News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Praeothmin

The Rules and Regulations Discussion Thread

Allowed Topics

Any fight between two ships, or two groups of ships from opposite sides, with the same restrictions as with Duels. I.E. saying the E-E could warp away from a SSD is also an admission of defeat. The combatants can use Warp or Hyperdrive to gain a tactical advantage. BUT there is a fine line between maneuvering and running away, and moving outside your weapons' range is running away. NOTE: there is also a fine line between fleet maneuvers and campaign battles with definite goals. Please make this distinction explicit and in the first post.

Yeah, but what if one ship does have Weapons' range advantage, getting out of his opponent's gun range wouldn't be so much running as thinking strategically to gain an advantage...

Yeah, but what if one ship does have Weapons' range advantage, getting out of his opponent's gun range wouldn't be so much running as thinking strategically to gain an advantage...

And its not running away then. This was mostly to counter warsies who claim that hyperspace is the I WIN button.

And its not running away then. This was mostly to counter warsies who claim that hyperspace is the I WIN button.

Do you have one for the Trekkies that will surely claim "Warp Strafing for da winzzzz"?

harhar.gif

Most of these rules were fine. I have no problem re-working them for the current debate.

Too many new rule are suggest that not true we can time travel can be used strength and we can even know what effect have in Star Trek universe.

We saw just too much time travel in Star Trek for us to have ruled against. We know what happen in those other timeline. For that matter a little bit time travel and the UFP could have technology Yesterday Enterprise Universe.

Any and all allies are possible in Star Trek universe name one that could not happen. The Borg and USS Voyager can fight side by side. Then no allies can be rule out. Or even call unlikely because that most unlikely group allies if asks me.

In Star trek universe no such thing Neutral Super Being. If it bottom push right get right into the fighting and with some star war fans suggestion the Empire try take Milk Way Galaxy they going to have hell to deal with.

What one person may see as strengths evidence another may see as weak evidence.

Shell I go on words.

Too many new rule are suggest that not true we can time travel can be used strength and we can even know what effect have in Star Trek universe.

We saw just too much time travel in Star Trek for us to have ruled against. We know what happen in those other timeline. For that matter a little bit time travel and the UFP could have technology Yesterday Enterprise Universe.

Because the outcomes of the time travel scenarios are SOOOOO predictable. Jesus Christ. Nobody even knows what was butterflied in those events. Hell, that would be a decent way to clean up continuity, actually.

Hell, I know we've talked about ENT being a separate continuity from the main ST many times. The number of retcons (such as the changing dates for WWIII and the Eugenics wars) make perfect fodder for that kind of thinking.

So you will now kindly prove that ST has any way of controlled time travel, you stupid troll.

Any and all allies are possible in Star Trek universe name one that could not happen. The Borg and USS Voyager can fight side by side. Then no allies can be rule out. Or even call unlikely because that most unlikely group allies if asks me.

And that broke down as soon as the threat disappeared. Are you just that stupid that you don't get it? An alliance like that is going to break IN THE MIDDLE OF HOSTILITIES. As soon as one side thinks it can play the other off for a better position for itself.

In Star trek universe no such thing Neutral Super Being. If it bottom push right get right into the fighting and with some star war fans suggestion the Empire try take Milk Way Galaxy they going to have hell to deal with.

Quite right, most of them are hostile. Everyone's favorite "neutral super being" is by far the most likely reason for said conflict to start. He enjoys it.

What one person may see as strengths evidence another may see as weak evidence.

Shell I go on words.

No, I'd honestly like you to shut up, grow up, learn a little science and reasoning, and come back as a functional human being.

The R&R topic is just for everyone to read and understand it. Any complainst\comments\anal licking is to be done here and not clutter the R&R thread. Unless I'm overridden anyone that continues to post in that thread will have it moved here. Continued posting in the R&R thread (Questor is excluded since this is his baby. smile.gif ) even after I've said not to will have their posts massacred beyond recognition. If you continue to ignore me then you would have to be Jason and then I'll either delete your post or some other appropriate punishment (like what I've done to Jason).

I'm not being mean but it isn't fair for those wanting to read the R&R but instead have to go through mounds of bullshit in order to get to the good stuff.

Discuss!

The R&R topic is just for everyone to read and understand it. Any complainst\comments\anal licking is to be done here and not clutter the R&R thread. Unless I'm overridden anyone that continues to post in that thread will have it moved here. Continued posting in the R&R thread (Questor is excluded since this is his baby. smile.gif ) even after I've said not to will have their posts massacred beyond recognition. If you continue to ignore me then you would have to be Jason and then I'll either delete your post or some other appropriate punishment (like what I've done to Jason).

I'm not being mean but it isn't fair for those wanting to read the R&R but instead have to go through mounds of bullshit in order to get to the good stuff.

Discuss!

Thanks Enigma, I was just about to ask a mod to split this.

Also, next post in the R&R thread is by far the funniest.

please note that obviously e-mailing isn't necessary anymore tongue.gif

EDIT: It goes here. smile.gif

Another good example super being take sides. Wornhole aliens now Caption SIsco is one of them. What makes you think he could not talk them in to taking the UFP sides major war.

As for time trave here another example borg cause problems for the UFP early. Tons upper grades never happen in the normal timeline NX class starship. Shell I go into all of them one by one.

Another good example super being take sides. Wornhole aliens now Caption SIsco is one of them. What makes you think he could not talk them in to taking the UFP sides major war.

Q would destroy them for ruining his fun?

As for time trave here another example borg cause problems for the UFP early. Tons upper grades never happen in the normal timeline NX class starship. Shell I go into all of them one by one.

Ðикто не может понÑÑ‚ÑŒ, потому что вы не можете Ñоздать ÑоответÑтвующие мыÑли

Discuss!

I'm fine with this. No deleting. Just move the posts here.

I'm fine with this. No deleting. Just move the posts here.

But I reserve the chance to viciously violate (use your imagination) on those who would constantly ignore it. smile.gif

But I reserve the chance to viciously violate (use your imagination) on those who would constantly ignore it. smile.gif

Of course. This goes without saying.