News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What happen fleet that UFP used simler fleet what used retake Deep space nine during Sacrifice of Angels"to do mission of battle of Endor

I think the Empire get pritey hard to say the least. I do not think Death star shield would able to with stand 9 galaxy class starships using main defector dishs as weapons. That blow Death star up first shot even while the shields on that moon Endor are still working.

A star destroyer had a problem hitting that blockad runner. Unlikley able to hit the Galaxy class starship before it is to late. Also 9 galaxy class starship only part fleet 627 other starships. Not incoulding all these attact fighters. The rest of the fleet deal with the star destoyers and tie fighters. With Galaxy class starship us main defector dishs they destoryer Death star.

A star destroyer had a problem hitting that blockad runner.
the tantive IV was hit enough to be disabled, as planned, in this case any misses are likely to hit another ship

Unlikley able to hit the Galaxy class starship before it is to late.
They've managed to hit X-wings, GCS are gigantic barges in comparison

Also 9 galaxy class starship only part fleet 627 other starships. Not incoulding all these attact fighters.
Prove it doesnt include the attack fighters

The rest of the fleet deal with the star destoyers and tie fighters.
Given the mechanics of the battle of endor this is irrelevant, other than making use of the superlaser hard

With Galaxy class starship us main defector dishs they destoryer Death star.

which given the lack of consensus on yield of the DD may take years to go any significant damage. its also worth noting that it took almost a day of modifications just to fire the DD beam, during which time the UFP ships would be dying from the from the 40,000ish turbolasers mounted by the DS2 and the Imperial fleet and the superlaser

what emot-iiam.gif

That's Moron Boy's most honest reply yet. He admitted that his whole argument boils down to "because," just like most other fanatical adherents to fundamentalist religions.

If like see galaxy class main defector dish can do watch this videe form six minute and 65 secounds to about 8 minute and 24 secounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_Zb38JY8I&feature=related

. As we can see this vidoe the main defector dish can handle level Earth size planet Atmosphere that is turn plamas. We talk 9 Galaxy class starship fire with that kind fire power. I think safely say by by Death star.

As for the rest the fleet fire photon toropodes right in the middle all tie fighters then denated the photon toropodes. Do you have any ideal more 600 UFP starships could do to a fleet 40 star destoyers. They could just keep distance fire photon toropeds one pick off one by one. A hour at most it take for a fleet size to turn fleet 40 star destoyers scrap mental.

If like see galaxy class main defector dish can do watch this videe form six minute and 65 secounds to about 8 minute and 24 secounds

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

. As we can see this vidoe the main defector dish can handle level Earth size planet Atmosphere that is turn plamas. We talk 9 Galaxy class starship fire with that kind fire power. I think safely say by by Death star.
Unquantifiable treknobable. We can safely say It will do jack shit to the DeathStar

As for the rest the fleet fire photon toropodes right in the middle all tie fighters then denated the photon toropodes. Do you have any ideal more 600 UFP starships could do to a fleet 40 star destoyers. They could just keep distance fire photon toropeds one pick off one by one. A hour at most it take for a fleet size to turn fleet 40 star destoyers scrap mental.

In the Meanwhile the fleet will have been shot to hell by the 40,000+ turbolasers in the vicinity firing 2-3 times a second, which is 288million shots in an hour which assuming a 50% hit rate means every ST ship would be hit 229,665times in an hour which we can reduce by half or so since not all guns would always be able to hit them at all times. which would average out to about 2000 TL hits per minute, which at a low 5Mt/shot would mean every ship gets hit with 10gigatons of energy which is about 40 times greater than what the shields on a GCS can take. Or to translate every ship dies in 2 seconds

In the Meanwhile the fleet will have been shot to hell by the 40,000+ turbolasers in the vicinity firing 2-3 times a second, which is 288million shots in an hour which assuming a 50% hit rate means every ST ship would be hit 229,665times in an hour which we can reduce by half or so since not all guns would always be able to hit them at all times. which would average out to about 2000 TL hits per minute, which at a low 5Mt/shot would mean every ship gets hit with 10gigatons of energy which is about 40 times greater than what the shields on a GCS can take. Or to translate every ship dies in 2 seconds

Not that I agree with Jason about the DS going "Kaboom" because of 9 GCS, but where, praytell, did we see those 40 000+ Turbolasers firing 2-3 times per second in RotJ?

Not that I agree with Jason about the DS going "Kaboom" because of 9 GCS, but where, praytell, did we see those 40 000+ Turbolasers firing 2-3 times per second in RotJ?

That's what I was wondering. Plus the fact that they have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn. They're much more like cannons on a Galleon than the precisely targeted phasers we see in Trek.

