News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
GhanjRho

Jedi or Space Marine?

Jedi or Space Marine?  

1. 1. Jedi or Space Marine?

This is a repost of a topic I had okn Spacebattles and StarfleetJedi.

You are an aspiring galactic sovereign. You must choose to build an army around a Codex-compliant Chapter of WH40K Space Marines, or 1000 Jedi

I'm going to say Jedi, since my knowledge of the WH40K universe is sparse. Oh, and welcome to ASVS. thumbsup.gif

Depending on what weapons the Space Marines get, it can go from SM victory to Jedi victory. I doubt the Jedis can deflect multi meltas with their lightsabers. smile.gif

Space Marine, definitely.

I'll take the Jedi and have them start working on some of the less well known and more arcane Force abilities. Like energy absorption and dissipation, as well as redirection and expulsion. All movie canon Force powers, btw.

We would also work on Force shields and barriers, which should definitely be possible, given the level of TK some are shown to use in the movies. Would just need to tweak it a bit. Also, Force Winds will be useful. Another canon power, btw.

You know, I think I have a good thread in mind. Don't feel like posting now, but will definitely do so later.

Build your own Jedi.

It first depend type train Jedi knight has or what space marine type space marine. We seen Jedi knight while many two light saber at time. It possible some us as many four light sabers. The type training the Jedi knight has in force also have do outcome of battle. Last but not least were he is fighting.Some booty hunters could kill some Jedi knight not other. Some Jedi knight fight off entire army of clone troopers. No one Space marine that much more powerful enter army clone troopers.

I'll take the Jedi and have them start working on some of the less well known and more arcane Force abilities. Like energy absorption and dissipation, as well as redirection and expulsion. All movie canon Force powers, btw.

We would also work on Force shields and barriers, which should definitely be possible, given the level of TK some are shown to use in the movies. Would just need to tweak it a bit. Also, Force Winds will be useful. Another canon power, btw.

You know, I think I have a good thread in mind. Don't feel like posting now, but will definitely do so later.

Build your own Jedi.

Space Marine Armoury

Check that link out on what the Space Marines can wield. I think they can fare fairly well against the Jedi. I mean, the Jedis managed to die against the battle droids. How are they going to survive being flash-vaporized by a melt-gun. smile.gif

If the scenario starts out that they are several miles away from each other when the fight starts, then you'll see plenty Jedis dying from the SM's long ranged weapons, but if the battle ends up close then the Jedis have a chance.

Mind you, if this was 1K SMs against an equal amount of Siths then the Siths would have a much better chance of winning. That is if they don't kill each other off. smile.gif

Some booty hunters...

Booty hunters.... Guys who go after girls with hot asses?