News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What known about Earth Defense systoms

Earth still had green grass on it. Even the city Breen did hit leaving possible starship out question. Means something destory starships and fast.

Earth still had green grass on it.

So? If Obama glasses Afghanastan, Washington could still have green grass.

Even the city Breen did hit leaving possible starship out question. Means something destory starships and fast.

Right, and what possible proof do you have that that something was based on the surface of the Planet Earth, rather than - say - in orbit, or on the moon?

Also: LOW YIELD WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

rant.gifrant.gifrant.gifrant.gifrant.gifrant.gifrant.gifrant.gif

rtfm.gifrtfm.gifrtfm.gifrtfm.gifrtfm.gifrtfm.gifrtfm.gifrtfm.gif

whistle.gif
So do you have any idea where Stuart got his data from? While I find the premise of TBO cool, I find it odd that the mainstream M/I decided higher and faster wasnt the way to go

Yup, I was explaining why I didnt use the USAF as an example, the longer flight time and lower yield of ICBM warheads, the W88 is the newer trident II warhead

So do you have any idea where Stuart got his data from? While I find the premise of TBO cool, I find it odd that the mainstream M/I decided higher and faster wasnt the way to go

It comes down to a couple of political decisions, Kennedy wanted a more significant conventional military force so he could intervene in idiot going nowhere wars. The two are pretty much mutually exclusive. The super-SAC was designed for the idea that "if we declare war, OF COURSE we'll use nuclear weapons" mindset, remember the implications for accuracy of the extra altitude at that time. You could make a Valk as accurate as you could, but it will not be as accurate as an A-6. This, of course, has now changed and you will notice "higher, faster" is coming back.

Look at the superfighter juniors. F-14, F-15 (to a lesser extent), some of the russian planes.

The Valkyrie and the F-12 were actually built, so you can't say they were impossible. SAFEGUARD, NIKE, and SPRINT were real as well.

Yup, I was explaining why I didnt use the USAF as an example, the longer flight time and lower yield of ICBM warheads

You know why USAF missiles were lower yield, right? Because they could be more accurate.

It comes down to a couple of political decisions, Kennedy wanted a more significant conventional military force so he could intervene in idiot going nowhere wars. The two are pretty much mutually exclusive. The super-SAC was designed for the idea that "if we declare war, OF COURSE we'll use nuclear weapons" mindset, remember the implications for accuracy of the extra altitude at that time. You could make a Valk as accurate as you could, but it will not be as accurate as an A-6. This, of course, has now changed and you will notice "higher, faster" is coming back.

Look at the superfighter juniors. F-14, F-15 (to a lesser extent), some of the russian planes.

The Valkyrie and the F-12 were actually built, so you can't say they were impossible. SAFEGUARD, NIKE, and SPRINT were real as well.

Stealth seems to be the only reason for higher anymore, the only thing thats faster are the gen 4.5/5 fighters with supercruise, and even then their absolute speed isnt any higher than average, no M3+ F-108/F-12/B-70 wannabes

You know why USAF missiles were lower yield, right? Because they could be more accurate.

Yeah the Trident IIs fixed that, their CEP is the same or smaller than MMIIIs/MXs.

That and there were some design issues IIRC the original Minuteman III warheads were one of the first relatively small/ high yield warheads. Everything before being either huge MT warheads or small low kiloton range tactical weapons

Stealth seems to be the only reason for higher anymore, the only thing thats faster are the gen 4.5/5 fighters with supercruise, and even then their absolute speed isnt any higher than average, no M3+ F-108/F-12/B-70 wannabes

We'll see. Supercruise is a huge advancement on was available before. It'll be interesting to see what the russians build for their new bomber.

Yeah the Trident IIs fixed that, their CEP is the same or smaller than MMIIIs/MXs.

That and there were some design issues IIRC the original Minuteman III warheads were one of the first relatively small/ high yield warheads. Everything before being either huge MT warheads or small low kiloton range tactical weapons

And the Trident II also converted from MRVs that trident used (instead of Polaris's larger warhead) to MIRVs. W88 is 475KT. W78 is 350KT.

My link

Global power grid on Earth has been knocked out including the emergency backups at Starfleet Headquarters. All the evidence points to sabotage and the prime candidates are clearly the Changelings. The power outage means that transporters, sensors and every defense installation on the surface is inactive – which means that the Earth is totally defenseless against a Dominion attack.

I think can safly rule out moon defense base.

My link

Global power grid on Earth has been knocked out including the emergency backups at Starfleet Headquarters. All the evidence points to sabotage and the prime candidates are clearly the Changelings. The power outage means that transporters, sensors and every defense installation on the surface is inactive – which means that the Earth is totally defenseless against a Dominion attack.

I think can safly rule out moon defense base.