30,000+ for the DeathStar, 4000+ for the Executor, the rest from the ISDs plus torpedoes and lasers, and we know from The Clone Wars that HTLs have high rates of fire

That's what I was wondering. Plus the fact that they have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn. They're much more like cannons on a Galleon than the precisely targeted phasers we see in Trek.
Already covered it, I only assumed a 50% hit rate which is generously low, and given how the fleet was clustered up until they were in the midst of the dominion fleet until they close with the star destroyers individual misses would likely hit another ship anyway(which I generously didnt count).

We do not see mass TL fire because of a few things. One, the DS2 was not completely built so they did not have all of the TLs installed. Second, they had their own ships in the attack so even if they were to use their TLs they could not use them to the fullest without hitting their own ships. Third, just because they may or may not have all TLs installed does not mean they will instantly fire every weapon available hoping to hit something even if it isn't in their field of view.

Jason, being a total loser and a very convincing argument for retro-active abortions and the castration of retards, thinks that blowing out the Deflector dish and consequently end up disabled of every GCS in their attempt to destroy A 900KM* BATTLESTATION!

Using the deflector dish as a weapon was shown to be a failure against the borg and they were much smaller than a DS2.

What is even worse is the fact that the Feds are not the Empire and would open hailing frequencies first and try to diplomacy first before attacking, whereas the Empire has no compunction in attacking the Feds outright. I can see the Fed fleet become decimated from the combined efforts of the DS2's SL and the ISDs and SSD.

Jason as usual has not thought clearly about this and also as usual falls flat on his face.

* I think it's diameter was 900km.

I can't disagree with a lot of this. A frontal assault on that kind of fleet would not be successful. Now, since you brought up the Borg, an assault on the DS by them would likely be a different matter.

I can't disagree with a lot of this. A frontal assault on that kind of fleet would not be successful. Now, since you brought up the Borg, an assault on the DS by them would likely be a different matter.

Maybe, maybe not. On an incomplete DS2? Probably. But a fully constructed DS2? I do not think so.

Which still shoots down InvaderSkooj's argument of the 40 000+ Turbolasers firing 2-3 times per second at such a fleet...

Which still doesn't help them much, unless the shields on the DS go down and a Fed fighter can blow it up...

In this scenario, where the fleet sent to retake DS9 is instead sent to destroy the DS, the fleet will have an easier time shooting down the DS's fleet, even with the SSD, but the DS will have fun blasting away those pesky Starfleet vessels...

If the DS's shields don't go down, the fleet will need to retreat or face annihilation...

If they do go down, though, a few well-placed volleys of Q-Torps and P-Torps on the super laser array may damage it enough for it to be less effective, if not completely useless...

But 9 GCS using their Deflectors as weapons blowing it up, while its shields are up?

Never in any number of years... Except, of course, in a wanker's cum-soaked dreams... whistle.gif

The things is that the major weakness with the Feds in this scenario is that they will not fire the first shot and will try to negotiate.

"I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise. I urge you to stop these hostili----"

DS2 fires it's SL at the E-E.

"This is Emperor Palpatine. Anyone else care to negotiate? Hmm? Anyone? Thought so."

The things is that the major weakness with the Feds in this scenario is that they will not fire the first shot and will try to negotiate.

"I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise. I urge you to stop these hostili----"

DS2 fires it's SL at the E-E.

"This is Emperor Palpatine. Anyone else care to negotiate? Hmm? Anyone? Thought so."

rofl.gif

The UFP negotiate first not always the case in Chain of command the USS Enterprise D want offensive to say the least. Also the UFP never that I know of send fleet like that to negotiate. By way one Galaxy class starship main defector dish might will have the power of Death star beam. 9 them would blast right thought shields of that destroy Death star that orbiting Endor. Fact Borg able with stand a the blast say nothing. The Borg if assimilate Dark Vader could take on Death Star.

The UFP negotiate first not always the case in Chain of command the USS Enterprise D want offensive to say the least. Also the UFP never that I know of send fleet like that to negotiate. By way one Galaxy class starship main defector dish might will have the power of Death star beam. 9 them would blast right thought shields of that destroy Death star that orbiting Endor. Fact Borg able with stand a the blast say nothing. The Borg if assimilate Dark Vader could take on Death Star.

Go fuck yourself. Are you fucking saying that a GCS has the firepower to blow up planets? You are fucking retarded. I wish, I truly wish I could run you out of this board and even the internet. Pray that we do not meet IRL because I might just stomp on your head.

I swear Jason is using Looney Tunes logic. Thinking a tiny firecracker has the same yield as a stick of dynamite. Fucking retard.

However, Enigma you do have to admit that your scenerio of the DS2 hitting the E-E with it's superlaser is just as far fetched. It takes a very long time to charge, and isn't easily aimed. The E-E would have to be outright disabled, floating dead in space to not move out of the way.