News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Domimon vrs Star War Empire

They use the term miniature star suggestion Hydrogen fusion. Since that kind fusion happen star .

Then again, they could be using CNO fusion.

Ionization reactors

Here it says that ionization reactors like the one I linked earlier is some sort of fancy form of getting solar energy.

Right, these "reactors" are able to obtain "fuel" from solar energy.

Then they are most likely stored in great big capacitors, so in other words, ISDs run on batteries... tongue.gif

The DS, however, does not use the type of reactors, and has a weekly power output of several main type stars, which means fusion...

Look, nobody in his right mind will argue that the DS doesn't generate huge amounts of power...

What are we arguing about again?

Although it would have to be the size of a star if it was to have that output and run on fusion. Hypermatter makes a fuckton more sense.

Well, perhaps Hypermatter is like the Ãœber-AM used in ST, so that for the size of a "small" moon, you get a hellaciously strong BANG...

But it pretty much implies it:

Right, and "instant sunshine" means that a nuke operates by the same principles as a star.

Let's leave aside the fact that fusion as it is used in power generation circles and used in astronomy circles are not really the same thing, and that a star can burn a hell of a lot more than just deuterium.

I expect better from this place - well, except for Jason.

Right, and "instant sunshine" means that a nuke operates by the same principles as a star.

Let's leave aside the fact that fusion as it is used in power generation circles and used in astronomy circles are not really the same thing, and that a star can burn a hell of a lot more than just deuterium.

I expect better from this place - well, except for Jason.

So basically, if we ignore quotes like "propelled past the retreating ships by the liberated energy of a small artificial sun", then we can rule out fusion...

Ok... smile.gif

Honestly, I don't care whether it really is fusion (but the quotes from the ANH novel still imply it), or if Hypermatter is some sort of Ãœber particle generating power like nothing ever seen.

It doesn't matter, because the DS will always result in:

Fires at planet, planet goes BOOM - Shunted in Hyperspace - RE-BOOM...

Oh, it had planetary shields? So what??

And the Dominion, as seen in DS9, vs the Empire at the time of ANH doesn't end well for the Dominion, which was the original intent of this thread... tongue.gif

So in Praeothmin's words:

Dominion laser.gif Empire

Wait, which season of DS9 are we talkin' about here? 'cause Season 2 Dominion was a lot less militarized then Season 7 Dominion, and that might change up the situation.

I really don't see how that helps.

The war may be bloodier, and the shape-shifters may use their ability to leave the fight and live, hiding among SW people, but the Dominion gets destroyed.

Of course, this war is so costly to the Empire that the Rebels have a great time after that, but that's not the main point of this thread...

So in Praeothmin's words:

Dominion laser.gif Empire

Wait, which season of DS9 are we talkin' about here? 'cause Season 2 Dominion was a lot less militarized then Season 7 Dominion, and that might change up the situation.

The Dominion Gamma Quadrant way must likely out number heavily. Less a year Dominion build at least 5 maybe more. Because this happen in Dominion territory were none shipyard damage after maybe few month diplomats has fail. The Empire could facing in millions.

Blah blah bloo flibbity floppity poo. Domimons would lose to an evolved Super Mega Digi-Empire with its Flame Sword and Force Choke Blue Balls attacks!

So basically, if we ignore quotes like "propelled past the retreating ships by the liberated energy of a small artificial sun", then we can rule out fusion...

Ok... smile.gif

Fine, but what is that sun burning? Helium, Hydrogen, Carbon, god forbid... HYPERMATTER?

Fine, but what is that sun burning? Helium, Hydrogen, Carbon, god forbid... HYPERMATTER?

Well, to get that big of a bang from the size of it's core, it has to burn something we don't know in modern physics.

The DS novel tells us it's a Hypermatter reactor, and the ANH novel implies fusion, and since we know fuck-all about Hypermatter, then why not?

Well, to get that big of a bang from the size of it's core, it has to burn something we don't know in modern physics.

The DS novel tells us it's a Hypermatter reactor, and the ANH novel implies fusion, and since we know fuck-all about Hypermatter, then why not?

That was kinda my point. Implying stellar type fusion doesn't mean burning deuterium the way most modern power generation discussions do.

That was kinda my point. Implying stellar type fusion doesn't mean burning deuterium the way most modern power generation discussions do.

Oh, I agree entirely.

As I've said many times, I don't like ignoring EU unless there is a direct contradiction.

We don't know what Hypermatter is (apart from Dr. Saxton's Tachyonic matter hypothesis), and the novels imply fusion (although it implies it is very controlled, as the DS novel clearly states what an uncontrolled reaction could do).

So yeah, the DS uses fusion, but fuses Hypermatter, which gives it more bang for the buck than anything we have ever seen, and allows it's "measly" reactor to generate enough power to destroy a world...

Which brings us back to the origin of this thread:

The Dominion loses, period... smile.gif

Same goes UFP power generations have more in commom Empire power generations then the Romulan star empires.

Same goes UFP power generations have more in commom Empire power generations then the Romulan star empires.

I don't see how. UFP uses Antimatter reactors, the Empire uses Hypermatter, the Romulans use Quantum Singularities.

I don't see how. UFP uses Antimatter reactors, the Empire uses Hypermatter, the Romulans use Quantum Singularities.

Of those, the most easy to quantify is the UFP - both becuase matter/antimatter gives a single energy release equation, and because Data can't keep the technobabbling shut off.

UFP ant matter and the Empire Hypermatter mix normal matter in order give off energy. The Rolulan star empire Quantum Singularities drive does depend fuel used the same way.

UFP ant matter and the Empire Hypermatter mix normal matter in order give off energy. The Rolulan star empire Quantum Singularities drive does depend fuel used the same way.

The UFP uses antimatter/matter annihilation. The Galactic Empire uses hypermatter fusion. bit of a difference there

The UFP uses antimatter/matter annihilation. The Galactic Empire uses hypermatter fusion. bit of a difference there

WRONG! As you can see, Jason is saying that the Federation uses ant corpses to power their starships. Pay attention to the professor! smile.gif

I not say not different I saying Galaic Empire and UFP power generation more in common with each other then have Romulan power generations.

I not say not different I saying Galaic Empire and UFP power generation more in common with each other then have Romulan power generations.

In what way?

In what way?

The Rolulan warship run some artificial mirco black hole generation power. Star War Empire and the UFP depend mix normal matter with either hypermatter or ant matter. Also the star war Empire and UFP main power generation can turn off Romulan star Empire power generation can not be.

The Rolulan warship run some artificial mirco black hole generation power. Star War Empire and the UFP depend mix normal matter with either hypermatter or ant matter. Also the star war Empire and UFP main power generation can turn off Romulan star Empire power generation can not be.

There is no indication that hypermatter is fused with normal matter. And while we're at it, Matter/Antimatter reactions are "annihilation" reactions, not "fusion" reactions.