News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Chimera

ISD curbstomps the Enterprise

That video Paul posted was nothing more than a Trekkie's wet dream. I don't even know why I think it's worth posting in this thread, or in this forum, at all.

You are amazing. I haven't enjoyed this much scathing laughter in quite some time.

You are amazing. I haven't enjoyed this much scathing laughter in quite some time.

He's something else, isn't he? I guess they send only the best, huh? laugh.gif

Back to the topic power main defector dish

DATA

When Tyken was trapped in a Rift,

his analysis determined that a

massive energy release might

overload and dislocate the

anomaly. Fortunately, his cargo

included anicium and yurium, which

he used to detonate a massive

explosion. He then escaped

through the ruptured center of

the Rift.

GEORDI

(acknowledges)

But we aren't carrying anything

that could produce that kind of

explosion. Even our photon

torpedoes wouldn't be enough.Later they used the main defector dish This shows that the USS Entperise D main defector dish give off more power all photon torpedoes aboard the USS EnterpiseD. You can check scrip if you don not belive

Go fuck yourself Tyralak you hide here because you know they'll fucking eat you alive at SDN.

Go fuck yourself Tyralak you hide here because you know they'll fucking eat you alive at SDN.

That is at least the third time you have used that phrase. Try to be a bit more creative, huh?

In Star Terk TNG "Night Terrors" They try used main defector dish to free themselves form the Tyken's Rift and fall. The fact they never even try to make USS BRattain exploded to try free themselves form the Tykens rift means one thing. That Defector dish sends out greater shoke wave then USS Brattain blow up. Other wise why would USS Enterpise D even try USS Main defector dish to free themselves form Tykens rift.

In Star Terk TNG "Night Terrors" They try used main defector dish to free themselves form the Tyken's Rift and fall. The fact they never even try to make USS BRattain exploded to try free themselves form the Tykens rift means one thing. That Defector dish sends out greater shoke wave then USS Brattain blow up. Other wise why would USS Enterpise D even try USS Main defector dish to free themselves form Tykens rift.

Perhaps they felt it was a bit premature to blow up a starship to free themselves when they had what they thought was another solution.

After, the Brattain was still fully functional, so they had probably planned on taking her along in the first place, since losing a ship would still be costly for Starfleet.

There's also the possibility that the burst from the deflector was more controlled then just blowing up the Brattain, or that it required a "Spacially Inverted Quantum Barionic Tachyon Flux" to work properly.

But no, contrary to what you want to believe, it does not, in any way, mean only one thing... biggrin.gif

I can rule out all of your reasons.Can rule out all the possible you gave me. UFP cares more about it crews then then starships. Staying in that place would put USS Enterpise D and crew in danger. If hand phaser hit warpcore that could destory USS Enterpise D. Most USS Enterpise D crew not being sleep. In few days of that could easiy destory USS Enterpise D.The other possible gave did not make any sense they need to make massive explosion.

Read this part scrip see why I disagree with you on "Night Terrors"

DATA

the Rift.

I still hold stand about Main defector dish.

I can rule out all of your reasons.Can rule out all the possible you gave me. UFP cares more about it crews then then starships. Staying in that place would put USS Enterpise D and crew in danger. If hand phaser hit warpcore that could destory USS Enterpise D. Most USS Enterpise D crew not being sleep. In few days of that could easiy destory USS Enterpise D.The other possible gave did not make any sense they need to make massive explosion.

Read this part scrip see why I disagree with you on "Night Terrors"

DATA

the Rift.

I still hold stand about Main defector dish.

Starfleet does hold the lives of its crews in higher regards, I agree with you.

This still doesn't mean it was necessary to blow up the other ship.

As I said, the main dish being used allows them to focuse the power of the beam, where exploding the ship would have created an omnidirectional explosion, not ensuring that there was enough energy where needed to get free.

We have to many unknowns to jump to your conclusion and hold it as the only possible one... emot-iiam.gif

Read this scrip "Night Terrors"

DATA

the Rift.

Tyken made explosion using anicium and yerium to excape Tyken Rift. No way that Tyken could have used a to focuse the power of the beam.

I still stand by the main defector dish.

Read this scrip "Night Terrors"

DATA

the Rift.

Tyken made explosion using anicium and yerium to excape Tyken Rift. No way that Tyken could have used a to focuse the power of the beam.

I still stand by the main defector dish.

You may be right.

Although what this shows is that the Deflector dish was perhaps more powerful then what the Brattain, a Miranda class vessel, was able to give as an explosion, but not necessarily what a Galaxy-Class could.

And even then, I'm not so sure.

