News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Elagabalus

Darth Vader versus Kahless

I would say Vader.

Force powers that have been shown useful in combat before, plus a magic sword that cuts through anything?

Kahless doesn't stand a chance... tongue.gif

Unfortunately Darth Vader would win. One throat squeeze and kahless is down for the count ^^

Who would seize victory in this clash of titans?

LOL another delusional Trekkie and his wet dreams of one of the strongest Force warriors to ever exist vs. Klingon Mohammad.

The fight would be about as fair as your Grandmother vs. a bus.

LOL another delusional Trekkie and his wet dreams of one of the strongest Force warriors to ever exist vs. Klingon Mohammad.

He didn't state an opinion one way or the other fuzznuts.

If take away the force Kahless would kill Darth Vader.

y-yyyes. But, would we even care about Vader if he didn't have the Force? No, probably not.

If take away the force Kahless would kill Darth Vader.

Chop off Kahless limbs and replace them with prosthetics and Vader will win. smile.gif

Or, no Force but Kahless with his batleh (however that is spelled) versus Vader and his lightsaber. Oh wait... Vader wins again. smile.gif

Seriously, nobody has the nerve to take the other side on this one? You just have to get a little bit creative. I mean, who\'s the real Kahless? It\'s not some regular old Klingon dude, with mortal failings... let\'s suppose he\'s really the immortal god-hero the legends make him out to be. Not the cloned dude that\'s supposed to be Kahless reborn, that\'s pretty clearly a regular guy, we have to assume the priests got it wrong. In that case, Vader is toast. Force choke? Dude can hold his breath for three days and three nights straight (TNG:\"Birthright\"), so the force choke won\'t cut it.

Lightsabers are cool. Cut through almost anything. Unfortunately, it can take a lightsaber some time to cut through thermally resistant materials. In the forging of the original batleth, Kahless dips his hair in lava and twists the hot rock into shape with his bare hands (TNG: \"Rightful Heir\"). Both his skin and hair are obviously supernaturally resistant to thermal attacks, and thus lightsaber swipes that would decapitate most mortal beings will barely nick his lava-resistant hide. The lightsaber will only be useful in disarming Kahless; since Vader isn\'t the nimble fellow he used to be, and simply limps slowly around, it is now a grappling contest between an asthmatic dude and a superhuman immortal with inhuman strength who has the aerobic endurance to fight through an entire army without a water break (DS9: \"Let he who is without sin...\" \"Looking for Par\'mach in all the wrong places.) or to engage in a twelve-day long duel (TNG: \"New Ground\", \"Firstborn\"). Vader goes down in the third round after Kahless breaks his inhaler.

That was EASY! Set me up something harder, like Darth Vader versus a fluffy bunny rabbit. \\snark

wink.gif \"My name is... Tim!\"

Seriously, nobody has the nerve to take the other side on this one? You just have to get a little bit creative. I mean, who\'s the real Kahless? It\'s not some regular old Klingon dude, with mortal failings... let\'s suppose he\'s really the immortal god-hero the legends make him out to be. Not the cloned dude that\'s supposed to be Kahless reborn, that\'s pretty clearly a regular guy, we have to assume the priests got it wrong. In that case, Vader is toast. Force choke? Dude can hold his breath for three days and three nights straight (TNG:\"Birthright\"), so the force choke won\'t cut it.

Lightsabers are cool. Cut through almost anything. Unfortunately, it can take a lightsaber some time to cut through thermally resistant materials. In the forging of the original batleth, Kahless dips his hair in lava and twists the hot rock into shape with his bare hands (TNG: \"Rightful Heir\"). Both his skin and hair are obviously supernaturally resistant to thermal attacks, and thus lightsaber swipes that would decapitate most mortal beings will barely nick his lava-resistant hide. The lightsaber will only be useful in disarming Kahless; since Vader isn\'t the nimble fellow he used to be, and simply limps slowly around, it is now a grappling contest between an asthmatic dude and a superhuman immortal with inhuman strength who has the aerobic endurance to fight through an entire army without a water break (DS9: \"Let he who is without sin...\" \"Looking for Par\'mach in all the wrong places.) or to engage in a twelve-day long duel (TNG: \"New Ground\", \"Firstborn\"). Vader goes down in the third round after Kahless breaks his inhaler.

