News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

A thoery Admiral Riker get his Enterpise D after starbird part get destory

Or, how about Jason is a clueless twit who has no idea what he's talking about?

That's a given. He also doesn't have a clue about anything. He interprets any information gathered by his senses to be completely different. smile.gif

But if the saucer is that weak to need that, do you really want to use it? Or would it just be easier to send a work crew to dismantle the saucer section for reclamation and chop up the rest for recycling.

In practice not weak enough if wish see evidence watch video form 8 minute and 47 seconds to about 9 minute and 27 seconds. While

Take look Enterpise her self after she crashed while possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35brUCRkgIk&feature=related

Pircord did say USS Enterprise her self can not savagery at least technology resource the UFP will to send do job at the time.

However UFP do during peace times when for either to give tour Galaxy class starship source section after Domimion war the UFP might will do it.

JASON! THE GXS E-D WAS FROM A PARALELL UNIVERSE! HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT?huh.gif?

In practice not weak enough if wish see evidence watch video form 8 minute and 47 seconds to about 9 minute and 27 seconds. While

Take look Enterpise her self after she crashed while possible

Pircord did say USS Enterprise her self can not savagery at least technology resource the UFP will to send do job at the time.

However UFP do during peace times when for either to give tour Galaxy class starship source section after Domimion war the UFP might will do it.

Get it through your head! Even Picard agreed that it was not salvageable and he's a starship and you're a walking shitstain.

Oh and by the way, I agree with the video.

Yes that because they could not use transporters just beam out have some other way using technology to get the job done at that time. Pricord statement has to do what had time technology and possible resources. UFP had Transwarp beaming by some time before 2387 however seem that kind transwarp during Star Terk Nemesis. It seem possible Riker done space station some time after Nemesis or some historical group.

Yes that because they could not use transporters just beam out have some other way using technology to get the job done at that time. Pricord statement has to do what had time technology and possible resources. UFP had Transwarp beaming by some time before 2387 however seem that kind transwarp during Star Terk Nemesis. It seem possible Riker done space station some time after Nemesis or some historical group.

That means absolutely nothing. Much like you.

That means absolutely nothing. Much like you.

In practice UFP might have will a starbase beam source section off planet. After all some those UFP starbase can fit Galaxy class starship like a Galaxy class starship fit shuttlecafts into them. I can think number reason UFP have star base build with that able.

In practice UFP might have will a starbase beam source section off planet. After all some those UFP starbase can fit Galaxy class starship like a Galaxy class starship fit shuttlecafts into them. I can think number reason UFP have star base build with that able.

Again, a whole lotta nothing.

Another interest way starbase get source section just making artificial worn hole beam thought that instead. UFP already make microscope worn-hole during 2377. It is likely few decades of that work the UFP that kind technology.

Jason, you still haven't yet explained WHY they would do any of that? I've already told you how to get it off the planet. Tractor it out, and tow it back to spacedock. It's not difficult.

Jason, you still haven't yet explained WHY they would do any of that? I've already told you how to get it off the planet. Tractor it out, and tow it back to spacedock. It's not difficult.

In USS Enterprise D source section make fine museum piece for follow reason first only Galaxy class source section could put into Museum for fact all other Galaxy class still uses or were complete destroyed .Second USS Enterprise D first starship to do voyage to another GalaxyMy link USS enterprise D first to pieced together final research to decipher a message from the ancient humanoids, first make another life form. Lot great finding done USS Enterprise D even medical break thought will.

No, you misunderstand me. I know why you'd want to retrieve the saucer, what I was asking is why you're wanting to go about it this way? You're proposing the most outlandish, complicated methods for retrieving the saucer. It's very simple how to do it. You use a tractor beam from orbit and tow it to spacedock. You don't need to do any of the crazy things you've proposed.

No, you misunderstand me. I know why you'd want to retrieve the saucer, what I was asking is why you're wanting to go about it this way? You're proposing the most outlandish, complicated methods for retrieving the saucer. It's very simple how to do it. You use a tractor beam from orbit and tow it to spacedock. You don't need to do any of the crazy things you've proposed.

I've also replied as to why that also isn't really feasible. Especially if the saucer's support structure is compromised. The only economically feasible thing to do is reclamation and recycling.

Enigma seem make why tractor beam might work unless longer number force field and good deal hole source section.

Brick lumpy wumbo party toilet RayCav socks dolphin balloon road miser whistle.

That's what that post was like.

I've also replied as to why that also isn't really feasible. Especially if the saucer's support structure is compromised. The only economically feasible thing to do is reclamation and recycling.

No, tractor beams have been used in all kinds of ways. There's no proof that it would have any problem lifting it into orbit. In fact, Memory Alpha proves me correct.

If a vessel's tractor beam is strong enough, its graviton field can reinforce the structural integrity of a target vessel, keeping its hull from succumbing to stresses normally exhibited by a tractor field. (DS9: "Captive Pursuit")

Enigma seem make why tractor beam might work unless longer number force field and good deal hole source section.

Tractor beam is fine but there are complications that may arise that have never been addressed in the series.

1) Would the tractor beam work from orbit? We've never seen AFAIK, a ship from orbit pulling something up from a planet into space.

2) Can a tractor beam penetrate a planet's atmosphere?