Why? All you've proven is that Starfleet doesn't have redundant power grids for military facilities. You keep quoting the same quote, but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Why? All you've proven is that Starfleet doesn't have redundant power grids for military facilities. You keep quoting the same quote, but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Well, to be faire, his link does state that the entire system, including backups, has been sabotaged and rendered useless, so they do seem to have redundancy, but all their key grids have been dealt with...

Well, to be faire, his link does state that the entire system, including backups, has been sabotaged and rendered useless, so they do seem to have redundancy, but all their key grids have been dealt with...

If that's possible, then they deserve to be conquered.

Imagine trying to sabotage the entire NORAD system, and then give it even more depth.

It aslo rule out any defense systom on the Moon. Other wise Earth hardly defense against the Domunlain invasion.

Given how we've never seen the earth defenses fight off anything, the borg, v'ger, whale probe, the breen.

All we can really say is the defenses are poor/ineffective

They delt Breen very effectice the fact none capitil starship able hit Earth main weapons at all. Remember the borg assimlation many starfleet captions it possible were able adapt to the weapon systoms that defend Earth.V,ger take on the Star War univerce all by it self. The Whale probe could easily take on the star wars univerce all by it self.

They delt Breen very effectice the fact none capitil starship able hit Earth main weapons at all. Remember the borg assimlation many starfleet captions it possible were able adapt to the weapon systoms that defend Earth.V,ger take on the Star War univerce all by it self. The Whale probe could easily take on the star wars univerce all by it self.
Doesnt change the fact the defenses were ineffective when they were needed

They were effective when came to deal with Breen. Earth still live able after that attact. There still grass on the ground after Breen attact.Borg easily could known how adapt to Earth ground base defense systoms.

All the other examples you gave me would been able over power all Starships in the Star wars univerce. I hate to put to this way Earth defense very good job compare to any thing in Star War univerce.

Or at least partially inneffective. It's not an all or nothing thing. The Breen caused some damage, but were largely thwarted.

Or at least partially inneffective. It's not an all or nothing thing. The Breen caused some damage, but were largely thwarted.

It is not partially ineffective. It is largely ineffective. Lack of defenses against the other threats shows that.

All the Breen show the Earth defense not good against smell combat shuttlecafts. All the Borg show are that Earth defense are enengy weapon base and Borg Cube adapt even before it get anywere near Earth. The other two examples everthing Star Wars univerce they could not stop them either.

All the Breen show the Earth defense not good against smell combat shuttlecafts. All the Borg show are that Earth defense are enengy weapon base and Borg Cube adapt even before it get anywere near Earth. The other two examples everthing Star Wars univerce they could not stop them either.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. It does not matter. There was no attempt. Why were the starships still fighting? Why didn't the defense systems on Earth fire on the Borg sphere as it was making their time jump? The defense systems are largely useless. They could have at least constantly modulated the phaser frequencies as they fired.

The borg had adalet to Earth defense systoms. They had alreadly try hit that borg cube before hand. Before even USS Enterpise E arrived and had no effect. With how Earth defense delt Breen that thoery make most sense.

The borg had adalet to Earth defense systoms. They had alreadly try hit that borg cube before hand. Before even USS Enterpise E arrived and had no effect. With how Earth defense delt Breen that thoery make most sense.

You are still retarded. Why bother attacking at all? Why did the ships attack the Borg then even though the Borg adapted?

Would you give up a fight against a superior enemy if your life was at stake? I know I wouldn't. Nor would the majority. Only cowards give up. Cowards like you.

Even if each Earth surface defense systems had punch need to destroy Breen captil starship with one hit. That kind punch would destroy Star Destroyer in number of seconds. The Borg can adapt to that kind fire power easily. It possible they already hit the Borg cube three or four times with these kind weapon systems. Also the Borg spare going backwards in time might miss

target by mistake hit USS Enterprise E. USS Enterprise E going after it. They might have now with ground sensors that if the USS Enterprise E destroys the Human race done for.

Why risk friendly fire.

Oh please stop with the lying. You are about as honest as a politician and a used car salesman all rolled up into one.

You have no proof with the one hit kills on the Breen from either the starships or the defense systems. Nor do have any proof that it would destroy ISDs.

They didn't fire because they might miss? Are you saying that the Federation has shoddy tactical systems for planetary defense? Are you for real? Just be happy that I'm no longer a mod or I'd so mess you up.

You are about as useful as a condom to a Nigerian\Kenyan.

Only cowards give up. Cowards like you.

Actually, Enigma. I have to disagree with you there. Jason's hardly a coward. He may be wrong on a lot of things, but he takes all the abuse we can dish out and comes back for seconds. You have to give him that much.

Actually, Enigma. I have to disagree with you there. Jason's hardly a coward. He may be wrong on a lot of things, but he takes all the abuse we can dish out and comes back for seconds. You have to give him that much.

Being a coward and being a numbskull are two different things. Put him in a situation which his life is in jeopardy and see if he's not a coward. He's pretty much admitting that the Feds are cowards. At least those manning the planetary defense systems.