Look at ST 3, when the E-Nil explodes, it doesn't blow up so much, as if the explosion wasn't so powerful.

Look at all the Mirandas blowing up in DS9, in the fleet battles.

They didn't give up much of an explosion.

It seems that ships exploding don't display such power, as if there was something in their "bellies" that somehow made their "lowly", basic power generation more powerful.

For example, what is the exact role of the Dilitium crystal?

Would it not be to increase the power generation possible throuhg M/AM reactions to unprecedented levels, levels not attainable with the M/AM quantities present in the ships?

emot-iiam.gif

Watch star terk DEEP SPACE nine: "Emissary the USS Saratoga (NCC-31911 Miranda class and it was blow to bits during Battle of Wolf 359.

Watch star terk DEEP SPACE nine: "Emissary the USS Saratoga (NCC-31911 Miranda class and it was blow to bits during Battle of Wolf 359.

Yeeeesss, and? huh.gif

That explosion may have been big, but all others, such as in "Sacrifice of Angels", aren't...

So, what does that mean?

That getting a power value from such explosions is tough, and that there may be more to power generation aboard a Starship then just M/AM reactions... cool.gif

We only got to see a smell part ship got destroy Sacrifice angle before fly off screen. As for Wrath of Con Federation starship did not have as powerful of a warp drive as they have in Star Trek TNG. Miranda class starship more power warp drive in Star Terk TNG meaning biger explosions.Go to Youtube and look up Battle of Wolf 359 and see for yourself

We only got to see a smell part ship got destroy Sacrifice angle before fly off screen. As for Wrath of Con Federation starship did not have as powerful of a warp drive as they have in Star Trek TNG. Miranda class starship more power warp drive in Star Terk TNG meaning biger explosions.Go to Youtube and look up Battle of Wolf 359 and see for yourself

I'll debate your points once you learn how to write in English.

We only got to see a smell part ship got destroy Sacrifice angle before fly off screen. As for Wrath of Con Federation starship did not have as powerful of a warp drive as they have in Star Trek TNG. Miranda class starship more power warp drive in Star Terk TNG meaning biger explosions.

Yes, but the part we saw was the main saucer, where the Warp Core is, and it most likely went boom too, meaning a Warp core explosion, meaning it should have been bigger if these ships were more powerful, as you think...

And who says the Mirandas are more powerful in TNG then they were in TOS? emot-iiam.gif

The very fact it was easier to create new ships then to upgrade a ship to Lakota standards, like they did on the Excelsior-class, indicates that these ships cannot be upgraded with brand new systems as easily as you seem to think... rolleyes.gif

I'll debate your points once you learn how to write in English.

As much as I hate to agree with this guy.....This, most definitely this.

Go to Youtube and type in Battle of Wolf 359 then watch the vidie.

Here part a scrip INT. ESCAPE POD (OPTICAL)

as the tactical officer leads in Sisko... where the security

officer is seated holding Jake... along with a dozen others

in cramped lifeboat fashion.

The tactical officer presses panels... the door slides shut

and then without ever cutting outside, there is a woosh and

a shake and in the window, we see the Saratoga as our pod

shoots away from it... and Ben Sisko never takes his eyes

off it... and we may see other pods as we get further away...

and other wreckage of broken ships... and notice the flashes

of lightning from continued warfare with the Borg not far

away... but we stay inside the pod... and then the Saratoga

explodes... and the light fills Ben's face...

Please read scrip and type in at you Battle of Wolf 359.

You know you can link videos on here by just doing [media]somevideolink [/ media]

Instead of telling people to go search for it. Considering there isn't just one friggen video about it ><

Jason, it has to be a clip from a supported media site like YouTube. I found the same clip from YouTube and added it to your post. I left your original link there as well.

This is the vidio backs my clain I hope I did it right.You soon see what a Miranda class starship blow to bits.

An unimpressive explosion. Very very unimpressive. If you see it slowly, the explosion first takes out at least half of the Saratoga, half second later rest is destroyed too. It had to be a warp core breach because earlier in that clip another Miranda had half of its saucer section blown off yet no explodey. smile.gif

An unimpressive explosion. Very very unimpressive. If you see it slowly, the explosion first takes out at least half of the Saratoga, half second later rest is destroyed too. It had to be a warp core breach because earlier in that clip another Miranda had half of its saucer section blown off yet no explodey. smile.gif

Uh that other ship is an ambassador class that gets half its saucer blown off unless i'm missing one that I don't see...

Uh that other ship is an ambassador class that gets half its saucer blown off unless i'm missing one that I don't see...

Silly me, you are right.