News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Praeothmin

Why SW has no chance in hell vs ST...

I really wish that thread wasn't locked. I would love to have ripped him a new asshole.

We already did, though there's a part I,II,II, and IV if you're interested (although the 'discussion' is currently lightyears away from that).

Not to say that you're wrong, but this is particularly hilarious coming from you.

I could say same for you. But regardless of who of us is right here, it is true that most people on both sides come with predetermined result, based on which they like more.

I could say same for you.

Spare me. I wasn't the one coming down from on high to deliver a sermon on how biased everyone else is.

Last time I checked, I wasn't the one trying to pull shit like saying Lucasfilm's canon policy is wrong.

I must have missed this one. How did this go?

Damnit! I'm fairly active on spacebattles and I straight missed that one......Oh well.......

I must have missed this one. How did this go?

I seem to remember him buggering off shortly after, but I'll have to find the thread. There's a lot of SW vs. ST threads on SB right now.

Last time I checked, I wasn't the one trying to pull shit like saying Lucasfilm's canon policy is wrong.

Last time I checked, Lucas owned Lucasfilm, not the opposite.

Lucas owns Lucasfilm, as well as Star Wars lincense. If he says they're wrong, they're wrong.

Lucas owns Lucasfilm, as well as Star Wars lincense. If he says they're wrong, they're wrong.

Fill me in. What exactly did George say he disagreed with?

So Chee, the guy in charge of Starwars canon, is lying about canon? Boy, better hope nobody else at Lucasarts ever reads his interviews! Or interviews from anybody else from Lucas Licensing!

Star Wars canon is more confusing than your average Jason post or Peter Chimaera story. On the one hand, we have Leland Chee, creating the Star Wars canon structure. On the other, we have statements from Lucas saying that the EU is a parallel universe. To say it's a mess would be an... understatement, to say the least.

I think it's more likely that Lucas is merely musing about his personal ideas. Otherwise what the fuck is Lucas Licensing even doing?

So Chee, the guy in charge of Starwars canon, is lying about canon? Boy, better hope nobody else at Lucasarts ever reads his interviews! Or interviews from anybody else from Lucas Licensing!

Well, to be completely accurate, Chee works for George, and George has direct creative control of TCW. In all reality, The current version of the films (Blu-Ray) is the gold standard, and TCW is the next closest thing as far as canon goes. George does what he wants with his franchise, as we saw with Ryloth. What some EU authors envisioned Ryloth as isn't what George envisioned, so we see a drastically different Ryloth in TCW than we did in the EU.

Well yes of course, but the point is that Chee isn't just making shit up and lying to everybody, otherwise he wouldn't exactly be in charge anymore would he?

I think it's more likely that Lucas is merely musing about his personal ideas. Otherwise what the fuck is Lucas Licensing even doing?

Give them titles instead of pay raise.

Alright, so what if Lucas gave him a shit job? It's still his job, and that would be to organize Starwars canon in collaboration with a ton of other people. The only way your theory could possibly work is if there was a large conspiracy at Lucas Licensing or something, which in the real world is quite retarded.

To jump into this thread for no reason... two things that make ST win ultimately.

the-picard-maneuver-72357.jpg?1181934148Picard Maneuver

and of course this -

vadergetsit.gif

Debate over. smile.png

That's because Vader wouldn't accept the horrific beating Picard gave him here:star-wars-poker-590x442.jpg

After that....things escalated....

Meh no one cares about kirk though.

Hah! That is funny. It also gives credence to you being in a drug filled fantasy. smile.png

Vader > Kirk > Sisko > Picard > Archer > Janeway. smile.png