News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Galaxy class starship main defector dish as a weapon

Intrepidstarship not the sames a Galaxy class starships and no cannon evidince that it can split into. Also Galaxy class forward shields were at 58% full power few hours after using the Main Defector dish as a weapon.

Intrepidstarship not the sames a Galaxy class starships and no cannon evidince that it can split into. Also Galaxy class forward shields were at 58% full power few hours after using the Main Defector dish as a weapon.

You are a fucking moron. A complete retard with one brain cell is smarter than you. Deflector shielding is necessary for space flight and in no way relates to splitting starships. All ships have and constantly use deflector shields or else they need to constantly have the (battle) shields on.

I told you to see what the effect of an inoperable deflector dish has on a starship while in flight. I told you to watch "Year of Hell" to see it in effect. It doesn't matter if it is a one piece Intrepid, a two piece Galaxy or a three piece Prometheus. They all disintegrate the same way.

So in your quote "According to that picture that shows Stardrive defector shields they do not seem go beyond middle part of Galaxy class starship. It would unlike cover very little if any part section saucer of a Galaxy class starship." is incorrect as this does not involve deflector shields but the battle type shielding. Get it right.

Not true read the this My link and you may be mistake by the Navigational deflector dish. Read this page to see why I think you are mistaken. http://memory-alpha....ional_deflector

You idiot! Deflector shielding\deflector dish\navigational deflector shielding are all of the same and if you paid any attention to the link you posted, it is exactly what I said. It is to deflect anything in the ship's way in a non combat role. IT IS ON ALL THE TIME! IT IS NEVER LOWERED UNLESS THE CAPTAIN HAS A DEATH WISH!

This is the first paragraph from the link you posted.

The navigational deflector (also called the deflector dish, the deflector array or the nav deflector) is a component of many starships, and is used to deflect space debris, asteroids, microscopic particles and other objects that might collide with the ship. At warp speed the deflector is virtually indispensable for most starships as even the most minute particle can cause serious damage to a ship when it is traveling at superluminal velocities. (VOYcry.gif "Alliances")

Are you completely and utterly devoid of any intelligence? Do I ha...ve to br....ea....k up al...l of my wo....rd...s so yo...u ca...n un....der...sta.....nd wh....at I am wr....iti.....ng?

Deflector shields are not the shields used in combat. Every starship has a shield grid designed for combat.

How old are you Jason? 5? 7? 9? You cannot possibly be an adult for you are too dense.

You posted wrong. The shielding you mentioned are the battle variant and not the one that is used for navigation.

I swear, if you get any more dense, you'd collapse and form a black hole.

Here's some quotes from BoBW Pt2 script.

RIKER

... and as we anticipated, the

blast burned out the main

navigational deflector... we also

have damage to shields and the

reactor core.

GEORDI

We should be back up in eight to

twelve hours, Admiral.

The warp reactor where Geordi and Shelby are

supervising repairs, checking panels, sensors...

GEORDI

Engine control processors are back

up...

SHELBY

Accelerator coils are responding

normally...

GEORDI

Forward shields at fifty-eight

percent... aft shields --

(reacts as he studies

sensors)

Sensors must be down...

SHELBY

Checking... sensors are fine...

no, aft shields have completely

failed... dammit... auxiliary

generators are out again...

SHELBY

The main navigational deflector

is functional again... Sherbourne

and Barclay are running through

the final testing sequence now...

RIKER

The warp reactor core?

SHELBY

Reconstruction is proceeding

normally... it's slow work. If

we can nail down this shield

generator problem, I agree with

La Forge... we should be at

operating capacity in two or three

hours...

Deflectors were working yet the shield generators (aft) were malfunctioning and the ship only forward shields at 58% (and it was up to that point since they started repairs). It took them from a minimum of ten hours to up to fifteen hours for the ship to be at operating capacity. Deflectors are not combat shields. They are navigational shields.

Do you remember soft spots in Star Terk first contact on the Borg cube? How many Photon torpedoes would take to make hole that big on a Borg cube. The main defector dish would had to give off that kind of bag to able to destroy a Borg cube.

What the hell are you talking about? How does this have to do with the fact that you cannot differentiate deflector shielding and battle shielding?

Plus what you just said means nothing since the Federation had advance their offensive and defensive capabilities since BoBW, plus the fact that they had Picard who was able to tap into the Borg Collective and find their weak spots. Something they didn't have during BoBW. Without Picard, they would have lost. Besides, the nav deflector wasn't designed that way as a weapon as the last time they did that, they were stranded for several hours making repairs.

Also Jason, it is DEFLECTOR not DEFECTOR.

Like said before the Galaxy class starships forward shields down to 58%.

Not down to 58%. UP to 58% and that was after almost half a day spent in repairs. Also, it is the Enterprise not Galaxy class starships. Just because the E-D could do it, it doesn't mean all of the other ships of the same type would end up with the same result.

