News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Star Terk Earth solor system Vrs Death Star

After Empire face exsteamly heavly lose fight UFP lose most fleet thank UFP galaxy X class starship other UFP starships. The Star War Empire deside send in a Death star to destory Earth hope to force UFP more defense stand near worn hole.With help hyperdrives most likley close Earth solar systems. Were it get destory Mars defense missles or Jupture defense weapons or surface defense on Earth, Mars or Moon.

After Empire face exsteamly heavly lose fight UFP lose most fleet thank UFP galaxy X class starship other UFP starships. The Star War Empire deside send in a Death star to destory Earth hope to force UFP more defense stand near worn hole.With help hyperdrives most likley close Earth solar systems. Were it get destory Mars defense missles or Jupture defense weapons or surface defense on Earth, Mars or Moon.

You need to specify a century. 23rd, 24th or 25th.

You need to specify a century. 23rd, 24th or 25th.

He needs to specify which reality he's in when making these posts. Me thinks he likes LSD too much.

DS2 shows up in the farthest part of the solar system.

"Admiral! There's a large ship that has suddenly appeared just outside of our system!"

"What is it doing?"

"Nothing at the moment si----- HOLY SHIT! It just took out Pluto!"

"Impossible! There must be something wro---"

"FUCK ME SIDEWAYS WITH A HYPOSPRAY! It JUST TOOK OUT NEPTUNE!"

"Calm down Ensign! Recalibrate the sensors. You must be reading it wro-"

"Holy Krishna on crack! Uranus has been blown to pieces!

"Now see here!"

"Oh why am I going to die as a virgin? Sir, Saturn has been destroyed!"

"Stop this nonsense! This starship cannot possibly have that kind of power! No ship has."

"Well sir, while you were talking to me, the massive ship shot Jupiter into Swiss cheese."

"Balderdash!"

"It is true sir. I swear upon my mother's supple nipples it is true!"

"I know your mother's nipples ensign, it is definitely not supple. More like dried jerky!"

"Well I'd like some of that jerky now sir. Mars is now gone."

"One more out of you and I'll tan your--------"

*KABOOM!*

Not if we're talking about the 25th century. Among other kick ass weaponry, they have weaponized Red Matter. And if the DS2 was half the threat you're making it out to be, they wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Not if we're talking about the 25th century. Among other kick ass weaponry, they have weaponized Red Matter. And if the DS2 was half the threat you're making it out to be, they wouldn't hesitate to use it.

My post was a joke as to how it would go. smile.gif

Well, if they still had red matter. Didn't Spock take all of it? Nevertheless, I'd think Starfleet would hesitate using a weapon that makes huge black holes near populated planets should there be a possibility that the black hole might pull or shift the planet like Mars or Earth out of its orbit.

As far as we know, unless Starfleet has changed their doctrine as to defending their home system, it'll be lightly defended other than any planetary defenses it might have. Apparently Starfleet has never thought of having some sort of a Home Fleet, dedicated to defending the Sol system. That is why I think the DS2 would be able to destroy at least half if not more of the planets in Sol system before encountering some sort of resistance.

Um, what gave you the idea that the Death Star could blow up gas giants, Enigma?

Um, what gave you the idea that the Death Star could blow up gas giants, Enigma?

Humor mainly. smile.gif

Will I used the term Galaxy X class starship one classes beating the Star war and was reason they try send Death star to destory Earth. So I think answer question sometime like 35 year after Star TERk Voyager end of Games. Empire send thier Death star to destory Earth in Star Terk univerce. Shuttlecaft like once that Admiral Janeway's had during End games be surly be able handle that Death star. After all tie fighter weapon unless againist it armor and tranphasic toropodes would make quick work it.

REally I think this is not a case of "Can Starfleet stop the Death Star" as much as it is a matter of taking it over with MACOs and transporters.

Or my idea is to make big transporter and then BEAM THE DEATH STAR TO CORUSCANT WHILE LASER IS CHARGING.

Empireror Dead then and then Picard new Grand Admiral.

Actually, Enigma, Starfleet does seem to have a home fleet after the Earth attack from the Breen.

Remember Voyager's homecoming?

20 ships were mobilized within minutes of detecting the Transwarp hub to greet whatever was coming through, and most of these ships were recent ones, there were a few Defiants IIRC, and a Prometheus too.

