News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What known about Earth Defense systoms

First who said they did not.Borg ship may have adapt to weapons systom being using on Earth to defeand Earth.Watch this vidoe amount of time the we did not see the that borg excape pode from 2 minute and thirty secounds to 32 to 2minute and 29 secounds. 2 minute and thirty 38 secounds. That amount time the borg excape pode starship off screan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9St4xfg03EY&feature=PlayList&p=1D93E16CB252772F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

It possiable they did try to fire in that amount time.

First who said they did not.Borg ship may have adapt to weapons systom being using on Earth to defeand Earth.Watch this vidoe amount of time the we did not see the that borg excape pode from 2 minute and thirty secounds to 32 to 2minute and 29 secounds. 2 minute and thirty 38 secounds. That amount time the borg excape pode starship off screan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9St4xfg03EY&feature=PlayList&p=1D93E16CB252772F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

It possiable they did try to fire in that amount time.

That isn't proof. Doesn't matter if they adapted, they can still fire! Drop dead.

Given how we've never seen the earth defenses fight off anything, the borg, v'ger, whale probe, the breen.

All we can really say is the defenses are poor/ineffective

Although, as fas as I remember, we've never heard anything about Earth's defenses before DS9.

That could be because they were only installed prior to, or at the beginning of the Dominion War...

I've never seen any evidence of defenses in the TOS era (movies included).

So they may simply be late additions...

Unlikley because General Martok remarked on the daring of the act, saying "even my people never attempted that." Suggest around during Caption Kick days. Effective able to destory Kligon starship easily.My link

I was actually going to bring up that General Martok quote. The fact that the Klingons wouldn't even have dared attack Earth does show that there was some deterrent.

Knowing how tough Klingon warships are it shows that Earth Defense very effective to be able hold Klingon warship at bay.

I was actually going to bring up that General Martok quote. The fact that the Klingons wouldn't even have dared attack Earth does show that there was some deterrent.

Something in the back of my mind also suggests that there were mentions of them in TMP and TVH.

Only time heard of any Earth defense other in Star TErk deep space nine was lastest Star TERk movie.

Some but what kind exactly we do not know. The best deterrent they need is some sort of "Home Fleet". A fleet of shirt range but highly powerful ships stationed in Earth's orbit. They don't need to leave the system but patrol it. That and countless orbital platforms and ground based phaser cannons and planetary shielding.

This might be the kind of Earth surface defenses. Order for this to make any sense thought nearly have to be hundrend times more powerful. Being able to destory Breen capitil starship before even reach orbit.

Watch this vidoe one minute and 36 secounds to about one minute and fourty one secounds.

This might be the kind of Earth surface defenses we expect. Order for this to make any sense thought nearly have to be hundrend times more powerful and have a lot longer range hit target before reach earth orbit. longer range.. Being able to destory Breen capitil starship before even reach orbit.

This horse is dead...

Eat the carcass or let it rot, but don't beat it...