News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Chimera

ISD curbstomps the Enterprise

Does anyone honestly think the Enterprise or any Federation ship for that matter can defeat an ISD? I mean, come on. The things are fucking HUGE, and they're bristling with guns. They're MADE for war. Hyperspace is way faster than warp, and not to mention, Turbolasers are so much more powerful. Didn't the ICS say that a Clone Wars era heavy turbolaser shoots bolts of like 250 gigatons? There is no way a puny tin can like the Enterprise can stand up to it. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Does anyone honestly think the Enterprise or any Federation ship for that matter can defeat an ISD? I mean, come on. The things are fucking HUGE, and they're bristling with guns. They're MADE for war. Hyperspace is way faster than warp, and not to mention, Turbolasers are so much more powerful. Didn't the ICS say that a Clone Wars era heavy turbolaser shoots bolts of like 250 gigatons? There is no way a puny tin can like the Enterprise can stand up to it. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Well, actually, since you state:

"An ISD cannot be defeated by any ST ship!"

The burden of proof is on you.

The ICS states that a Clone Wars ship had that much firepower, but it doesn't say anything about an ISD.

First, you need to prove that an ISD is as powerful as a Clone Wars ship, then, you need to prove that no ST ship can match that Firepower.

Then others will be able to come up with counter arguments, but for the moment, the Burden Of Proof is on YOU!!! laugh.gif

Does anyone honestly think the Enterprise or any Federation ship for that matter can defeat an ISD?

Any ship in the Star Trek universe can brush off a star destroyer.

I mean, come on. The things are fucking HUGE,

Size doesn't matter. At least that's what women would say to you.

and they're bristling with guns.

They're nothing but pea shooters. How many hits did the Millennium Falcon take up the ass at the end of the Empire Strikes back?

They're MADE for war.

So are Trireme's. However I wouldn't expect anyone to seriously suggest they could take on a modern ship, well unless they were a Greek fanboy.

Hyperspace is way faster than warp,

And you've arrived at this conclusion how?

and not to mention, Turbolasers are so much more powerful. Didn't the ICS say that a Clone Wars era heavy turbolaser shoots bolts of like 250 gigatons? There is no way a puny tin can like the Enterprise can stand up to it.

I've read fan fiction that said Kirk with a ripped shirt could defeat Superman and the Silver Surfer with his cock alone. That doesn't make it part of the Star Trek universe. Stick with the movies boy.

I dare you to prove me wrong.

You're a blithering idiot who just shit all over his keyboard and foolishly believed he made a convincing argument out of it.

The problem is, Darth Chimera, your post is full of generalities. And the only specific you gave is a highly questionable book. Back it up with some figures, then we'll talk.

The problem is, Darth Chimera, your post is full of generalities. And the only specific you gave is a highly questionable book. Back it up with some figures, then we'll talk.

Highly questionable? You're telling me you don't accept the ICS as canon? What kind of a stupid asshat are you? It's part of the EU, this alone makes it canon.

Please, Darth Chimera, do us all a favor and back up your claims, or kindly stfu. You make all warsies look bad.

EU is not 100% canon. Lucas himself has been quoted as saying that he sees it as another universe, meaning that its level of canon is lower than that of the movies. It is still considered to be part of continuity, as long as it does not contradict anything shown in the movies, though. It would just be on a lower level.

Now, the ICS does, in some instances, seem to contradict the visuals from the movies, which, considering current canon policy, would make the ICS number non-canon.

Highly questionable? You're telling me you don't accept the ICS as canon? What kind of a stupid asshat are you? It's part of the EU, this alone makes it canon.

Maybe you're willing to purchase and pour through a small libraries worth of shitty published fan fiction to see if a few quotes help prop up your pathetic debating skills, but no one else is.

Of course the only reason you refuse to rely solely on movie evidence to provide firepower calculations is because math is to hard for you.

Of course the only reason you refuse to rely solely on movie evidence to provide firepower calculations is because math is to hard for you.

I think it's because he knows no movie shows anything remotely approaching the ICS in Firepower when the math is done, and he absolutely wants SW to win, no matter if it doesn't agree with that "pesky thing you call logic and math!"

grin.gif

What about if Galaxy class starship deflector dish could destory a Star Destoryer. According to Star Terk best of both worlds it give more then all weapons put together in just a few seconds. I can not see Star Destoryer surival a ten secounds if a Galaxy class starship going us that weapon.

What about if Galaxy class starship deflector dish could destory a Star Destoryer. According to Star Terk best of both worlds it give more then all weapons put together in just a few seconds. I can not see Star Destoryer surival a ten secounds if a Galaxy class starship going us that weapon.

Calculations and proof, please?

If you do not have them, then your assertion is no better then Darth Chimera's... rolleyes.gif

Calculations and proof, please?

If you do not have them, then your assertion is no better then Darth Chimera's... rolleyes.gif

It is a little better. I do remember something about the deflector dish magnifying the power of phasers against the borg. I'll see if I can find the quote.

It is a little better. I do remember something about the deflector dish magnifying the power of phasers against the borg. I'll see if I can find the quote.

I don't see it as being any better.

First, he needs to prove or show strong evidence of how powerful it is.

Then, he needs to prove that an ISD's shields cannot stand up to that power.

He has done nothing of the sort.

Both arguments are like this:

"I say X is stronger because B says so.

Prove me wrong..."

rolleyes.gif

I'm watching BoBW right now.

They pitch it as using the deflector dish as a jerry-rigged phaser set to a high narrow band frequency in order to destroy the Borgs distribution power nodes. Geordi states that this would be greater then their phasers and photon torpedoes could ever provide.

It's also made clear that such a setup takes a lot of modifications.

These lines scripe star terk best of both worlds part when they about talk using the main Deflector dish weapons.

