News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Airlocke

This shall be interesting

This is something that I have always found amusing.

In this topic you should list tv shows, movies, books, games, etc... that you absolutely love but are ashamed of.

I'll start:

Skins

Gilmore Girls (yeah, I know)

That's it for now.

Well I don't love it, its only okay (and no I'm not just saying that to appear manly), but Sex and the City, show and the movie i guess. At least it has nudity.

Certainly not as embarrassing as my liking Gilmore Girls....

I've watched Sex and the City before. Wasn't putrid, but definitely not my cup of tea.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>Certainly not as embarrassing as my liking Gilmore Girls....

I've watched Sex and the City before. Wasn't putrid, but definitely not my cup of tea.</div></div>What's the story behind that anyway, how did you get into Gilmore Girls.

For me and Sex and the City, well I already had HBO and it was around the time the movie came out (I did not see the movie in theaters) I figured I'd watch a couple of episodes to see what the big deal is. I never really found women led comedies to be that funny because they never focus too much on getting the laughs (at least from what I noticed), but it was funny enough (though its no Eastbound and Down or Hung) and interesting enough for me to keep watching. And then one time when I had the house to myself, I watched the movie (my mom already had it on DVD).

Please don't take away my man card.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>Certainly not as embarrassing as my liking Gilmore Girls....

I've watched Sex and the City before. Wasn't putrid, but definitely not my cup of tea.</div></div>What's the story behind that anyway, how did you get into Gilmore Girls.

For me and Sex and the City, well I already had HBO and it was around the time the movie came out (I did not see the movie in theaters) I figured I'd watch a couple of episodes to see what the big deal is. I never really found women led comedies to be that funny because they never focus too much on getting the laughs (at least from what I noticed), but it was funny enough (though its no Eastbound and Down or Hung) and interesting enough for me to keep watching. And then one time when I had the house to myself, I watched the movie (my mom already had it on DVD).

Please don't take away my man card.</div></div>

Simple. I was like fourteen or so when it first came out(several years ago), my mom was watching it, and I found Alexis Bledel attractive. I watched a few episodes and actually liked the humor, so I began to watch it with a certain regularity. I'll still watch it from time to time, even though the finale aired a couple years ago.

Man, I'm the last person who has the authority to revoke man cards. Trust me.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>This is something that I have always found amusing.

In this topic you should list tv shows, movies, books, games, etc... that you absolutely love but are ashamed of.

I'll start:

Skins

Gilmore Girls (yeah, I know)

That's it for now.</div></div>

i never saw skins. i love GG. Great dialogue, cute girl. Decent story. I own series on dvd.

Wow, I thought I was the only one. Skins is a British show. Third season just finished up, but it's all about the first two seasons. Only a total of 19 episodes, so it's not that big of an investment. Brilliant show. Generally a teenage girl type of thing, though.

It's on the BBC America. You should check it out.

Sex and the City

Gilmore Girls

Drop Dead Diva( I'm a sucker for body swappping movies/TV shows)

My wife loves Gilmore Girls but I hate it with a passion. A dramatic estrogen rich seinfeld. They talk but it is all about nothing.

But I do love the Popeye movie with Robin Williams. smile.gif

I can't believe I forgot Mean Girls. I mean, I'm not ashamed of it, but I do get weird looks when tell people that I liked it. That movie rocks the shit.

I like Mean Girls for the social commentary it contains, not for any merits of the movie itself. I like Pleasantville for the same reason.

I have another one. The pokemon games. Yeah....

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>I have another one. The pokemon games. Yeah....</div></div>Gen II remakes FTW!!!

Haha, They won't be released to me for another year or so... I would have to play a jap. import...not really into that.

I'm still playing Pearl, have almost all of them, atp.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>my dvd list.

http://members.cox.n...ma/dvdlist.html</div></div>

Is there anything that you don't like?

Seriously, that list had about the broadest range of interests I've ever seen. Incredible.

Movies, Games TV shows....I'd love to find a game I'm ashamed of. : )

Reality shows such as

America's next top model

Wife Swap

Bachelors/Bachelorette shows

I think it is because I like to people watch.

Made for TV B monster/horror/Sci-Fi movies. Although, I'm not sure if I'm actually ashamed or not. grin.gif

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>my dvd list.

Seriously, that list had about the broadest range of interests I've ever seen. Incredible.</div></div>

reality shows. Really Gorey stuff without humor or plot. a few other things.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>my dvd list.

Seriously, that list had about the broadest range of interests I've ever seen. Incredible.</div></div>

reality shows. Really Gorey stuff without humor or plot. a few other things.</div></div>

I actually did not expect a reply....that's cool, though. I agree with most of that, though I was thinking more towards genre and what not...

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>my dvd list.

reality shows. Really Gorey stuff without humor or plot. a few other things.</div></div>

I actually did not expect a reply....that's cool, though. I agree with most of that, though I was thinking more towards genre and what not...</div></div>

ah^_- thank you btw. for the before comment. I go for shows that I enjoy. I may like a lot of scifi and fantasy but i don't limit myself to genres. If it has a good plot, good acting,  and is enjoyable i tend to watch it.  True blood really made me sick. i like vampire stories but the sex mixed with gore threw me off.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>my dvd list.

I actually did not expect a reply....that's cool, though. I agree with most of that, though I was thinking more towards genre and what not...</div></div>

ah^_- thank you btw. for the before comment. I go for shows that I enjoy. I may like a lot of scifi and fantasy but i don't limit myself to genres. If it has a good plot, good acting,  and is enjoyable i tend to watch it.  True blood really made me sick. i like vampire stories but the sex mixed with gore threw me off.</div></div>

Sex and gore is what  attracted me to True Blood.

Ali-Sama, your list resembles mine (with the exception of the anime parts, I mostly have Ranma 1/2, Wings of Honneamise, Sol Bianca 1 & 2, Arislan, Ninja Scroll).

I also have pretty much any kind of movie, I've yet to find someone who didn't like anything I had (I have over 400 movies, plus series).

One question:

Forever Knight... Where'd you get it?

I loved that show, and have never seen it in DVD stores near my house.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>Ali-Sama, your list resembles mine (with the exception of the anime parts, I mostly have Ranma 1/2, Wings of Honneamise, Sol Bianca 1 & 2, Arislan, Ninja Scroll).

I also have pretty much any kind of movie, I've yet to find someone who didn't like anything I had (I have over 400 movies, plus series).

One question:

Forever Knight... Where'd you get it?

I loved that show, and have never seen it in DVD stores near my house.</div></div>

I got it from walmart, it was $19.99 they didn't have season 3 in store for that price so i still don't have that season. I will eventually.

*walks into room, head turned towards the floor, ashamed*

I like Mythbusters...................

Yes, I am serious. It is kind of sad.

Since LegendM mentioned Pokemon forever ago I will say I also like Pokemon, especially whatever version has May in it, and no this doesn't count as pedo either.

You know, you keep saying that. huh.gif