News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

A thoery Admiral Riker get his Enterpise D after starbird part get destory

Hotlink FAIL.

Jason FAIL!!!!! tongue.gif

Even though these ships were not made to land, if they were able to survive inside the gravity wells of gas giants, and stars, then they more then likely could fly inside Earths atmosphere without any problems...

I'm not talking about *FLYING* in an atmosphere, but staying put while inside one. As far as we know only those with landing thrusters can do so as it enables the starship to stay in one place in order to land. In the case of towing a ship that has crashed on a planet, the starship with landing capabilities would be able to stay put with its landing thrusters and carefully pull the ship out.

I really don't see why ships that can remain immobile in a sun's outer shell, or in a Gas giant's atmospshere would have any problems doing the same thing in any class-m planet's atmosphere...

I really don't see why ships that can remain immobile in a sun's outer shell, or in a Gas giant's atmospshere would have any problems doing the same thing in any class-m planet's atmosphere...

Can you tell me where that has happened? I do not recall that happening..... question.gif

It was in "Descent, Pt. II", that the E-D hid from the Borg in a star's corona. And the corona is much, much hotter than the star's surface. At least 3000 times as hot. The temperature of the sun's surface is about 6000 degrees Celsius. The Corona is about 20 million degrees Celsius.

Although in this case, the most relevent information is the pressure found there, and the fact that ships capable of standing that pressure will have no problem resisting to Earth's gravity and would not cumble on themselves.

In ENT, the NX was stuck in a Gas giant at one point, and didn't crumble.

In DS9, the Defiant went deep into a Gas giant's atmosphere to evade Jem' Hadar, and was not crushed by the pressure...

It was in "Descent, Pt. II", that the E-D hid from the Borg in a star's corona. And the corona is much, much hotter than the star's surface. At least 3000 times as hot. The temperature of the sun's surface is about 6000 degrees Celsius. The Corona is about 20 million degrees Celsius.

Did they stay put and not move at all or did they keep moving while still in the star's corona?

Although in this case, the most relevent information is the pressure found there, and the fact that ships capable of standing that pressure will have no problem resisting to Earth's gravity and would not cumble on themselves.

In ENT, the NX was stuck in a Gas giant at one point, and didn't crumble.

In DS9, the Defiant went deep into a Gas giant's atmosphere to evade Jem' Hadar, and was not crushed by the pressure...

The point is whether those ships can stay still while in a planet's atmosphere. Ship classes like the Intrepid and the Defiant can because you need to stay still or else you'd defeat the purpose of towing the target if you shear off chunks of it while in motion. Remember from the MA link about the tractor beam. The ship doing the towing and the target must match velocities or else one or both ships would sustain damage.

I'm not arguing whether the ships can withstand atmospheric pressures or extreme temperatures.

It was the E-D, and they stayed put, they were waiting for the Borg to move off, but the Borg wouldn't...

Ya guys do realize that staying put is relative when above ground and in space right? tongue.gif

Ya guys do realize that staying put is relative when above ground and in space right? tongue.gif

It's relative on the ground too.

And I made that same point earlier in the thread and I was ignored. I think they've gone so far off the deep end that they aren't interacting with anyone but the other combatant.

Two immortals, locked in eternal combat.

<Cue Pirates of the Carribean Movie Theme>

And I made that same point earlier in the thread and I was ignored. I think they've gone so far off the deep end that they aren't interacting with anyone but the other combatant.

Hehehe. Yeaaahh good call on theme music XD

Sorry. I actually meant to reply to that post. You are absolutely correct.

Will at least thoery possible so after see future two time-lines I think likely what happen all guy will disagree me this one. Unless someone here show hard core cannon evidence that Admiral Riker did not do this I believe he did.

Will at least thoery possible so after see future two time-lines I think likely what happen all guy will disagree me this one. Unless someone here show hard core cannon evidence that Admiral Riker did not do this I believe he did.

I totally agree...I believe thats what happened too....

....just kidding....you're batshit insane...

The past and future were alternate timelines and not the original. Therefore the future E-D might never had been destroyed and if you paid attention to the episode, Riker stated that the ship was to be decommissioned, hence it led a long life with no mention of half of it being destroyed.

Now, watch as Jason says something along the lines of:

Not true if want see evidence watch smell vidoe of toropode maek smell problem Kiligon Bird prey bust up top.

The past and future were alternate timelines and not the original. Therefore the future E-D might never had been destroyed and if you paid attention to the episode, Riker stated that the ship was to be decommissioned, hence it led a long life with no mention of half of it being destroyed.

Riker statement make my statement make even more sense. Think about if UFP go left source section that crash landed it unlikely be best of shape. Take damage star-drive had lost source section in battle. After that war over it very possible UFP think retiring the USS Enterprise D source section.

Do you know what decommission means? Here's a definition from thefreedictionary.com,

"de·com·mis·sion (demacr.giflprime.gifkschwa.gif-mibreve.gifshprime.gifschwa.gifn)

tr.v. de·com·mis·sioned, de·com·mis·sion·ing, de·com·mis·sions

To withdraw (a ship, for example) from active service."

In other words, the future E-D was about to be withdrawn from active service, ergo the ship was still in working order and was at the end of it's usefulness. Riker would not have said he saved the ship from decommissioning if the saucer section was rusting away by the time he became Admiral. Dumbass.

Do you know what decommission means? Here's a definition from thefreedictionary.com,

"de·com·mis·sion (demacr.giflprime.gifkschwa.gif-mibreve.gifshprime.gifschwa.gifn)

In other words, the future E-D was about to be withdrawn from active service, ergo the ship was still in working order and was at the end of it's usefulness. Riker would not have said he saved the ship from decommissioning if the saucer section was rusting away by the time he became Admiral. Dumbass.

So many starship UFP l diescommison after Dominion war that were made piece of starship quick throw together. They still able do missions still been able go at warp speed and portal territory but no means as effective starship build not scraped parts. The UFP likely put them mothball to.

But not the E-D, at least not in the main timeline. Admiral Riker was in an alternate timeline where the E-D was in service for over twenty years! Riker took it and had it overhauled.

You have to realize that All Good Things happened before Generations was filmed, so in All Good Things, the E-D was never destroyed.

Also in Star Terk online misson hide and sneak they talk USS Enterpise D having trouble scan that nebule. That more evdicne back my claim show war with specail 8472 force UFP get every starship operation and running in could USS Enterpise D source section.

So, could we use the word in the following sentence:

"Jason decommissioned his brain before joining online debates in order to be much better!"... smile.png