News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Evidence that Military Assault Command Operations is around during TNG

Subaltern Lorot of the Vulcan High Command was assimilated by the Borg. (VOY: "Infinite Regress")

He most likley dual commission.Other wise 2,000 troops not been had the strong captul Vuclan even if the Warbirds did carries more. VUclan militry. Also we never saw any evidene Vuclans send any starship over to fight the borg. All starship that fleet gravy yeard look UFP to me.My link

My link

Subaltern Lorot of the Vulcan High Command was assimilated by the Borg. (VOY: "Infinite Regress")

He most likley dual commission.Other wise 2,000 troops not been had the strong captul Vuclan even if the Warbirds did carries more. VUclan militry. Also we never saw any evidene Vuclans send any starship over to fight the borg. All starship that fleet gravy yeard look UFP to me.My link

My link

YOU ARE A FUCKING LIAR!

All starship that fleet gravy yeard look UFP to me

Where is this Gravy Yard of which you speak? Can I bring Turkey and Mashed Potatoes? w00t.gif

Where is this Gravy Yard of which you speak? Can I bring Turkey and Mashed Potatoes? w00t.gif

I guess that's why starships seem to "float" in space:

They're in gravy... thumbsup.gif

Or

Awesomesauce.jpg

Here more evidence that UFP still has MACO. Fuurinkazan battle strategies were a specialty of Federation civilian strategist Kyle Riker who once advised Starfleet on the strategies while stationed at Tokyo Base. Starfleet was so pleased with Riker's work that he became a tactical adviser to that organization after completing his work at Tokyo. (TNG: "The Icarus Factor")

Retrieved from "http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Fuurinkazan_battle_strategies"

My link

For all we know, those were starship strategies. Which, considering that he was on a starbase, they probably were. You give "Stubborn Fuckwit" a whole new meaning, Jason.

MACO Corporal J. McKenzie did a six-week tour on Jupiter Station, where she gained experience operating in zero gravity environments when the gravity plating would periodically fail.

My link

Exactly. MACO was strictly an Earth military force. They may exist in the 24th century, they may not, but they have nothing to do with Starfleet.

Chain of Command 2

RIKER

Aye, sir.

(beat)

Request permission to begin

planning a rescue operation.

My link

So to make simple COmmander Riker sugestion to send a rescue team in to Cardasson militry bases save belove Caption Picard. He have be talking about group like MACO help in a misson like this or MACO it self.

YOU ARE A LIAR. MACO WAS NEVER A PART OF STARFLEET.

In the get go no. However, it could of been absorbed into it once the UFP was founded. There is no evidence to the contrary

As I stated, the bajoran militia was/is absorbed into starfleet so it's quite an easy assumption the MACO's were as well, and now exist as a ground assault unit.

Chain of Command 2

RIKER

Aye, sir.

(beat)

Request permission to begin

planning a rescue operation.

My link

So to make simple COmmander Riker sugestion to send a rescue team in to Cardasson militry bases save belove Caption Picard. He have be talking about group like MACO help in a misson like this or MACO it self.

That statement however, i doubt. While I agree the MACO's would be a strike team for sure the Enterprise doesn't have any on board that's for sure. More likely he was talking about a team of security personnel.

First who said USS Enterprise D does not have MACO's people aboard at this time? They already place new person in as a Caption of USS Enterprise D. They might have will place MACO's aboard USS Enterprise D as will during short time of this mission was going on. After all expect the USS Enterprise D could find it self in combat. They most likely thought USS Enterprise D would help transporter troops into battle. The kind mission that Commander Riker was suggestion needed elite strike forces. At best they could sneak maybe at most ten people. Team both out man and out gunned. We never seen Star Trek security do this kind mission.

In the get go no. However, it could of been absorbed into it once the UFP was founded. There is no evidence to the contrary

It is possible, but it is just as possible that it continued to exist as a purely Earth organization, just like the Vulcan commandoes Jason is so fond of.

As I stated, the bajoran militia was/is absorbed into starfleet so it's quite an easy assumption the MACO's were as well, and now exist as a ground assault unit.

It's been a while, but I don't recall Bajor joining the Federation, so I'm not sure the Militia was absorbed. It would again be inconsistent with the existence of other home defense force type groups. I know that at the end of the series, Kira was a colonel in the militia.

As for Jason, requiring a known liar to provide proof to a higher standard is not unreasonable.

Jason claimed that MACO was a part of Starfleet, and then referenced the page on Memory Alpha, citing it as proof that they were a part of Starfleet. The page on Memory Alpha states in the very first sentence that they were not part of Starfleet.

However on that same page they also comment on col west being a possible ground force team (which yes could be MACO's it could not be i'd rather say it is for shits and giggles tongue.gif)

As for bajoran milita joining starfleet

Memory Alpha Quote -

When Bajor was preparing to join the Federation, the Bajoran Militia was to be absorbed into Starfleet.

They might end up as noncoms and end up as security officers and not some specialized Vulcan ninja MACOut commandos. smile.gif

Come to think of it, I think the closest that Starfleet has in the way of an army are the security officers. They are Starfleet's grunts.

However on that same page they also comment on col west being a possible ground force team (which yes could be MACO's it could not be i'd rather say it is for shits and giggles tongue.gif)

True, but how does that give any evidence for the "Time of the Space Hippies?" And I believe I've acknowledged Colonel West myself, I have a couple of theories on that.

Given that the insignia that Colonel West is wearing is a flag officer's badge of rank (roughly four-star equivalent), and ST is generally pretty good at getting the ranks right (at least in TMP era, I advance another theory. That Colonel is Admiral West's first name. There's no evidence to disprove it! tongue.gif

Also, I think that it is possible that Admiral Colonel West was a changeling infiltrator who had travelled through time from the 24th Century, attempting to prevent the Federation/Klingon Alliance. Hell, he could be a changeling without being a time traveller, but if we're just doing things for shits and giggles...

rofl.gif

As for bajoran milita joining starfleet

<SNIP>

Yeah, I saw that, but as Bajor never joined, we have no idea what the extent of the absorption would be. It could have just meant the ship born portions of the militia, and even that may have been because of the war. There's too many unprecedented events in that era to really make any kind of decision as to whether that was a typical scenario or not.

Unless Star Terk online become cannon Bajor was just UFP allie nothing more or less.Also we known that Vuclan have own defense fleet.

Unless Star Terk online become cannon Bajor was just UFP allie nothing more or less.Also we known that Vuclan have own defense fleet.

ya know i'm backin ya ass up here why the fuck are you debating me on this? dry.gif

IN any event, since the milita was to be absorbed into bajor, and since the LOGICAL conclusion is that bajor joined the federation (almost every novel/storyline shows this happening), it's a foregone conclusion they did. The militia didn't have ground and space soldiers they were all both.. tongue.gif

The point being, fucknut?

The point being, fucknut?

He's JASON...

He doesn't need points, puny mortal... unworthy.gif

He's JASON...

He doesn't need points, puny mortal... unworthy.gif

Oh he needs points alright. All of them embedded into his skull.

Oh he needs points alright. All of them embedded into his skull.

Wouldn't that be what lead to his current behavior? whistle.gif

The weakness this arguement that Bajor milita was in practice Bajor verse of Starfleet. They contorl starships and ground forces did have elite commandoes force that we known of. In practice time Deep Space Nine even less readly fight real war then UFP. Bajor defense force be taken Starfleet.