News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fanboy

Why SDN's slogan is out of date

So most of you are familiar with SDN i'm sure, and how Wong came up with the slogan "Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people."

Well that mockery of stupid people part doesn't always apply, such is the case of everyone's least favorite Israeli who goes by "Grim Squeaker" a.k.a "Death" a.k.a ".303 Bookworm" a.k.a The biggest fucking idiot in the middle east. BAckstory, the guy is from a rich family and is in university.

Anyways this guy openly bragged about holidays to Hawaii and Nepal that he was going on while simultaneously preparing for big important tests. Instead of well, studying, he went on his vacations and subsequently didn't get the grades he needed and openly wondered why in the fuck he wasn't able to pass. It's pretty obvious to everyone with half a a brain right?

But mocking the stupid person for being stupid now comes with threats of moderator action because we can't have no vendetta's goin 'round now y'hea? I get that the mod staff there wants to keep everything tight but for fuck's sake not being able to call a guy out for being stupid when he has obviously done something stupid is horseshit. Not to mention the fact that SDN has that unwritten rule about being cool with a Vendetta so long as the right people also harbor it. I even agree and respect quite a few people there but got-damn that already out of hand board culture is just getting even more fucked up.

So yeah even though I guess i'm in the rabid warsie camp I am very glad this board exists? Sure why not.

So most of you are familiar with SDN i'm sure, and how Wong came up with the slogan "Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people."

Well that mockery of stupid people part doesn't always apply, such is the case of everyone's least favorite Israeli who goes by "Grim Squeaker" a.k.a "Death" a.k.a ".303 Bookworm" a.k.a The biggest fucking idiot in the middle east. BAckstory, the guy is from a rich family and is in university.

Anyways this guy openly bragged about holidays to Hawaii and Nepal that he was going on while simultaneously preparing for big important tests. Instead of well, studying, he went on his vacations and subsequently didn't get the grades he needed and openly wondered why in the fuck he wasn't able to pass. It's pretty obvious to everyone with half a a brain right?

But mocking the stupid person for being stupid now comes with threats of moderator action because we can't have no vendetta's goin 'round now y'hea? I get that the mod staff there wants to keep everything tight but for fuck's sake not being able to call a guy out for being stupid when he has obviously done something stupid is horseshit. Not to mention the fact that SDN has that unwritten rule about being cool with a Vendetta so long as the right people also harbor it. I even agree and respect quite a few people there but got-damn that already out of hand board culture is just getting even more fucked up.

So yeah even though I guess i'm in the rabid warsie camp I am very glad this board exists? Sure why not.

Welcome to the refugee camp. Raycav runs the Rabid Warsie slums, but you can distract him with perverted pictures easily enough.

Welcome to the refugee camp. Raycav runs the Rabid Warsie slums, but you can distract him with perverted pictures easily enough.

Aint that tha fuckin trooth.

Wow. He sounds like a real piece of shit. I wasn't aware that they cracked down on vendettas and the like. (Or, just the un-approved vendettas.) That's the one thing I always hated there, was the inconsistency. They let some people get away with all kinds of shit, (usually the ones who are either buddy-buddy with the staff or run the party line) and they crack down HARD on others. IMHO, a board needs to either do what JMS did at SFJN and enforce Marcus of Queensbury rules for everyone, or do what we do here and realize that vendettas are part of life, and embrace them. We have an area just for them, and they can be kept out of the main debate forums. Of course, just look at what we do to Jason (Or "Retarded Pakled" as his username now reads) He's the butt of everyone's abuse. And he keeps coming back for more.

I'm glad you like it. smile.gif I'm obviously a Trekkie, but I try really hard not to push an agenda here. I just let people be who they are and let their arguments rise or fall on their own merits.

As long as they involve fisting and/or penetration with unnaturally large objects.

Wow. He sounds like a real piece of shit.

He may or may not be I don't know and I don't give enough of a shit about him to find out. But this is just the stupidest fucking bullshit I have ever heard anyone complain about in the entire world, and it really didn't take up too much of my time to point out to him how big of a fucking jackass he was being.

But then again I also thought "mockery of stupid people" was permitted.

I wasn't aware that they cracked down on vendettas and the like. (Or, just the un-approved vendettas.) That's the one thing I always hated there, was the inconsistency. They let some people get away with all kinds of shit, (usually the ones who are either buddy-buddy with the staff or run the party line) and they crack down HARD on others. IMHO, a board needs to either do what JMS did at SFJN and enforce Marcus of Queensbury rules for everyone, or do what we do here and realize that vendettas are part of life, and embrace them. We have an area just for them, and they can be kept out of the main debate forums. Of course, just look at what we do to Jason (Or "Retarded Pakled" as his username now reads) He's the butt of everyone's abuse. And he keeps coming back for more.

To be honest there are still mods at SDN that I think are fairly chill, but there are defintely some who are so "rah rah board culture" big about themselves that it's hardly entertaining anymore. It's become such a parody that you can agree with someone over there and they are so concerned about their e-peen that they are still going to fire back like you just caught caught RayCaving their dead grandmother.

I'm glad you like it. smile.gif I'm obviously a Trekkie, but I try really hard not to push an agenda here. I just let people be who they are and let their arguments rise or fall on their own merits.

That's because your fandom sucks. ;-)

HAHAHA I FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY LIFE CHOICES NOW.

Oh yeah, and "The mockery of stupid people" as long as those stupid people aren't part of some "protected class" or another, or some such politically correct bullshit. Isn't making "disparaging remarks against gays" an instaban offense? rofl.gif I remember someone getting banned because they referred to something as "fruity". I assume if you admonished someone (in the manner of 4Chan) to back up their bold words with actions by saying:

41857494674654735148.jpg

You would likely cause the mods to have an aneurysm and ban you on the spot.

Well yeah, but then again I don't have a problem with that because I don't much care for that word myself. I'm not going to go on a crusade about it though because i'm from the George Carlin school of thought where censoring language is akin to censoring thought.

Did you just use RayCav as a verb? horse.gif

That's right and if you don't agree with it then you'd best hope I don't find out where you live and leave an upper decker in your bathroom.

Well yeah, but then again I don't have a problem with that because I don't much care for that word myself. I'm not going to go on a crusade about it though because i'm from the George Carlin school of thought where censoring language is akin to censoring thought.

Agreed, which is why the only thing that I censor here is things that will get me in legal trouble. behindsofa.gif Speaking of which, where did RayCav and Enigma go off to?

That's right and if you don't agree with it then you'd best hope I don't find out where you live and leave an upper decker in your bathroom.

Quote of the week!

RayCav is either within a few feet of a children's playground or at a sausage fest.

And I am right here. smile.gif

Hey, hey, don't forget I'm a mod here!

Which just means Tyralak will let anyone be a Mod... tongue.gif

Come to think of it, so do I!

Come to think of it, so do I!

Yes but can the two of you each take time out of your busy schedule of trying to catch crabs from bus station skanks in order to properly moderate?

I think not.

That is why I am more qualified, because I live right next to the bus station.