News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

If the Mars defense spacecafts like the Dreadnought missile how that effect the Star wars Empire invasion plan

Probably that Earth has good planetary defenses. Being that it's the capital of the Federation, it would stand to reason. But this should be obvious, so I'm not sure what good bringing it up does.

That what trying to say Earth defense better then defenses they have at Mars and else were. So Earth Mars defense spacecrafts as while near by.

That what trying to say Earth defense better then defenses they have at Mars and else were. So Earth Mars defense spacecrafts as while near by.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, of course Earth would have better defenses than Mars.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, of course Earth would have better defenses than Mars.

That depends, Mars is a likely place to base a system defense force out of. Odds are that most of the crap littering the earth-luna system does not extend that far, enabling ships to be in orbit without shields. Mars is also not likely to have a huge population. Once interstellar colonization is possible, there is very little reason to continue colonization efforts.

I'd turn Mars into a massive immigration/customs/naval facility. Every non-starfleet ship entering the inner system would have to stop there for customs.

Not to mention if you put your primary defensive facilities there, if someone blows them away, you have fewer civillian casualties. San Francisco remains a target, but perhaps ONLY SF gets glassed.

Also, I would suggest that a defensive shell around Mars orbit is just as good a placement as Earth orbit.

Ok then if you want see evidene Earth has some defense systom watch vidioe evidence on the minutes 9 and 8 secounds to about 9 minutes and 28 secounds. My link

What kind surface defense is unknown or why they did not us them against the borg cube but would thing using them try stop Domulian invaision fleet also unkown

Who cares about your videos? They do nothing but waste time, just like you breathing is a waste of time and effort. So stop it already!

Probably that Earth has good planetary defenses. Being that it's the capital of the Federation, it would stand to reason. But this should be obvious, so I'm not sure what good bringing it up does.

To have good defenses you'd have orbital weapons platforms and starships defending the planet 24\7. Earth has none of that except for those weak defense ships. The only hint of actual planetary defense capabilities being mentioned was in the nST movie. The only time that I remember of ships defending Earth is when Starfleet has had advance warning.

They also have massive space stations in Earth orbit even during the time of TNG. Here a pictor of oneUSS_Enterprise_approaches_Earth_Spacedock.jpg

Here were I got from My link

Again no reason to assmome that Earth does not have same kind combat spacecaft mars has.

I'm doing some research. It's not done yet, but I'm putting together some data on Earth defenses.

It isn't reasonable to think that a civilization would leave it's capitol completely open and undefended. Simply because it's not emphasized doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means it wasn't integral to the story. Relatively few episodes took place on or around Earth.

It isn't reasonable to think that a civilization would leave it's capitol completely open and undefended. Simply because it's not emphasized doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means it wasn't integral to the story. Relatively few episodes took place on or around Earth.
Yet the ones that do, the only real defense was calling for whatever Enterprise happened to be about