That was EASY! Set me up something harder, like Darth Vader versus a fluffy bunny rabbit. \\snark

Was this actually shown? If not then you typed a whole lot of garbage. Let's suppose indeed.

Was this actually shown? If not then you typed a whole lot of garbage. Let's suppose indeed.

No, Enigma. These are interesting points. Are we meant to conclude that the stories about him were exaggerated myths or was he really something special? We don't really know.

Oh, and welcome.gif to ASVS, JMSpock!

Even in those circumstances Vader could just launch him a good distance away using the Force, and get the fuck out. Not a victory, but at least it isn't a loss. Also, how resistant would Kahless be to a strong electrical charge? Would Force Lightning have any effect? Couple possibilities there.

Also, since we are making assumptions that you yourself have said go against what is decided upon by the characters in the canon episodes, I reserve the right to use all Force Wank possible. Vader just stops his heart using the Force. Anakin could do it before he became Vader. (Star Wars NJO, Force Heretic III)

The thing is that one is an observed "fact" (for the purposes of this debate) and one is a religious hyperbole. Vader is an observed fact; everything we've seen of him in the films is meant to be taken at face-value. What we've seen of Kahless at face-value, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. The clone from "Rightful Heir" would be laughed out of every tavern on Quo'nos if it weren't for the fact that he's genetically Kahless and the actual Sword of Kahless as seen in the eponymous DS 9 episode shows too many embellishments and other features to suggest something moulded from hand.

It would be akin to taking every legend about Noah and Moses at face-value, including the, what, 8,000 year lifespans and all?

The Thread did not specify which Khaless was meant, therefore JMS's analysis may be valid.

One thing that had me thinking though:

What material is the Bat'Leth made of?

Would it be able to resist a Lightsabre blade for one or two hits before being cut?

Still, I think the most likely fight would be Khaless the Clone vs Vader the Cripple, so Vader with Force powers still wins...

Without though, remember that it supposedly takes Jedi powers to properly wield a Lightsabre without cutting yourself with it.

The weapon may be more dangerous to Vader then to Khaless... huh.gif

The Thread did not specify which Khaless was meant, therefore JMS's analysis may be valid.

One thing that had me thinking though:

What material is the Bat'Leth made of?

Would it be able to resist a Lightsabre blade for one or two hits before being cut?

Still, I think the most likely fight would be Khaless the Clone vs Vader the Cripple, so Vader with Force powers still wins...

Without though, remember that it supposedly takes Jedi powers to properly wield a Lightsabre without cutting yourself with it.

The weapon may be more dangerous to Vader then to Khaless... huh.gif

A normal person can use one, but they have to be really fucking careful. One over swing and it is over. One other thing to consider is that in most lightsaber battles the Force user is relying on battle precog, quite heavily.

A normal person can use one, but they have to be really fucking careful. One over swing and it is over. One other thing to consider is that in most lightsaber battles the Force user is relying on battle precog, quite heavily.

Actually, having done some Fencing in College, I'm sure I could use one properly too (although I do believe I have Force Precog sometimes, I always knew when my ex was going to be angry at me in advance laugh.gif )...

I can also see Vader knocking Kahless around like a pinata and launching heavy objects at Kahless. Besides being heat resistant does not equal lightsaber proof. For all we know it would only delay Kahless decapitation by about a second. smile.gif

I can also see Vader knocking Kahless around like a pinata and launching heavy objects at Kahless. Besides being heat resistant does not equal lightsaber proof. For all we know it would only delay Kahless decapitation by about a second. smile.gif

If you're talking about a Force-Wielding Vader, I agree (JMS's super Khaless not-withstanding) that the fight is over pretty quickly (and I gave the fight to Vader in my first post)... cool.gif

The way Qui-Gon was going through the blast-door on the Federation ship in TPM, Lightsabres do seem to work by DET, and it is mostly heat.

So heat-resistant alloys should indeed prove useful if facing a non Force-wielding opponent... rolleyes.gif

Whatever happened to guys like him?   Elagabalus, Afishymeadow, WalksInDarkness, Commander RayCav, Count Baltar, GhanjRho, Ado Mortumee/Prophet of Truth, Dragon of the Cosmic Light, and so on?