News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What known about Earth Defense systoms

Almost nothing other known about Earth defense other they control by the ground. One space station at least near by Earth orbit might provide some from defense. It effective to be able stop Breen turn Earth into lavo bed.

This a defense weapon might be on Earth. The Verteron array we saw on Star Terk Enterpise. If wish to see evidnce please watch vidie 7 minutes to 7 minutes 37 secounds. Also one Earth us defand it self has weapons like these many time more powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQumkBqRYw&feature=related

Take close look damaget hat weapon can do

This is actually what I was trying to find the other day. Thanks. Since Mars had one of these in the 22nd century, makes it quite plausible that Earth has at some as well, and likely more advanced ones in the 24th century.

You are welcome Tyralak. A longer number of these could explain why Klingon never even try to attact Earth and what destory most Breen fleet. Leaving combat fighters attact Earth bombs. However it likely be many times more powerful.

The only form of defense is from Mars. We can only speculate but as for canon we do not know if Earth has any actual defenses.

This isn't good. You're overlooking, deliberately or not, that the one planetary defense weapon we saw on Mars took a serious whack at the moon. This is 22nd century technology. Perhaps earth does use Mars for planetary defense. Something kept the Breen at bay and only let some minor damage through. Whether or not the defenses are located on Mars may be irrelevant.

This isn't good. You're overlooking, deliberately or not, that the one planetary defense weapon we saw on Mars took a serious whack at the moon. This is 22nd century technology. Perhaps earth does use Mars for planetary defense. Something kept the Breen at bay and only let some minor damage through. Whether or not the defenses are located on Mars may be irrelevant.
Or earth defenses suck and breen weapons are weak there is more than enough evidence to reach this conclusion

What evidence do you have that Breen weapons are weak? I've seen just the opposite.

sanfranciscoattacked2.jpg

SF after breen attack

hiroshima_wideweb__430x323.jpg

Hiroshima after littleboy

nagasaki-002.jpg

Nagasaki after fatman

I don't see what you think this proves. This is what got PAST our defenses, not the totality of Breen firepower.

I don't see what you think this proves. This is what got PAST our defenses, not the totality of Breen firepower.
I dont see any defenses, and last I checked planetary shields are ToS lostech

You are not paying attention. I said that the only the defense is coming from Mars and that Earth itself seemingly has none. Saying that Mars planetary weapon is Earth's defense weapon is truly nonsensical. Besides, all the enemy has to do is attack earth from the other side of the planet in which the weapon cannot target. If I want to defend myself I do not give my weapon to a friend to protect me. I'd use it myself.

Earth has surface base defense.

If wish see evidence watch this video from 9 minutes and 19 seconds to 9 minutes and 23 seconds you will hear them talk Earth Surface base defense.My link

Earth has surface base defense.

If wish see evidence watch this video from 9 minutes and 19 seconds to 9 minutes and 23 seconds you will hear them talk Earth Surface base defense.My link

That was clearly stated. It is hard to argue that they don't exist.

Oh, and Enigma. This is the what, second time you've pulled a Kane StarKiller on us? Come on.

That was clearly stated. It is hard to argue that they don't exist.

How about my arguement that they shouldn't exist?

Why put defenses around Earth when misses will kill millions and if the enemy is in orbit, you really need to be surrendering anyway? The borg are probably the only exception to that in Trek cannon.

Oh, and Enigma. This is the what, second time you've pulled a Kane StarKiller on us? Come on.

A what a what? Are you talking about you saying that perhaps Earth uses Mars for planetary defense. It cannot be an effective weapon if the attackers can hide on the opposite side of Earth and attack with impunity. How is that Kane Starkiller? Also, I dispute that such weapon stil exists in the 24th century as it was never used in the three Borg attacks in the solar system.

As for Jason's link I heard "surface based defense installations" and I concede that point as I haven't watched that ep for years so those four words out of countless hours of episodes, you can see how that would slip my mind. But "surface based defense installations" can mean a variety of things none of them helped when the Borg attacked. It could be planetary phasers, torpedo launchers or most likely a fighter base.

Whatever the defense capability were, it wasn't enough to competently defend the planet.

Earth many will have fighter bases, but that not kind defense systems effect during a black out. Earth planetary defense have be long range in order to be able to deal Breen attack alone. We can safely rule out photon torpedoes launchers because we would have seem them got fire at that Borg cube during Star Trek First Contact. What I suggestion is the most likely weapon system. It can do a lot damage long range fit fact Breen attack and Dominion. possible attack. It can give a pretty power punch being able destroy most starship UFP universe single hit and pouch need even break thought Star Destroyer shields.

Sorry, Enigma. That comment was meant for a different thread where it would have made more sense.

Earth many will have fighter bases, but that not kind defense systems effect during a black out. Earth planetary defense have be long range in order to be able to deal Breen attack alone. We can safely rule out photon torpedoes launchers because we would have seem them got fire at that Borg cube during Star Trek First Contact. What I suggestion is the most likely weapon system. It can do a lot damage long range fit fact Breen attack and Dominion. possible attack. It can give a pretty power punch being able destroy most starship UFP universe single hit and pouch need even break thought Star Destroyer shields.

It was just a suggestion. But if it was a weapon then it would have been used against the Borg, since that did not happen then we can only speculate what it is. It has been intentionally left vague as to what defenses Earth has.

It was just a suggestion. But if it was a weapon then it would have been used against the Borg, since that did not happen then we can only speculate what it is. It has been intentionally left vague as to what defenses Earth has.

Exactly!

What those defenses are/were is left pretty vague, what isn't vague at all is that Earth does have defenses against threats...

Threats like fluffy clouds? Because those defenses failed spectacularly against real attackers. The defenses are paper tigers. All show and has a weak or no bite.

Two things are known about Earth defense one design hit big starships not one man fighters, hit target in very long range. Otherwise how come Earth even had ocean even under the NDF Theory. If Breen fleet capital starship Earth would not have ocean and for that more half planet massive been destoryed. Meaning that all the Breen capital starships most been destory before reach Earth Orbit.

Threats like fluffy clouds? Because those defenses failed spectacularly against real attackers. The defenses are paper tigers. All show and has a weak or no bite.

You mean like the useless theater shields on Hoth that protect from space strikes but cannot keep threatening forces from landing a bit farther off and come in under them?

Like the "supposed" planetary shields around Alderan that failed to protect it against the DS?

You mean that kind of useless? whistle.gif

You see, minimizing damage even if some does get through, and completely failing to protect are two different things...

I'd say since the Earth wasn't a scorching fireball, and SF was beat up but still standing, that they in fact did protect Earth quite adequately... thumbup.gif

To be far the UFP head quator were most like shields other wise Breen fighters would raze the building to ground no problems lack real damage speaks for it self. Was the grass not still green enigma.