News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Proposed board changes

Should the Versus subforums be consolidated?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Versus subforums be consolidated?

• Yes, combine them into a single forum.
    • No, leave them as is.

I will be adding a new forum called "The Mental Gymnasium". It's a forum where we bend over backward to reconcile inconsistencies and plot holes in various sci-fi universes within canon. In doing this, I would like to avoid "board sprawl", (too many forums, too few posters) so I am asking for a vote on the following matter. Should I consolidate the Versus debates subforums into a single section, instead of having a separate Star Trek vs Star Wars section and Other Versus Debates section? I feel that this would increase the variety of topics by not requiring them to be pigeonholed into one section or the other. I will be adding the Mental Gymnasium tonight, I will give this poll a week before I make a decision on the consolidation.

• Like 1

I think its pretty silly to have separate forums for Star Trek vs Star Wars and everything else when only 1 has an active topic at any given time if that and in extreme cases I might vaguely recall seeing 1 in each. Given that ST vs SW is the name of the board I can sort of understand wanting to hang on to a forum with that name but having one sitting virtually unused for legacy reasons only seems a bit sad and unnecessary.

I tend to agree. Thank you for elaborating. Also, those of you voting, please explain why you voted whichever way.

Not enough activity to justify different boards for different types of debates. It would be a tremendous idea to consolidate the forums until there is enough activity to justify having both.

I voted the way I did because I wanted to. There is my explanation.

I like to maintain a tidy computer. I personally think therefore the interface should be streamlined and neat. Star Wars and Star Trek are the most popular franchises, but I feel interest has been no greater than the Other forum. And personally, I like to compare other things just as much as these two.

I therefore vote to combine.

Will they be merged under a generalized VS title? Or under a title like "ST vs SW and other VS debates"?

It would be more along the lines of "St vs SW and other VS debates"

Alright, I've given it more than a week. I will be merging the VS forums. I would like input on the name for the new combined forum. Ideas? And, no Airlocke, I will not be calling it "This where the fucking debates be" :p