News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
classichummus

Favorite Video Game (or series)

What is your favorite video game and/or series? My friends laugh at me constantly over this, but my favorite game series has been the Tony Hawk games. It's mostly because I used to skate (sometimes still do) and I snowboard. I try and play like I would snowboard, so fuck you haters!!! It's all your own opinion. It doesn't matter if your favorite game is WoW, Fallout 3, Spyro the Dragon, or Team Fortress 2. It doesn't matter it's just your opinion. So what is it?

chrono trigger

xenogears

lego series - star wars - batman - indiana jones

assasins creed

lots of games^_

The Legend of Zelda franchise is my personal favorite, no I haven't played every game (or even half for that matter), but each game has its own special thing about it (despite it being part of a formula) that makes me enjoy the entire franchise.

This is true. It's a very creative franchise. I think that's what makes it so popular. Each game is different as well. I think that's what I like about it. It's not just a "Hey, that worked. Let's take the same game, make some new levels and slap a different name on it." type thing.

Dig Dug

Moon Patrol

Ratchet&Clank series

Super Mario series

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy series

Star Ocean series

Super Mario Bros. 3

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>Oh, man. I haven't thought of those first two in ages. I loved Moon Patrol.</div></div>

Yep. First game system I owned was an Atari 2600

Right now my favorite game is Oblivion, but I'm almost finished and I don't think it's worth playing again.  I may play Morrowind again, I never finished it anyway.

I just bought Silent Hill: Homecoming on the way home from work. We'll see how good it is.

I do love the Silent Hill and Ultima series.

Edit: I also love the Fallout series.

I do love the Silent Hill and Ultima series.

I just wish they had more survival horror for the 360. I really love the genre. The PS3 has more Survival Horror games, but I like the 360 better. They need to put out the rest of the Silent Hill series on the 360.

I'm a big fan of KOTOR. Both of them. The second one seemed, I don't know..... unfinished. Fuck, I wish they'd put out some more of those.

I agree entirely with you.

KOTOR 1 was a very fun game, and one you passed the first level, it was a lot less linear.

And talk about fun: you could customize your characters powers, and weapons and armor... Super Kewl!!! happy.gif

KOTOR 2 started well enough, but it also felt unifinished to me (background checks on the game's devellopment says that the programmers had to rush it out, so the HK droid angle, and the ending itself were left as they were, even though there was supposed to be a lot more play on these angles)... angry.gif

The next KOTOR is supposed to be an online game, life SW Galaxies.

I hate online games, where you must not have a life in order to progress and keep up with the other players who have no life... wacko.gif

I much prefer games where you can play at your own pace, and keep progressing enough to have fun, just like the first two games... afro.gif

The next KOTOR is supposed to be an online game, life SW Galaxies.

I hate online games, where you must not have a life in order to progress and keep up with the other players who have no life... wacko.gif

I much prefer games where you can play at your own pace, and keep progressing enough to have fun, just like the first two games... afro.gif

You could just play a free to play MMO, Guild Wars for example.

You could just play a free to play MMO, Guild Wars for example.

I suppose you meant "pay a fee", and not "play a free"? laugh.gif

But still, paying again, month after month, after you've also bought the game, would be like buying a DVD, and then needing to pay every month in order to watch it again...

Not interested, but thanks for the suggestion anyways... smile.gif

I'm kind of an old-fashioned gamer (some people would even stop at "old" biggrin.gif ), so I prefer to play on my console, under my terms...

Or you could just play my MMO's which don't cost anything unless you want the subscription packages ^^

I suppose you meant "pay a fee", and not "play a free"? laugh.gif

But still, paying again, month after month, after you've also bought the game, would be like buying a DVD, and then needing to pay every month in order to watch it again...

Not interested, but thanks for the suggestion anyways... smile.gif

I'm kind of an old-fashioned gamer (some people would even stop at "old" biggrin.gif ), so I prefer to play on my console, under my terms...

No, I meant, buy the game and not have to pay a subscription fee every month. What you suggested was the complete opposite of what I said.

Or you could just play my MMO's which don't cost anything unless you want the subscription packages ^^

We should link some of them here.

No, I meant, buy the game and not have to pay a subscription fee every month. What you suggested was the complete opposite of what I said.

I'm missing something here then, because I was under the impression that for these types of games, for example SW Galaxies, you needed to pay every month after you had bought the game in order to continue playing...

That's not the case? huh.gif

We should link some of them here.

On october 9th sure when the 2d is released tongue.gif

I'm missing something here then, because I was under the impression that for these types of games, for example SW Galaxies, you needed to pay every month after you had bought the game in order to continue playing...

That's not the case? huh.gif

Some games for example Guild Wars, after you buy it you do not need to pay a monthly fee. Unless you know someone that runs an EMU server which then you don't have to pay for jack diddly squat ^^