News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Evidence that Military Assault Command Operations is around during TNG

Who knows going on during TOS the MACO could do military mission or they could grounding UFP embassies. More likely during TNG that for the most part peace time they grounding UFP embassies, Or business fights Cardasson or some other group cause problems for UFP some them may assimilate though during Best of Both Worlds during battle wolf 259. When Voyager send out to search for the Maqual before she disappeared the UFP need them in on the ground in major planetary systems as they getting readily for the Dominion invasion or USS Voyager had them and they all get killed thank Caretaker. During Domimion war and Short UFP war Klingon Empire many ground battles were going on MACO most likely doing daring missions of there own.

Of course they'd get in trouble! You would too if you grounded embassies and organized Cardassian business fights. smile.gif

Besides, you are talking out of your ass.

During TOS they existed it hard Cannon fact. While yes I am guessing what they would doing because only time we get see them in TOS was during Star Terk undiscovery Country when we get see Colonel West. As for TNG only evidence That I know of is soft Cannon that book Star Terk online the needs of the many.

That is not "hard cannon" fact, you moron. That is just speculation. Big difference.

Needs of the Many isn't soft-canon. It's non-canon.

I didn't read that far. All I saw was his post about Colonel West before replying. smile.gif

If what you say is true Khas Then how come Admiral Paul sugestion to get Star Terk online the needs many if not soft cannon.

My linkhttp://www.asvs.us/topic/1702-how-to-read-this-forum/ Please explain to me.

Look for this sentance on the site I gave you. If you want more information on The Path to 2409, pick up a copy of The Needs of The Many - by Michael A. Martin & Jake Sisko at your local bookstore.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2010/03/31/Author-Michael-A-Martin-on-Typhon-Pact-Seize-the-Fire-and-Star-Trek-Online-Novels.shtml

My link

Look for this sentance over here.

Michael's newest book is the Star Trek Online tie-in The Needs of the Many, which has just started to appear in bookstores. While the game, like every tie-in, will have to adhere to canon,

So the needs many are soft cannon.

The mission is soft-canon. The novelization isn't. In fact, not even the novelizations of the MOVIES or EPISODES are canon.

Do bother look site making these claims.

http://trekweb.com/a...ne-Novels.shtml

Look for this sentance over here.

Michael's newest book is the Star Trek Online tie-in The Needs of the Many, which has just started to appear in bookstores. While the game, like every tie-in, will have to adhere to canon,

So the needs many are soft cannon.

Uh no i said storyline of events is soft-canon. This includes The path to 2409 which is directly related to The Needs of the Many since it was pulled from said book since the book was created for the sole purpose of filling in the gap between Nemesis and 2409 where STO begins.

I do not however state or even suggest it's hard canon.

So does that mean that what ever information in the Star Terk online needs of the many is soft cannon as will

So does that mean that what ever information in the Star Terk online needs of the many is soft cannon as will

The path to 2409 was exerts from the book itself. Basically highlights of what happened that year. The entire book is apart of STO thus would be in the same field. While yes, no books have ever been given canon status, this book was just basically a "To explain wtf is going on in game" type deal.

Admiral Paul does that mean because MACO existed at least in Book Star Terk online needs of the many in one part story. So does that mean that the MACO in 25 century is soft cannon or is a part book none cannon?

Admiral Paul does that mean because MACO existed at least in Book Star Terk online needs of the many in one part story. So does that mean that the MACO in 25 century is soft cannon or is a part book none cannon?

I would have to double check with my little groupies that deal with CBS at cryptic, but from what I would understand is that since it's technically a part of STO, MACO's would be in the 25th century and a part of the soft canon title.

Yet STO is not hard cannon right? So canonically speaking, there is no proof of their existence post ENT?

Yet STO is not hard cannon right? So canonically speaking, there is no proof of their existence post ENT?

Actually, what this seems to imply is that, like SW, ST is now entering the "Multiple-Canon-so-it's-even-more-fucked-up" realm, with all the shows and movies being "hard" canon, and the STO story and events being "soft" canon...

So now we have to start the debate saying "SW vs ST, SW canon is G and T only and ST canon is "hard" only, who wins?"... thumbdown.gif

Except that LucasFilm has a set order of canonicity whereas we have two different corporations setting their canon. Again is STO explicitly mentioned as being canon. Or is it just fluff and fall in the realm of books and the like?

Except that LucasFilm has a set order of canonicity whereas we have two different corporations setting their canon. Again is STO explicitly mentioned as being canon. Or is it just fluff and fall in the realm of books and the like?

My understanding is that it depends on who's word you take. CBS has always said "Unless it's onscreen in live action, it doesn't count (unless we mention it)"

Cryptic is now claiming something completely different, and I for one am skeptical.

But who holds the rights? In this case it is CBS that makes the call and Cryptic is talking out of their ass.

But who holds the rights? In this case it is CBS that makes the call and Cryptic is talking out of their ass.

You obviously don't know how this works. Cryptic isn't allowed to so much as scratch it's ass as regards STO without CBS's approval. I agree this is a confusing and annoying situation as regards canon, but it really comes down to just getting official clarification from CBS and Cryptic.

You obviously don't know how this works. Cryptic isn't allowed to so much as scratch it's ass as regards STO without CBS's approval. I agree this is a confusing and annoying situation as regards canon, but it really comes down to just getting official clarification from CBS and Cryptic.

Clarification would be apprecieated, along with an explanation of why Cryptic's shit is being brought in, but the excelent relaunch novels (along with the Tital series) are not.

Said explanation should be given while having shoes thrown at them.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass about Cryptic. I'm more interested in what CBS has to say. Just like I wouldn't care what Sony would say about SW Galaxies other than what LF says.

Clarification would be apprecieated, along with an explanation of why Cryptic's shit is being brought in, but the excelent relaunch novels (along with the Tital series) are not.

While some novels are good, a few Titan ones weren't that great, IMO.

I do love the ship though...