News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

ICS pretty much dead.

Excellent find. I'm looking forward to the displays of mental gymnastics that are sure to come from Warsies trying to tap dance around this one. Oh, and I'm moving this to the VS section. biggrin.png

But it does show the Empire, at least at the time of the Clone Wars, did have triple digit MT weapons...

But it also puts one of the final nails in the coffin of the ICS stats.

But it does show the Empire, at least at the time of the Clone Wars, did have triple digit MT weapons...

I never had any doubt of this. 100 MT for a high end weapon sounds about right. Which implies that their average ship weaponry was significantly less powerful. I do talk to Curtis on FB sometimes. I'm curious what he thinks of this. I haven't brought it up yet though.

Khas, the ICS has been dead for a long time, and was only still supported by Wankers, or people who had no clue what the numbers meant...

Ty, did you ever ask Saxton why he wanked SW like that in the ICS, where the hell he got those absurd numbers?

Oh, I know. It's just that now we have an exact yield quote that removes even more of its validity. Assuming it had any to begin with.

Not that it had much validity in the first place (12000kph in-atmosphere speeds for fighters anyone?), but this incident....doesn't really show much other then the fact that a 100MT explosion is still very much a big deal when it comes to ground warfare. There's nothing to indicate that these missiles would be much of a threat to warships at all. It's like pointing at the photon grenade from TOS and saying 'hurr hurr ST weaponz is teh weaksauce!!1!'.

Depends on which parts. A lot of the numbers are pretty out-to-lunch, but as far as I know, most of the technical details have never been contradicted by anything else.

Not that it had much validity in the first place (12000kph in-atmosphere speeds for fighters anyone?), but this incident....doesn't really show much other then the fact that a 100MT explosion is still very much a big deal when it comes to ground warfare. There's nothing to indicate that these missiles would be much of a threat to warships at all. It's like pointing at the photon grenade from TOS and saying 'hurr hurr ST weaponz is teh weaksauce!!1!'.

Looks like the clip was deleted from YouTube. I'll try to find another one. But IIRC, the discussion wasn't about ground warfare, it was referring specifically to the long range missles being a threat to their ships.

Ah, I thought you were referring to that other one that mentioned 100mt long range missiles being used at one point (good lord the retardation that debate spawned on SB.....).

Okay so it is the clip I was thinking of. In that case my previous point stands. 100MT can indeed still blow up clones in a 12km radius or so. I don't believe they're specifically mentioned as any sort of threat to warships.

Also, "I don't want to waste clones on frivolous adventures" coming from the guy who was going to march his troops into fucking nukes???

Is there any clips with good captioning or at least a script of that ep?

I'll look for some. However, it is an interesting episode on many levels. One angle I just thought of, is the issue of context. This is the exact same debate when we talk about TDiC, and how many deniers of TDiC can't seem to understand the idea of context. These missiles are described as having 100 MT yield. However, in this clip starting at 5:54 we see some of these missiles impact. The visuals don't show anything close to a 100 MT explosion. However, let's examine the CONTEXT. The person making the comment was an experienced Clone Trooper who was very well educated in warfare. In fact, that's what they were bred for. The way he stated the capabilities of the missiles had no indication of hyperbole. Also, he was not contradicted by the other clones who he was talking to. This may sound like I'm arguing on the Wars side, insisting on a yield that the visuals don't APPEAR to support, but I'm actually arguing on the side of intellectual honesty. I'm a big supporter of common sense and context. Both of which support the dialogue in this case.

How do you know it was 'those missiles'? 'Long range missiles' is a pretty fucking vague term, right up there with 'bomb' and 'bullet'.

Hmm 100 megaton ground missiles sounds in line with othe ICS ground weapons

Yeah, after I realized this was talking about ground missles, it wasn't as big of a deal.

Although, the fact that they were long-range would imply that they're more powerful than an average missile's yield, in other words, high-yield weapons that the Umbarans don't want going off anywhere near the capital.

On a different note, one episode of TCW shows that interplanetary sensors are actually radar.

Although, the fact that they were long-range would imply that they're more powerful than an average missile's yield, in other words, high-yield weapons that the Umbarans don't want going off anywhere near the capital.

On a different note, one episode of TCW shows that interplanetary sensors are actually radar.

Doesn't that show also have At-St's capable of bringing down ships? Like capital ships that had entered the atmosphere to make strafing runs. IIRC it was a frigate. The show is complete bullshit. I hate it, and I fucking despise Lucas for making it. I've considered hiring an assassin at certain points.