And since ships cannot travel in Hyperspace within a solar system, then the DS would need to come out near Pluto, as in your scenario, so it would be detected by Starfleet headquarters.

By the time it got to Earth, it would have been engaged by the Mars defenses, Earth's planetary defenses, and the home defense fleet.

They would certainly be able to damage it enough to either keep it from getting to Earth, or even keep it from firing...

And if it had the power to destroy Gas Giants, then Yavin would have been destroyed, which would have ensured the destruction of its moons and any Rebel bases on them... smile.gif

Actually, Enigma, Starfleet does seem to have a home fleet after the Earth attack from the Breen.

Remember Voyager's homecoming?

20 ships were mobilized within minutes of detecting the Transwarp hub to greet whatever was coming through, and most of these ships were recent ones, there were a few Defiants IIRC, and a Prometheus too.

And since ships cannot travel in Hyperspace within a solar system, then the DS would need to come out near Pluto, as in your scenario, so it would be detected by Starfleet headquarters.

By the time it got to Earth, it would have been engaged by the Mars defenses, Earth's planetary defenses, and the home defense fleet.

They would certainly be able to damage it enough to either keep it from getting to Earth, or even keep it from firing...

And if it had the power to destroy Gas Giants, then Yavin would have been destroyed, which would have ensured the destruction of its moons and any Rebel bases on them... smile.gif

Earth's defences are easily countered by just being out of it's range when the SL is fired. smile.gif

Twenty ships is not enough to fight the DS.

Also the twenty ships, were they actually part of a defense fleet or were they there for different reason such as being newly commissioned, repaired from the Dominion War, etc....?

As for the gas giants, I was not being serious. They are too big to be significantly affected by the SL.

The only real contender is Mars' verteron array and that can be countered just by being on the other side of the planet, away from the weapon. The Wars Defense Perimeter itself is a joke.

Fucking retarded edit function, I edit and it doesn't save it.

I was joking about destroying gas giants. I doubt the SL can significantly damage them.

As for the ships in the solar system, were they actually there as a defense fleet or were they there for different reasons such as shore leave, repairs, retrofitting, just launched, etc...?

How do you know that Earth's defenses cannot reach the DS?

And if the DS is in position to shoot the Earth, then there's a good bet it's in the Verteron array's range (not that it would destroy the DS, mind you...).

And 20 ST ships are all that is needed to seriously fuck-up the SL and stop it from firing, or fucking up the DS's propulsion units to stop it from getting into range of Earth...

How do you know that Earth's defenses cannot reach the DS?

And if the DS is in position to shoot the Earth, then there's a good bet it's in the Verteron array's range (not that it would destroy the DS, mind you...).

And 20 ST ships are all that is needed to seriously fuck-up the SL and stop it from firing, or fucking up the DS's propulsion units to stop it from getting into range of Earth...

If it can get through it's shields. I am assuming it is using a planetary grade shielding? Maybe? Maybe not? Nevertheless, those ships would still need to deal with those pesky turbolasers and TIE fighters.

As I mentioned about the verteron array, easy to deal with as the DS can just position itself on the opposite side of Mars and blow it to shit. smile.gif Then deal with Earth. That is how I'd do it.

As for Earth not reaching the DS, have you seen the distance between Alderaan and the DS? Do you think Earth has the type of planetary defenses other than ships to hit the DS? I do not think so.

As for those 20 ships, Memory Alpha's page on Endgame stated that Starfleet didn't think it would be enough to deal with the Borg. What makes you think it could deal with a massive battlestation that dwarfs a Borg Cube.

All in all, if a DS ends up in Sol system then Starfleet and Earth is shit out of luck unless they have been doing some very aggressive reverse engineering of all the technology that every version of the Enterprises and it crew have encountered. smile.gif

Then they have a real fighting chance.

Are we talking about the same vaunted defense grid that failed to stop a small Breen Force from hitting San Francisco?

Yeah I think the Death Star carries a little more firepower...

If it can get through it's shields. I am assuming it is using a planetary grade shielding? Maybe? Maybe not? Nevertheless, those ships would still need to deal with those pesky turbolasers and TIE fighters.

