News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Could UFP successed done better reble did againsit the first death star

Tell that to the Ent-D. smile.gif

Ah, but we aren't talking about the original "sneeze next to it and it explodes" E-D, we are talking about the Delta Flyer.

And by the way, even the original E-D needed a bigger sneeze than a Tie to explode, like, almost two sneezes... tongue.gif

But have they stopped the ship from shaking whenever it gets hit? smile.gif Have they re-invented the surge protector? lol smile.gif

They have seat belts now. tongue.gif

But regardless it wouldn't of gone splat easily just because Tie fighter hit it.

In practice, squadron of Attack Fighters destroys Death Star as soon as they get to the vent.

Interesting choice of words...

"in practice"

Ah, but we aren't talking about the original "sneeze next to it and it explodes" E-D, we are talking about the Delta Flyer.

And by the way, even the original E-D needed a bigger sneeze than a Tie to explode, like, almost two sneezes... tongue.gif

That's one thing I never got. How come the E-D will explode if it gets hit on the nacelle, whereas Excelsior, Miranda, and Akira class ships, all older designs, might I add, don't have this problem? I mean, hell, not even the Odyssey which got blown up by a Jem'Hadar kamikaze suffered this problem. So it's not even a problem unique to the Galaxy-class, just the E-D...

Interesting choice of words...

"in practice"

I agree, that's a very... Jason-esque choice of words.

You don't think...

Nah, grammar's too good.

That's one thing I never got. How come the E-D will explode if it gets hit on the nacelle, whereas Excelsior, Miranda, and Akira class ships, all older designs, might I add, don't have this problem? I mean, hell, not even the Odyssey which got blown up by a Jem'Hadar kamikaze suffered this problem. So it's not even a problem unique to the Galaxy-class, just the E-D...

The older ships compared to the newer ships can be compared to the fifties and sixties large muscle cars compared to the newer smaller, lighter, turbo charged racing cars like you'd see on Fast and the Furious.

The older vehicles are tougher and not fuel efficient compared to the newer cars. Same with the ships. The older classes were tougher, more resilient and inefficient compared to the newer ships. Look at the warp scale in Memory Alpha, even the older ships were faster than the newer ships.

But the new ships were more energy efficient and "friendly to the environment" when they found out in TNG and later in DS9 that the warp and impulse drives were damaging\threatening the subspace\Prophets and therefore made adjustments.

Look at the damage the E-A took in TUC compared to the E-D in Generations.

Old ships = stronger, faster but inefficient.

New ships = weaker, slower, but energy efficient and "green".

The older ships compared to the newer ships can be compared to the fifties and sixties large muscle cars compared to the newer smaller, lighter, turbo charged racing cars like you'd see on Fast and the Furious.

The older vehicles are tougher and not fuel efficient compared to the newer cars. Same with the ships. The older classes were tougher, more resilient and inefficient compared to the newer ships. Look at the warp scale in Memory Alpha, even the older ships were faster than the newer ships.

But the new ships were more energy efficient and "friendly to the environment" when they found out in TNG and later in DS9 that the warp and impulse drives were damaging\threatening the subspace\Prophets and therefore made adjustments.

Will older starship offer first to go all major battle of DS9 and seem deliver less damage punch. A galaxy class starship took punch all older class starships.

Even then, that's not entirely true, as the Sovereign-class could take one hell of a beating. I mean, look at the E-E's fight in "Nemesis". The E-D would have been blown to bits long before then.

My guess is that as soon as Starfleet Command found out that Wesley Crusher was going to be on the E-D, they decided to make the hull out of paper mache, and put an automated transponder on it to fool people into thinking that it was a normal GCS.

Ah, but that's the old E-D, before they got the Warp Core upgrade in season 6 or 7.

In ST: Gen, the E-D took direct Disruptor fire to a nacelle, and didn't blow up.

The E-E was hit on it's nacelle by flying debris in NEM, and didn't blow up...

Things have imrpoved, and again, the Delta Flyer is much tougher then a Tie fighter...

I have to disagree.

In TWoK, the unshielded E-Nil took at most 6 hits before being disabled, and the same for the Reliant...

