News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Galaxy class starship main defector dish as a weapon

How come after the USS Enterprise D used main defector dish as a weapon against the Borg cube shields down to about 58%

Wasn't this discussed in another thread? Smiley-Facepalm.gif

Probably. But I see no reason we can't discuss it again.

How come after the USS Enterprise D used main defector dish as a weapon against the Borg cube shields down to about 58%

Wasn't the frequency modulated? If so then the Borg wasn't able to adapt to it in time. If the E-D just kept firing then they would have knocked out their shields, I think.

Wasn't the frequency modulated? If so then the Borg wasn't able to adapt to it in time. If the E-D just kept firing then they would have knocked out their shields, I think.

I am talk about USS Entperise D shields forward shields down to 58% that weapon no effect on the borg cube.

I am talk about USS Entperise D shields forward shields down to 58% that weapon no effect on the borg cube.

You weren't clear before. We can speculate that there was a feedback\splashback resulting in shield damage or that power was being shunted from shields to the deflector so the longer they fired the deflector dish the more energy being drained away from the shields?

You weren't clear before. We can speculate that there was a feedback\splashback resulting in shield damage or that power was being shunted from shields to the deflector so the longer they fired the deflector dish the more energy being drained away from the shields?

I take the feedback damage to the shields as much more likley. Because they talked about shield damamge.

Basically they did something that the deflector shield wasn't built for. Not exactly handy in battle if it is going to trash your shields. smile.gif

As I mentioned in a previous thread, the phaser blast may not have been the cause. IIRC, The Enterprise's shields had been taken down in the initial encounter with the Borg in that episode, and Giordi was just now getting them back up, and was not capable of restoring them to full power. The 58% could be all that Giordi was able to restore. I would have to watch the episode again, but I am pretty sure about this.

That might make sense for the fact back shields off line. We also most remember that Commander Riker said that we had got damage to our shields and burn main defector dish and warpcore from using that weapon. It also would not take more 24 for hours for them to got back full shield strongth.

Jason, you've been smacked around on this before.

Please demonstrate that the damage came from splash damage, rather than feedback damage internal to the ship.

Maybe you should stop smacking him around so much. He's already barely coherent.

Hey, I'm this [] [] close to misting his posts.

lol

Well, maybe I overstepped my bounds as a moderator a little bit. The last thing I want to do is alienate posters.

But as Colosseum from Shipbucket can tell you there's nothing more frustrating than someone who can barely type coherently.

Actually, I didn't realize that was in Mod mode.

Backing off now.

You theory on feed back energy goes so far. The Saucer part of the Galaxy class starship has it own shields. The Star drive part of a Galaxy class starship has it own shields as will. What you did say about feedback damage internal to the ship explains why Galaxy class starship did not have any shields in it back because of it because Star drive did take a lot of damage. But forward shields were at 58% meaning something had to have damage the Saucer section of the shields.

You theory on feed back energy goes so far. The Saucer part of the Galaxy class starship has it own shields. The Star drive part of a Galaxy class starship has it own shields as will. What you did say about feedback damage internal to the ship explains why Galaxy class starship did not have any shields in it back because of it because Star drive did take a lot of damage. But forward shields were at 58% meaning something had to have damage the Saucer section of the shields.

A) Why do you think that there is not an interconnect between the stardrive and the saucer?

cool.gif How do you know that 42% of the "forward shields" are not provided by emitters in the stardrive section?

Words form GEORDI

Geordi said"Just the man I need.(to Riker)We're having problems with the aft shields... generators are

going on and off line... I could use your help, Worf... From the scrip it self.

Words form GEORDI

Geordi said"Just the man I need.(to Riker)We're having problems with the aft shields... generators are

going on and off line... I could use your help, Worf... From the scrip it self.

1) It would really help me follow the train of logic if you quoted the part of my post you are replying to.

2) How does that address my point, other than providing evidence that there is damage across all arcs, not just to the forward ones. This point actually supports my interpretation of events.

See why I do not buy your agruement. Go to this site File:Galaxy_class_deflector_shield.jpg See why I did not buy your arguement.

See why I do not buy your agruement. Go to this site http://memory-alpha.org/en/index.php?title=File:Galaxy_class_deflector_shield.jpg&limit=20&showall=0#filehistory

See why I did not buy your arguement.

What does that picture have to do with the price of tea in China?

You are going to have to elucidate your argument.

According to that picture that shows Stardrive defector shields they do not seem go beyond middle part of Galaxy class starship. It would unlike cover very little if any part section saucer of a Galaxy class starship.

The deflector shields is meant for the entire ship not just the stardrive section or else if the ship went to warp the saucer section would've disintegrated. Deflector shields is separate than the shields used for combat.

Both the saucer section and star drive had own shields generators. Because Saucer section can hold off a attack and buying time for Star dive to escape. Star drive has aft shields and some ventral shielding while to are together Saucer section hold forward and shields and some of ventral shielding.

yes but they are separate from deflector shields and also serve a different purpose. Watch the Voyager ep. "Year of Hell" and see what happens to a ship without deflector shielding.