News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Were SW's Galactic Empire to enter the ST Milky Way's Alpha Quadrant DURING the Dominion War.

Hmmm...I've come across many a b-board where folks say the Galactic Empire would SIDE with the Dominion verse the UFP & its allies. I must disagree with that assumption. Emperor Palpatine, being "evil", would love to seduce the "good" Federation, as that's what Sith & their kind are good at, &/or seek to do.

So, the naive & desperate UFP & friends would invite with open arms these new extragalactic advanced allies, offering, out of their altruism, to help the UFP & friends defeat the evil genocidal Dominion.

Where, and HOW, does the SW Galaxy's Rebel Alliance fit into all &/or ANY of this, assuming they'd even BE in & apart of this crossover situation? Be tragically IRONIC if the Rebel Alliance misread & misunderstood the Dominion, SIDING with THEM against the GE/UFP & Friends Super-Alliance.

A few months down the road after Cardassia had been turned into an asteroid field, & the Founders' Homeworld II obliterated, FOR REAL, this time, & the Jem'Hadar are EXTINCT, followed by mass Vorta suicides, & what little surviving Founders facing either VERY GOOD HIDING, or eradication, plus the mass annexations & annhialations, such as the Borg ALSO being WIPED OUT by the Empire, the UPF would realize TOO LATE their lack of vision.

Ya know, Admiral Breetai on Starfleet Jedi is writing a fanfic that pretty much has part of this as it's plot, only, it's set after the Dominion War, and the GE isn't nearly as wanked.

As for the Empire crushing the Borg? In your dreams.

GE won't side with the Dominion just for one simple reason, they are aliens and the UFP is largely a human run government. Remember that the GE are xenophobes. smile.png

Where might a wormhole connecting the SW Galaxy of long, long ago and FAR FAR AWAY with the ST Milky Way of the 24th Century be located?

emot-iiam.gif

The GE would probably side with the Federation initially and would probably use the war as an excuse to assert control over the alpha quadrant. By the time the war ended, they'd likely be too entrenched in the Federation political system for the Federation to resist them.

SW Empire allies UFP over Dominion. However hardly such important thing for reasons Dominion may-ways more powerful Empire. Not like Empire afford throw full weight into being with. Rebel other outside threat limmit man power and resource throw in. Not like the SW Empire total useless. Star War Empire great deal resource that UFP could build starships and star destroyer big enough act mobile shipyard. UFP might not need Romulus help or even Klingon for that matter with SW Empire. UFP fleet able to fight Dominion on it own. UFP fleet size of 100,000 starship since single Star destroyer about size of 10 Galaxy class starships. So UFP and Klingon SW Empire over run Dominion.

Where might a wormhole connecting the SW Galaxy of long, long ago and FAR FAR AWAY with the ST Milky Way of the 24th Century be located?

emot-iiam.gif

Cleveland.

SW Empire allies UFP over Dominion. However hardly such important thing for reasons Dominion may-ways more powerful Empire. Not like Empire afford throw full weight into being with. Rebel other outside threat limmit man power and resource throw in. Not like the SW Empire total useless. Star War Empire great deal resource that UFP could build starships and star destroyer big enough act mobile shipyard. UFP might not need Romulus help or even Klingon for that matter with SW Empire. UFP fleet able to fight Dominion on it own. UFP fleet size of 100,000 starship since single Star destroyer about size of 10 Galaxy class starships. So UFP and Klingon SW Empire over run Dominion.

Proof that the UFP have a fleet of 100,000 starships. The Feds were not able to defeat the Dominion on their own and they've admitted it. They were getting their asses handed to them even after the Klingons were helping them against the Dominion. I think Paul wants to know who's your supplier. smile.png

Proof that the UFP have a fleet of 100,000 starships. The Feds were not able to defeat the Dominion on their own and they've admitted it. They were getting their asses handed to them even after the Klingons were helping them against the Dominion. I think Paul wants to know who's your supplier. smile.png

Jason is smoking crack as usual. Memory Alpha shows only speculation about it's size, as there never was any hard numbers given. Ronald D. Moore stated: "Regarding the quantity of starships Starfleet had in use in the late 2370s, Moore commented, "I wouldn't be surprised if Starfleet had 30,000 ships or so." (AOL chat, 1997) This was based on reasoning that the USS Hood has a registry of NCC-42296 while the USS Voyager is NCC-74656." That's just a guess, the real number is probably less. Still, nowhere near 100,000.

Plus, with a 100 000 ships, the 2800 ships coming through the Wormhole to re-inforce the Dominion side would not have mattered much...

Well with SW Empire help the UFP could build 100,000 starships.

Well with SW Empire help the UFP could build 100,000 starships.

No because the Empire would not wait around decades for the Feds to get their crap together. Once the Empire comes into play, the war will be short lived.

Jason is smoking crack as usual. Memory Alpha shows only speculation about it's size, as there never was any hard numbers given. Ronald D. Moore stated: "Regarding the quantity of starships Starfleet had in use in the late 2370s, Moore commented, "I wouldn't be surprised if Starfleet had 30,000 ships or so." (AOL chat, 1997) This was based on reasoning that the USS Hood has a registry of NCC-42296 while the USS Voyager is NCC-74656." That's just a guess, the real number is probably less. Still, nowhere near 100,000.

