News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Is Hoth a winter planet all year?

Or does it become an ocean planet half the year with climates ranging from humid tropical to arid Mediterranean due to an eccentric yo-yo orbit?

emot-iiam.gif

PS: Ditto for Rura Penthe, Delta Vega from Trek '09, & any other winter wonderworlds.

Here's another question:

What do wampa's eat? If it's tauntauns, what do they eat?

Who known maybe Tauntauns are native to Hoth they survival on Hoth.

That does not answer the question of what a horse sized warm blooded animal EATS!!!!

That does not answer the question of what a horse sized warm blooded animal EATS!!!!

Frozen poop and bugs.mysterysolved.gif

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that tauntauns eat moss and lichens.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that tauntauns eat moss and lichens.

I'm pretty sure thats wrong. Tauntauns look too cool to be hippie, plant eaters. More likely they are badass bug and poop eaters.

Well, they eat some kind of grain-like substance, of course. Something easy for the rebels to get their hands on. Nothing that can be found on Hoth. Taun-tauns cannot be native to Hoth. Despite their thick fur and body fat, the cold still killed Han's Taun-taun. I'm sorry, but an animal native to those conditions would not die from the normal weather conditions. Also, the rebels kept their pens inside their base. If the Tauntaun's were native to Hoth, why not keep the pen outisde, and avoid having that horrible smell Han keeps complaining about spread throughout the base. I'mma call Wookiepedia's bullshit on this one.

Wookiepeidia is a good resource, but it has a bad tendency to do what DITL does. It isn't very good about separating it's sources. It's often difficult to distinguish speculation and low canon (EU) sources from high canon sources (G and T). They kind of mush it all together.

Quit applying logic to sci-fi. That's how you end up like me,

You mean bad-tempered and always pissed off? tongue.gif

Wookiepeidia is a good resource, but it has a bad tendency to do what DITL does. It isn't very good about separating it's sources. It's often difficult to distinguish speculation and low canon (EU) sources from high canon sources (G and T). They kind of mush it all together.

I feel it's better at DITL, since yellow colored info is canon, green-colored is backstage and white is speculation...

Wookiepedia doesn't have that...