News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Evidence that Military Assault Command Operations is around during TNG

In pratice most war going on during TNG during USS Enterpise D not real invold in Cardassian war and Cardassian cold war the Federation-Tzenkethi War,Tholian Conflict,Battle of Vorkado, poaaiblw war with Ferengis. Very likley good number battle going during TNG and DS9 never heard of. SO the MACO bussness fighting else were

Yo retarded dipshit, the Cardassian War was before TNG in which Miles O'Brien took part as a ground pounder (or grunt, whatever)and he was most definitely not MACO.

MACO's business was definitely elsewhere, providing cheap paint jobs and auto repairs.

Yo retarded dipshit, the Cardassian War was before TNG in which Miles O'Brien took part as a ground pounder (or grunt, whatever)and he was most definitely not MACO.

MACO's business was definitely elsewhere, providing cheap paint jobs and auto repairs.

I also like the fact that he thinks the spac-hippeies started a bunch of Space-Vietnams....

Like that's ever going to happen.

Weren't standard star fleet types used in "A Private Little War" (or something like that)?

Not true Cardasson and UFP end in If wish to see evidnce My link

In 2369, two years after the established truce, the Cardassians unsuccessfully attempted to take the system. So Cardasson and UFP at high. So in UFP been war for more half TNG seasons.

Not true Cardasson and UFP end in If wish to see evidnce My link

In 2369, two years after the established truce, the Cardassians unsuccessfully attempted to take the system. So Cardasson and UFP at high. So in UFP been war for more half TNG seasons.

How does that change his point, you nitpicking fool?

BTW, you can't have it both ways, unless O'Brien is Casey Ryback (or at least had the same sort of thing happen to him), he's proof that gold-shirted starfleet personnel (even engineering personnel) were used as ground troops. This is consistent with the Geordi showing up as part of a security detail at least once in TNG. The show treats gold-shirts interchangably.

They were probably using goldshirts for the ground battles, since most battles would be in space. They wouldn't be using MACOs.

Whoops, sorry to repeat what you said Questor. It seems we were writing those responses at the same time.

They were probably using goldshirts for the ground battles, since most battles would be in space. They wouldn't be using MACOs.

Which is exactly the reason that MACO's make no sense. Even at the Star Trek level of technology, there is very little need for ground troops. Once non-space-hippies have control of the orbital area, any sane planetary government will give up.

Ground assaults should only be necessary in the rare case of "have to have it intact" facilities.

EDIT: The only reason why we are not in that place now is the need to capture and hold territory.

On a different note, wouldn't this also mean that Warhammer 40K also makes almost no sense?

On a different note, wouldn't this also mean that Warhammer 40K also makes almost no sense?

Yup.

It's worth noting that the technology of battletech is specifically designed to make things make at least some sense. Jumpships are such precious resources that people don't want to risk them, and even that technological world makes very little sense.

I mean, the only things in 40K that would make sense then would be the Tyranids, since they have to go onto a planet to consume its biosphere, and Chaos, since most of them are ground-bound demons (or daemons, depending on how you want to spell it.)

I mean, the only things in 40K that would make sense then would be the Tyranids, since they have to go onto a planet to consume its biosphere, and Chaos, since most of them are ground-bound demons (or daemons, depending on how you want to spell it.)

Not aware of much of the setting for 40k. What're the details?

Hoo lordy. You're in for an infodump.

The main races:

Imperium of Man (Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle)

Chaos Gods, Daemons, and Chaos Space Marines

Tyranids

Necrons

C'Tan

Tau Empire (Tau, Kroot, and Vespid)

Orks

Eldar

Dark Eldar

In fact, it would just be easier if you went over to Lexicanum (The 40K Wiki) and typed these things in.

Hoo lordy. You're in for an infodump.

The main races:

Imperium of Man (Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle)

Chaos Gods, Daemons, and Chaos Space Marines

Tyranids

Necrons

C'Tan

Tau Empire (Tau, Kroot, and Vespid)

Orks

Eldar

Dark Eldar

In fact, it would just be easier if you went over to Lexicanum (The 40K Wiki) and typed these things in.

I may do that, but first:

Will that make my ears bleed with rage if I do so?

Depends. What would make your ears bleed with rage?

BTW, you can't have it both ways, unless O'Brien is Casey Ryback (or at least had the same sort of thing happen to him), he's proof that gold-shirted starfleet personnel (even engineering personnel) were used as ground troops. This is consistent with the Geordi showing up as part of a security detail at least once in TNG. The show treats gold-shirts interchangably.

Even Janeway as a lieutenant took part in a ground battle to defend an outpost against the Cardassians. Unfortunately Janeway lived and was decorated. You know what? Let her be MACO. smile.gif

I may do that, but first:

Will that make my ears bleed with rage if I do so?

If some of the tech will, it would probably be the "depleted deuterium" ammo shells, which will probably get retconned out in the next edition.

O Brian was used engneering member of part team we see Enterpise Engneer member team send combat with MACO members. We also seen people normal starfleet security be send MACO member past what make think working gathering during 24 century. Beside during DS9 saw UFP foot soldiers fight beside normal UFP normal security forces.

Even Janeway as a lieutenant took part in a ground battle to defend an outpost against the Cardassians. Unfortunately Janeway lived and was decorated. You know what? Let her be MACO. smile.gif

Actually, the MACO were efficient, and when they had an objective, they didn't take their time gallivanting around, smelling roses and exploring unkown caves and whatnot, unlike Janeway, which proves beyond doubt that she never was a MACO, else Voyager would have been home in a year... smile.gif

O Brian was used engneering member of part team we see Enterpise Engneer member team send combat with MACO members. We also seen people normal starfleet security be send MACO member past what make think working gathering during 24 century. Beside during DS9 saw UFP foot soldiers fight beside normal UFP normal security forces.

No, O'Brien was a primary tactical officer when he fought the Cardies on the ground. Only when he was transferred to the E-D did he become transporter chief plus security and a flight controller. You lose.

Actually, the MACO were efficient, and when they had an objective, they didn't take their time gallivanting around, smelling roses and exploring unkown caves and whatnot, unlike Janeway, which proves beyond doubt that she never was a MACO, else Voyager would have been home in a year... smile.gif

I know that they're good but I was trying to yank Jason's chain. He glorifies them and I wanted to knock them down several pegs. smile.gif

I know that they're good but I was trying to yank Jason's chain. He glorifies them and I wanted to knock them down several pegs. smile.gif

Well, I have to agree with Jason that they are good, I simply disagree wholeheartedly that they were still there in TNG and DS9... smile.gif

In practice all next generation of equipment MACO existed during TNG and DS9. Photon granades,TR-116s were all equipment we never see normal Starfleet office us in combat. For that matter it possible TR-116 not normal have Transporters on it. Instead that set sensor used get better information were hostages after all to easily stop transporters from doing thier job.Also only sector 31 carries assination missons as far last time I check.

It not like Starfleet have other special force like advance tactical training course during time TNG which turn normal starfleet officer into special lone commando.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Advanced_Tactical_Training

They hard weapons like TR-116 existed which Next Generation of sniper rife we expect MACO to use. We seen phaser beam transporter during TNG Datalore. Date beam Lore out starship while fire his hand phase and phaser beam caught transporter beam as well if wish to see evidence watch this video from 41 minute and 18 seconds to 41 minute 20 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0LnlMOzWTA