Registry numbers mean diddly squat in regards to ship numbers. Prometheus was a newer ship yet it had a registry number smaller than Voyager's. We already know that ships have changed their registry numbers before. Remember Defiant's replacement?

Even if we are to assume that Starfleet has around 30,000 ships, we do not know if that include lesser support ships or not.

Registry numbers mean diddly squat in regards to ship numbers. Prometheus was a newer ship yet it had a registry number smaller than Voyager's. We already know that ships have changed their registry numbers before. Remember Defiant's replacement?

Even if we are to assume that Starfleet has around 30,000 ships, we do not know if that include lesser support ships or not.

I'm not saying *I* think that number is correct, I was just providing a quote from someone making a high end guess. My point was, even a high end guess is far less than what Jason is proposing.

No because the Empire would not wait around decades for the Feds to get their crap together. Once the Empire comes into play, the war will be short lived.

The Star War Empire able provide help like you suggestion out question follow reason first and for-must they still rebel maybe other outside threats to worry about. You think going send entire Imperial fleet to fight someone else war and be left skeleton fleet fight rebels and so other threats. Beside if Jem Harder wellness win war at all cost in could bug ship rammed star destroyers the Empire losing entire fleet worth star destroyers.It likely lead Empire be over power much early rebel. Yoda and Obi could well be once restart Jedi order have Empire gone this timeline if you put charge. Luke first jedi knight trained with Lisa and Death star never be completed.

I'm not saying *I* think that number is correct, I was just providing a quote from someone making a high end guess. My point was, even a high end guess is far less than what Jason is proposing.

I am not say number UFP had 100,000 starship normal timeline if SW Galactic Empire took UFP side I could see that happen again misunderstand on what I was saying.

The Star War Empire able provide help like you suggestion out question follow reason first and for-must they still rebel maybe other outside threats to worry about. You think going send entire Imperial fleet to fight someone else war and be left skeleton fleet fight rebels and so other threats. Beside if Jem Harder wellness win war at all cost in could bug ship rammed star destroyers the Empire losing entire fleet worth star destroyers.It likely lead Empire be over power much early rebel. Yoda and Obi could well be once restart Jedi order have Empire gone this timeline if you put charge. Luke first jedi knight trained with Lisa and Death star never be completed.

I am not say number UFP had 100,000 starship normal timeline if SW Galactic Empire took UFP side I could see that happen again misunderstand on what I was saying.

Oh. So you're saying that there would be 100,000 ships if the GE joined the UFP?

Oh. So you're saying that there would be 100,000 ships if the GE joined the UFP?

Yes

Well...... they could but it would be to the Feds detriment. The Empire has millions of warships, so in a sense bringing 70,000 to 80,000 (assuming that the Federation has a fleet of 20,000 to 30,000 starships) isn't that much for the Empire.

Well...... they could but it would be to the Feds detriment. The Empire has millions of warships, so in a sense bringing 70,000 to 80,000 (assuming that the Federation has a fleet of 20,000 to 30,000 starships) isn't that much for the Empire.

Just so we're on the same page here, what source claims millions of warships for the Empire? I see a reference in Wookiepedia, but there is no source listed. Preferably something more reliable than a comic book or a tabletop RPG, please.

No source I've ever seen, and I have two SW technical manuals at home (New Essential Guides to Vehicles & Vessels, and Weapons & Technology), as well as nine novels, and the Encyclopedia. Not to mention, founded on the Republic, the Empire would be hard-pressed to get those millions of ships, which were produced by various companies (Seinar Fleet Systems, Kuat Drive Yards, etc.) After all, the Republic was nearly bankrupted by the purchase of only 5 million clones. Not to mention the Death Star only having a crew of about a million, despite being utterly massive.

Although, if we allow "millions of ships" to include TIE Fighters, it's possible that they could have that many.

No source I've ever seen, and I have two SW technical manuals at home (New Essential Guides to Vehicles & Vessels, and Weapons & Technology), as well as nine novels, and the Encyclopedia. Not to mention, founded on the Republic, the Empire would be hard-pressed to get those millions of ships, which were produced by various companies (Seinar Fleet Systems, Kuat Drive Yards, etc.) After all, the Republic was nearly bankrupted by the purchase of only 5 million clones. Not to mention the Death Star only having a crew of about a million, despite being utterly massive.

Although, if we allow "millions of ships" to include TIE Fighters, it's possible that they could have that many.

I think over simple-fining 5 million clones that on topic other clone Republic that episode. The Empire also have resources both sides of clone wars put together. They also allow slave labor allow starships cost less per ship. The Empire tie fighter cost less because did not have shield,life support or hyper drive mean both cheaper to build and maintain. Then of course moth ball fleet old star destroyer used during the Clone wars. I say Empire might have few thousand them survival he war. It possible Empire have few hundred thousand makeshift warship. All star destroyers that Empire used during that war rebel build after Clone wars. Again Empire might well have million warships problem is must of them make-sift warships. Problem 90% make-sift warships more design carry cargo then fight a war. If we going count them then UFP like has able million warships to just must make-sift warships as well. Empire sending hundred star destroyer not going to make that much different when come war