3) Let's say that the starship had to enter the atmosphere to lock on a tractor beam to the saucer section. Could the starship in question stay still as it removes the saucer section? Or does it have to keep moving as to prevent it from crashing? If it has to keep mobile, it would not be able to safely tractor the saucer for a couple of reasons, first, the saucer section is heavy and it isn't like tractoring an object in space. Trying to pick it up while moving could cause damage to the starship and even make it lose control and crash. (Imagine tying a rope around an object half your weight and you're holding the other end now try to pull the object as you are running. Easy to dislodge it right? No, you'll be yanked back and possibly fall on your ass. Second reason would be that even if the starship could tractor it as it move, you'd be first dragging it on the ground before being able to lift it up. Who knows what the saucer will be crashing into as it is being lifted up. Afterward, the ship would have to pump energy to kill off the saucer's momentum.

4) If the saucer section sustained damage to it's support structure (face it, they crashed without Structural Integrity Fields, so the saucer section absorbed 100% of the impact.), lifting it up and dragging it up into space could damage it even more. Just because it looked fine on the outside doesn't mean it didn't receive structural damage. I know it isn't canon but one of William Shatner's ST novels mentioned that the saucer section was barely able to support its own weight.

Cheapest way would be to reclaim and recycle the saucer or just let the planet's flora grow over it.

Tractor beam is fine but there are complications that may arise that have never been addressed in the series.

1) Would the tractor beam work from orbit? We've never seen AFAIK, a ship from orbit pulling something up from a planet into space.

2) Can a tractor beam penetrate a planet's atmosphere?

3) Let's say that the starship had to enter the atmosphere to lock on a tractor beam to the saucer section. Could the starship in question stay still as it removes the saucer section? Or does it have to keep moving as to prevent it from crashing? If it has to keep mobile, it would not be able to safely tractor the saucer for a couple of reasons, first, the saucer section is heavy and it isn't like tractoring an object in space. Trying to pick it up while moving could cause damage to the starship and even make it lose control and crash. (Imagine tying a rope around an object half your weight and you're holding the other end now try to pull the object as you are running. Easy to dislodge it right? No, you'll be yanked back and possibly fall on your ass. Second reason would be that even if the starship could tractor it as it move, you'd be first dragging it on the ground before being able to lift it up. Who knows what the saucer will be crashing into as it is being lifted up. Afterward, the ship would have to pump energy to kill off the saucer's momentum.

4) If the saucer section sustained damage to it's support structure (face it, they crashed without Structural Integrity Fields, so the saucer section absorbed 100% of the impact.), lifting it up and dragging it up into space could damage it even more. Just because it looked fine on the outside doesn't mean it didn't receive structural damage. I know it isn't canon but one of William Shatner's ST novels mentioned that the saucer section was barely able to support its own weight.

Cheapest way would be to reclaim and recycle the saucer or just let the planet's flora grow over it.

If shuttlecaft land on top of it that near to impossible.

If shuttlecaft land on top of it that near to impossible.

What the fuck are you talking about?

What the fuck are you talking about?

He just told you:

"Near to impossible!"

What's so hard to understand?

tongue.gif

Don't be insipid, Enigma. Tractor beams have been shown to be one of the most versatile pieces of tech on the Star Trek universe. They've been shown to tow entire ships at warp, and specially modified ones were able to move stellar fragments. (TNG: "The Naked Now") I already posted the Memory Alpha quote from DS9: "Captive Pursuit" which showed that tractor beams can stabilize the structure of the object being towed. Your line of reasoning is akin to saying a protocol droid like C3-P0 couldn't figure out French, because French isn't a known language in the Wars universe.

He just told you:

"Near to impossible!"

What's so hard to understand?

tongue.gif

No, I was wondering what the fuck was he talking about when he mentioned shuttlecraft. I didn't mention anything about it and suddenly boom he goes off spouting gibberish.

Don't be insipid, Enigma. Tractor beams have been shown to be one of the most versatile pieces of tech on the Star Trek universe. They've been shown to tow entire ships at warp, and specially modified ones were able to move stellar fragments. (TNG: "The Naked Now") I already posted the Memory Alpha quote from DS9: "Captive Pursuit" which showed that tractor beams can stabilize the structure of the object being towed. Your line of reasoning is akin to saying a protocol droid like C3-P0 couldn't figure out French, because French isn't a known language in the Wars universe.

Damn, you're dense. All that took place where? In outer fucking space. The crew doesn't have to worry about keeping itself in one spot while it tractors an object. We never see at any time a starship tractoring an object through the atmosphere. I'm not saying it can't happen but there is no proof to date that they could. We've also never seen a ship staying in one place inside a planet's atmosphere. We always see it in motion whether it is flying or landing\taking off.

What you are spouting shit that I already know. At every time, the E-D is stopped before it tractors an object before moving again. Do we ever see the E-D lock on its tractor beam on a ship while at warp or even at impulse? No. Hell doing so would most likely at minimum rip the tractor beam emitter off the ship and at worst the ship would be severely damaged if not destroy it.

Pay attention next time. I was not talking about tractoring an object in space but if there were possible complications to tractoring the saucer to space from the planet. What I posted were "what ifs" because we do not know if a starship could those things because it has never been shown to do it. For all we know, the atmosphere could disrupt\interfere\deflect the beam from locking on to the target on the planet below. When we see the beam in action, there were nothing between it and the target.

Enigma, how many times do you intend to change the parameters of this debate?

Also, there is no evidence that a ship could not engage a tractor beam while in motion. Yes, they are almost always used while stationary, but the reason for that she be obvious. Easier to lock on to an object while stationary. Less to compensate for. There may be a smaller likelihood of achieving a lock, but I fail to see how it would be impossible to use while in motion.

Yes, they are almost always used while stationary

Stationary is a relative concept. Literally.

As much as I think this is a moronic topic, my gripes with it have nothing to do with using tractor beams in an atmosphere. Jason just wants the Galaxy-X to exist for some reason.