucer is that weak to need that, do you really want to use it? Or would it just be easier to send a work crew to dismantle the saucer section for reclamation and chop up the rest for recycling.

Or, how about Jason is a clueless twit who has no idea what he's talking about?