You idiot! Deflector shielding\deflector dish\navigational deflector shielding are all of the same and if you paid any attention to the link you posted, it is exactly what I said. It is to deflect anything in the ship's way in a non combat role. IT IS ON ALL THE TIME! IT IS NEVER LOWERED UNLESS THE CAPTAIN HAS A DEATH WISH!

This is the first paragraph from the link you posted.

Are you completely and utterly devoid of any intelligence? Do I ha...ve to br....ea....k up al...l of my wo....rd...s so yo...u ca...n un....der...sta.....nd wh....at I am wr....iti.....ng?

Deflector shields are not the shields used in combat. Every starship has a shield grid designed for combat.

How old are you Jason? 5? 7? 9? You cannot possibly be an adult for you are too dense.

You posted wrong. The shielding you mentioned are the battle variant and not the one that is used for navigation.

I swear, if you get any more dense, you'd collapse and form a black hole.

I believe he has said that he is a 25 year old disabled person. Might have been in the Isd curbstomp thread. Here it is. Post 86.

http://www.clubasvs.net/forum/index.php/topic/188-isd-curbstomps-the-enterprise/page__st__80

I believe he has said that he is a 25 year old disabled person. Might have been in the Isd curbstomp thread. Here it is. Post 86.

http://www.clubasvs....se/page__st__80

I see but disabled in what way? Physical or mental or both? Still why start or participate in a debate if you cannot understand what is going on?

Ask him.

Well the question is already out there. It is up to him to reply.

The warp core of the USS Voyager "is fueled by a matter/antimatter reaction, which produces a maximum output of 4,000 teradynes per second providing faster-than-light propulsion. I got this information from think linkMy link.While I know Galaxy class starship warpdrive most likley give off little smell amount enengy a maximum output. Not be by that much. About my disable it PDD.

Wow! I un-ignore you to see why you resurrected this, and its the funniest one yet!

dyne = g/cm/s^2

Voyager power output = 4x10^16 dyne

(Using your favorite source) Voyager Mass = 7x10^5 Metric Tons

7x10^5 Metric Tons = 1.4x10^9 kg = 1.4x10^12 g

(4x10^16 g/cm/s^2)/(1.4x10^12 g)=2857.1428 cm/s^2

2857.1428 cm/sec^2 = 2.8571428 m/s^2

(2.8571428 m/s^2)/(9.80665 m/s^2) = .291347 g

I would like to thank Jason for allowing me to prove that the Federation's fastest starship's accelleration is not high enough to reach orbit, much less do anything much in space.

You are officially un-ignored until you stop being entertaining again.

EDIT: I know that Dyne is a unit of force, rather than power, but I'm going to assume that this is the force capable of being exerted by the engines. I am also going to assume that this is net of any mass lightening effect, as otherwise the number is meaningless.

My link

GEORDI

We have a matter/antimatter warp

reaction system, the most powerful

in Starfleet... normally kicks

plasma up into the terawatt

range... what are you thinking

about?

My link

GEORDI

We have a matter/antimatter warp

reaction system, the most powerful

in Starfleet... normally kicks

plasma up into the terawatt

range... what are you thinking

about?

This could no be more off topic.

No give us the amount of power that could be sending to main defector dish into the Galaxy class main defector dish. If the warp cores can generation about terawatt worth of normal times this means. This means the Galaxy class warp drive can generation more power more power if call on a lot more power for that matter. I did not think USS Enterprise D going at warp 9 normal.

Geordi said need real power warp drive in order make main defector dish weapon work.

Read this scrip did not believe me.

GEORDI

We're close. Few hours maybe...

(before Riker has to

tell him)

I know I'll get it done in two...

somehow... but Commander, I need

serious power from the warp

engines to make this weapon work.

We're using all we've got just

to keep up with them...

Here the link got it fromMy link

Notice that he completely ignores my demolition of his previous point.

He keeps making ridiculous no-limits assumptions, and the fact that he has no idea WHAT a terawatt and teradyne are make it even funnier.

Here's a homework assignment for him...

What's the most powerful laser in operation on the planet earth right now? (Hint: as much as it pains the Aggie in me to say it, it is at ut.)

What's the power output 1 TW translate to in terms of explosions?

EDIT: BTW: Is this an admission that photon torpedoes have a total power output of less than one TW, 'cus I think you should check with the other people on this board before you admit that.

He's pretty much ignored the whole damn thread. I think at this point he's having a running conversation with himself.

I suggested this to him once...He ignored and started arguing a different point. Smiley-Facepalm.gif

But theres 5 billion gigawatts in there rolleyes.gif

Uh, NOOoooooo. That is 5 BaJILLION Gigawatts. HUUUUUUGE difference. rolleyes.gif

He's pretty much ignored the whole damn thread. I think at this point he's having a running conversation with himself.

I think he's ignored reality all together. He's in his own little world. Quite fitting. smile.gif

1 terawatt = 10,000,000,000,000 watts in power.

Name of the most power laser in world right now NIF.