SHELBY

Unfortunately, there is one slight

detail -- in the process, the

blast completely destroys the

Enterprise as well.

RIKER

(muses)

But if we could get far enough

away... increase the deflector

range...

SHELBY

(nods)

It could work. In the meantime,

we should retune all phasers,

including hand units, to the same

frequency.

Even if we are to agree that a Star Destroyer can withstand 1000 photon torpedoes before lose shields. UFP normal fire rang we have to guess what Shelby means by being to close. Saying blast 80,000km away would have to hit USS Enterprise-D with a force greater then 30 megatons that only star destoryer.net accord pro Star trek sites rang would be even greater. Also Star Destoryer no have all it shields to hold of this kind fire power as less 25 percent Star Destoryer would got hit by this weapon.

These lines scripe star terk best of both worlds part when they about talk using the main Deflector dish weapons.

SHELBY

Unfortunately, there is one slight

detail -- in the process, the

blast completely destroys the

Enterprise as well.

RIKER

(muses)

But if we could get far enough

away... increase the deflector

range...

SHELBY

(nods)

It could work. In the meantime,

we should retune all phasers,

including hand units, to the same

frequency.

Even if we are to agree that a Star Destroyer can withstand 1000 photon torpedoes before lose shields. UFP normal fire rang we have to guess what Shelby means by being to close. Saying blast 80,000km away would have to hit USS Enterprise-D with a force greater then 30 megatons that only star destoryer.net accord pro Star trek sites rang would be even greater. Also Star Destoryer no have all it shields to hold of this kind fire power as less 25 percent Star Destoryer would got hit by this weapon.

Okay, I don't even know what the fuck you just said. We do need to be able to understand your arguments in order to reply, you know. Having said that, where the hell did you get that 80, 000 km number? It's just a random number used to skew the numbers in your favor, isn't it? I'm kind of sorry that I defended you... The quote you have provided is useless without knowing, at the very least, the current distance of the Enterprise to the Borg cube, and the Enterprise's maximum shield capacity. If we wanted to figure potential damage to an sd, we would need much more info than that. Please, show some actual evidence.

Praeothmin, I thought it was a better argument only because it was from a canon source as opposed to Darth Chimera's semi-canon, at best, source material.

Praeothmin, I thought it was a better argument only because it was from a canon source as opposed to Darth Chimera's semi-canon, at best, source material.

Understood... mysterysolved.gif

Federation starships the able to fire at range of 40,000 km away from it target according to range TNG A Matter of honor. Check scripe did not believe me.

Federation starships the able to fire at range of 40,000 km away from it target according to range TNG A Matter of honor. Check scripe did not believe me.

The capable range of fire is irrelevant. What is relevant, in this situation, in the distance of the Enterprise from the Borg cube. That 80, 000 km number is complete bullshit, unless you show evidence from the script, of the best of both worlds, that the blast would engulf the Enterprise from 80, 000 kms away.

First normal rang of fire that is 190,000km (photon torpedoes)~150,000km (phasers) according to Star Trek TNG "The Wounded" it if you do not believe me watch it. This is normal fire range for Nebula class starships. USS Enterprise may will have long fire range we do not know. So 150,000 km would suicide range for using main defector dish on USS Enterprise D. Meaning also when USS Enterprise fire that weapon best both world they would have been out of rang of major blasted.

First normal rang of fire that is 190,000km (photon torpedoes)~150,000km (phasers) according to Star Trek TNG "The Wounded" it if you do not believe me watch it. This is normal fire range for Nebula class starships. USS Enterprise may will have long fire range we do not know. So 150,000 km would suicide range for using main defector dish on USS Enterprise D. Meaning also when USS Enterprise fire that weapon best both world they would have been out of rang of major blasted.

First of all, the Enterprise IS NOT a Nebula Class ship. This means that standard firing range will likely not be the same. Second point, this still says nothing about the current situation. Give information from the episode in question, you know, because then the information you give will actually be relevant.

In Star Terk TNG Relics the USS Enterprise D shields were getting hit by solar flares when they were in a Dyson Sphere. With their shields at only 23% .Fact Lt Worf said in three hours our shields no longer are able to protect use. According to NASA a solar flare can give off as much as the energy of billion megatons of TNT in just few minutes. This means the USS Enterprise D shields could with withstand full strength 80 billion megatons of TNT. If one of these solar flares going to hit the Earth by the way the Earth would be destroy.

In Star Terk TNG Relics the USS Enterprise D shields were getting hit by solar flares when they were in a Dyson Sphere. With their shields at only 23% .Fact Lt Worf said in three hours our shields no longer are able to protect use. According to NASA a solar flare can give off as much as the energy of billion megatons of TNT in just few minutes. This means the USS Enterprise D shields could with withstand full strength 80 billion megatons of TNT. If one of these solar flares going to hit the Earth by the way the Earth would be destroy.

In the TNG episode, "Suspicions" a Metaphasic shield was used to withstand the radiation from the corona of a star. It's been so long since I've seen that episode, I can't recall enough to do any calculations until I see it again.

What type of star was it? It has been a while so I don't remember. How far away was the E-D? Also remember "as much as the energy of billions of megatons of TNT" means diddly squat. We know the E-D's shields would not withstand the upper range of a solar flare. So it'll go from "ahh pretty lights but does nothing else" to "Pfft there goes the Enterprise".

Metaphasic shielding was used only twice. Once in "Suspicions" and the other was that ep with Lore and the stranded Borg. But that form of shielding for all intents and purposes is useless as the Feds never incorporated such technology nor has the E-D used it permanently. Also, was "Relics" aired before or after "Suspicions"?

That video Paul posted was nothing more than a Trekkie's wet dream. I don't even know why I think it's worth posting in this thread, or in this forum, at all.