As I mentioned about the verteron array, easy to deal with as the DS can just position itself on the opposite side of Mars and blow it to shit. smile.gif Then deal with Earth. That is how I'd do it.

As for Earth not reaching the DS, have you seen the distance between Alderaan and the DS? Do you think Earth has the type of planetary defenses other than ships to hit the DS? I do not think so.

As for those 20 ships, Memory Alpha's page on Endgame stated that Starfleet didn't think it would be enough to deal with the Borg. What makes you think it could deal with a massive battlestation that dwarfs a Borg Cube.

All in all, if a DS ends up in Sol system then Starfleet and Earth is shit out of luck unless they have been doing some very aggressive reverse engineering of all the technology that every version of the Enterprises and it crew have encountered. smile.gif

Earth has surface defense and during last Star Terk movie Earth surface defense would able to destory starship build century latter. Also what Death star going do about mar defense missles. During or after Domimion war it likley UFP upgrade them as will. It possible Earth surface defense would be able to destory Death star before Death star get near planet. I think starfleet command last 10 minutes end game afriad of borg cube. They did not at the time know that just borg speare. Also borg ship able to adapt to starfleet weapons something the Death star does not have the able to do. A

Earth has surface defense and during last Star Terk movie Earth surface defense would able to destory starship build century latter. Also what Death star going do about mar defense missles. During or after Domimion war it likley UFP upgrade them as will. It possible Earth surface defense would be able to destory Death star before Death star get near planet. I think starfleet command last 10 minutes end game afriad of borg cube. They did not at the time know that just borg speare. Also borg ship able to adapt to starfleet weapons something the Death star does not have the able to do. A

No one cares what you think, jackass. Go away. Troll or just a brain dead zombie retard, you are a waste of resources. Toxic waste is superior to you and less hated.

Are we talking about the same vaunted defense grid that failed to stop a small Breen Force from hitting San Francisco?

Or Mars Verteron array. But to be fair, a miss by the array would do more damage to San Francisco and Starfleet HQ than the Breen's attack. smile.gif

The DS shields were insufficient in stopping fighters to penetrate it (not in the RayCav meaning tongue.gif ), and those Turbolasers made X-wings explode about as much as when the Tie hit the Y-wings or the other X-wings, so definietely not ST Capital-ship grade weapons, so not a problem...

And unlike the Borg, the DS does not adapt to anything, so repeated hits will damage it, and again, unlike the Borg, it does not regenerate...

I actually truly only see the 20 ships being capable of doing somtething to slow down/stop the DS.

Now, if the DS had the Endor fleet with it, Earth is fucked, because while the SSD and the ISDs occupy the ST ships, the DS has all the time in the world to get to Earth, and fire...

Small Breen force?

And where is it stated that the Breen force was so small?

And the damage was definitely bigger then the damage done on Geonosis by the Republic KT missiles... tongue.gif

The DS shields were insufficient in stopping fighters to penetrate it (not in the RayCav meaning tongue.gif ), and those Turbolasers made X-wings explode about as much as when the Tie hit the Y-wings or the other X-wings, so definietely not ST Capital-ship grade weapons, so not a problem...

And unlike the Borg, the DS does not adapt to anything, so repeated hits will damage it, and again, unlike the Borg, it does not regenerate...

I actually truly only see the 20 ships being capable of doing somtething to slow down/stop the DS.

Now, if the DS had the Endor fleet with it, Earth is fucked, because while the SSD and the ISDs occupy the ST ships, the DS has all the time in the world to get to Earth, and fire...

You are mixing up DSes.

DS 1 has that wonky shielding but the turbolasers are mainly for capital ships. But you know that the fighters did not attack until after they passed through the shields. Those turbolasers would work well on the ST ships. TIEs would have a better time too since they'll be attacking big juicy targets.

DS 2 alone is enough to fuck anyone over. Granted the shielding used on the DS 2 came from Endor but who is to say that they would not have the same once fully built? Those shields would have stopped any ships or fighters from passing through. smile.gif That and the increased firing rate of that DS is nothing to sneeze at. smile.gif

Small Breen force?

And where is it stated that the Breen force was so small?

And the damage was definitely bigger then the damage done on Geonosis by the Republic KT missiles... tongue.gif

Except Geonosis looked like rubble to begin with. smile.gif