News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!

nuSuperman came out today. Any'all see it?

Post your reviews here, SPOIL if you want, but give a heads up about that first.

:spock:

We plan on seeing it at the local drive in tomorrow night. I can't wait.

• Like 1

Tyralak, on 15 Jun 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:We plan on seeing it at the local drive in tomorrow night. I can't wait.

B) I'm glad drive-ins are still around.

Have fun! :thumbup:

I saw it about 10 hours ago. Holy fucking genre-swap Batman! When did Superman become a dark, gritty, sci-fi flick?

You know what? Fuck it, don't answer that question. I don't even care. FUCKING AWESOME. 

• Like 1

I saw it about 10 hours ago. Holy fucking genre-swap Batman! When did Superman become a dark, gritty, sci-fi flick?

You know what? Fuck it, don't answer that question. I don't even care. FUCKING AWESOME. 

Its always been sci-fi, just not gritty. I loved it.

Tyralak, on 15 Jun 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:We plan on seeing it at the local drive in tomorrow night. I can't wait.

B) I'm glad drive-ins are still around.

Have fun! :thumbup:

We have some awesome drive-ins here. They're cheap, and they let you bring in your own food.

Its always been sci-fi, just not gritty. I loved it.

True, it's just that the sci-fi elements were always more downplayed.  This took the Superman mythos, and made the sci-fi elements more prominent.

Frankly, I loved Man of Steel.  When someone got hit, you felt them get hit, as opposed to, say, The Avengers.  And the fact that Superman was fighting other Kryptonians made the fights more believable then if he hadn't been.  

Also, I liked the "Lexcorp" truck that we see in it, a nice little gag showing that maybe Superman's arch-enemy will show up in the sequel.

So for me, my summer films have been Star Trek Into DarknessMan of Steel, and Pacific Rim.  Summer 2013 is the Summer of Sci-Fi.

• Like 1

Star Trek Into Arseness, Man of Steel Balls and Pacific Rimjob?

Saw it in 3-D, and man, was it awesome!

I loved the flashbacks, loved the two different views of his abilities his two different fathers shared, and most of all, LOVED the fight scenes and the speed blitzing Kryptonians... :)

• Like 2

*spits out drink*

Holy Crap!  Praeothmin's returned!

Only in a rerun :p ...

I'll only be here sporadically, 'cause I still can't access the site from my job... :mad:

Well, it's good to have you back, anyway, even if it's only sporadic.

Also, I liked how they made Zod sympathetic, instead of just pure evil.  Makes him more believable as a character.  Granted, Complete Monsters can work, but I still like the fact that he wasn't doing what he was doing just to be evil, but to give his species a future.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Michael Shannon as Zod, but in the end, I think he nailed it, just like Henry Cavill was spot on, IMO, as a darker, more conflicted Clark Kent/Kal El...

Only in a rerun :p ...

I'll only be here sporadically, 'cause I still can't access the site from my job... :mad:

Bastards.