News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Star Wars Empire vs. Species 8472

Not according to the guy (Chee) who maintains the Holocron. TCW is T-canon.

GL is also the producer for the Force Unleashed game yet it is not G-canon.

Yup, except that it's directly under Lucas's influence, and has a higher Canon then anything except the movies and Novelisations, so it's even higher then any ICS, all the EU, but still lower then "The Christmas special"... whistle.gif

I didn't say it was below C canon but is below G canon.

G > T > C > S > N.

G > T > C > S > N.

That's pretty funny since it pretty much drops all firepower capabilities for Star Wars down to a few kilotons at most.

Enjoy the ensuing assraping of 8472.

G > T > C > S > N.

See, that's pretty much it for SW Canon.

Lucas's comment about the EU being a "parallel universe" was pretty much his way, IMO (and I've nothing to back this up), of saying his shit is on top, and everybody else's pretty much on the bottom, which is why I do use the Canon structure you gave in debates, which is LucasArts or LucasLicensing's very own Canon definition.

I think it's pretty clear, and easy to follow...

That's pretty funny since it pretty much drops all firepower capabilities for Star Wars down to a few kilotons at most.

Go fuck a chicken will you?

Go fuck a chicken will you?

Is that T or C Canon? whistle.gif

Ya know more and more i'm realizing why i hate Star Wars debates -

THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ANYTHING ANYONE EVER WRITES IS CANON CRAP IS FUCKING ANNOYING

Welcome to the strict canonist club. We'd have meetings, but there's only about four of us in the world.

Are you drunk? Or are you just a fucking idiot?

Uh, funny how you forgot that only Borg nanoprobes work against Species 8472. And considering that the Empire doesn't have those, good luck supporting that theory. rolleyes.gif

Except when the borg use them

Mith just thinks the cartoon is the highest cannon

Mith has been off his rocker since before TCW came out.

Mith has been off his rocker since before TCW came out.
It's the one thing in SW I think he truly loves, although yes, Mith has be crazy for years.

I blame the great RSA-Sarli-KJA-Traviss conspiracy

Mith just thinks the cartoon is the highest cannon

Nope, actually he thinks the cartoon is just below the movies in Canon, but above illustration books... whistle.gif

But yeah, he does exagerate a bit sometimes... wink.gif

Considering that fluidic space is matter would this be a large kick in the ass to ships that have to concern themselves with mass shadows?. They would be stuck to traveling without hyperspace and we have no idea how the empires turbo lasers would react to being fired through matter instead of a vacuum.

Considering that fluidic space is matter would this be a large kick in the ass to ships that have to concern themselves with mass shadows?. They would be stuck to traveling without hyperspace and we have no idea how the empires turbo lasers would react to being fired through matter instead of a vacuum.

Actually, it's mentioned that Imperial stormtroopers who fight underwater are issued sonic blasters because regular blasters don't work underwater. Given that a turbolaser is just a ridiculously upscaled blaster, we can assume that they won't work underwater.

However, fluidic space is not filled with water. Instead, organic fluids fill it. However, given the fact that water should stop the TLs from firing, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine that liquid wreaking havoc on the TLs.

Ya know more and more i'm realizing why i hate Star Wars debates -

THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ANYTHING ANYONE EVER WRITES IS CANON CRAP IS FUCKING ANNOYING

Yeah, and the hundreds upon hundreds of hours of on-screen canon the trek universe has compared to the 20 or so onscreen canon SW has match up REALLY well.... Look, the inclusion of the EU into the debate is attempt to even out the source material of the two franchises. It is what it is and does no good to complain about it.