The E-D in GEN took at least 14 onscreen hits, while unshielded, and almost 6 other not seen (but inferred by the bridge shaking), while the E-A in TUC was shielded, and took at most 10-12 hits...

And the E-E in NEM took as many, if not more hits then the E-D, from a much more powerful opponent.

True, they were shielded, but this still shows great resilience...

In practice seen many older class starship blow to bits only once saw 2 Defiant class starship and one Galaxy class starship destroy during the Dominion war. All older class starship saw going flames left right want down lot faster then the Akira class star-ship.

And one note about Nemesis - I watched it and counted few dozen hits on E-E; it also seems that Scimitar succeded in breaching E-D's shields several times, and shields were brought back up at least once after being disabled.

Have we ever seen micro-torpedoes pull a turn sharp enough to get into the exhaust port? Do we even know if a micro-torpedo will fit?

Another option turn the defector dish on a delta flyers into a weapon make that hole their lot bigger and possible blow away ray-shield. beam photon torpedoes though much bigger hole. As for first question the fact photon torpedoes have lot smellier in order fit shuttlecaft and launched. Beside with help replicators UFP make photon torpedoes smell as it wants.

And yet the DF will get blown to pieces by TL by flying a predictable straight line towards the exhaust port. The DS' TL guns may be slow but they'll have no trouble taking down a single ship flying in a straight line.

And yet the DF will get blown to pieces by TL by flying a predictable straight line towards the exhaust port. The DS' TL guns may be slow but they'll have no trouble taking down a single ship flying in a straight line.

If they're dumb enough to fly in a straight line, yeah... smile.png

But if you read Jason's latest reply it means that the DF would have to fly in a straight line in order to fire its deflector dish to make a larger hole, unless of course you prefer the DF to fire its deflector dish while zig zagging around. smile.png Kinda defeats the purpose of trying to enlarge the exhaust port.

Then again it is an exercise in futility. There's no way the DF will be able to enlarge the exhaust port all the way down to the core. It isn't powerful enough nor have the time to do it. Then again Jason can dream right?

Also the a Defiant class starship take out all DS' TL guns along the Death star trench before even want to fire main defector dish at that exhaust port and that if was not enough to deliver fatel blow which I doubt. USS Defaint could us photon toropodoes finish it off. Als Defiant class starship no need travel straignt line anyway.

Also after Defaint take out all DS' TL guns near by the exhaust port and trench it self it use main defector dish blow way ray shield and make bigger hole the USS Defaint then just transport anti-matter mines or shot mirco photon toropodoe though hole to finish off job in either case unlikly ray shield protect this bigger hole that Defaint class warship made.

But if you read Jason's latest reply it means that the DF would have to fly in a straight line in order to fire its deflector dish to make a larger hole, unless of course you prefer the DF to fire its deflector dish while zig zagging around. smile.png Kinda defeats the purpose of trying to enlarge the exhaust port.

Then again it is an exercise in futility. There's no way the DF will be able to enlarge the exhaust port all the way down to the core. It isn't powerful enough nor have the time to do it. Then again Jason can dream right?

Unless the DF has accepted a couple of "Enlarge your Exhaust Port" E-mails and it has that capacity... smile.png

Unless the DF has accepted a couple of "Enlarge your Exhaust Port" E-mails and it has that capacity... smile.png

Now the moron switched from DF to Defiant. Lol. Just because the Defiant is captained by a black man, it doesn't automatically mean they can enlarge the exhaust port. smile.png

......make that hole their lot bigger and possible blow..... though much bigger hole....... As for first question the fact photon torpedoes have lot smellier in order fit..... Beside with help replicators UFP make photon torpedoes smell as it wants.....

Is it just me, or is Jason getting more and more perverted?

Is it just me, or is Jason getting more and more perverted?

He wants to out RayCav, RayCav.

Now the moron switched from DF to Defiant. Lol. Just because the Defiant is captained by a black man, it doesn't automatically mean they can enlarge the exhaust port. smile.png

I using Defaint class to be topic not pure a say caption by black man. For that matter caption blue man for all we care. Beside now think about the exhaust port not best target this case the big super laser might more ideal to knock out outs with hit main defector dish singe shot like knock the super laser leave much bigger hole for the Defaint class warship destory Death star with.