News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What role would the intellegnce community in UFP and Star War Empire play in the war fight againist each other

So rebel did information about Death star existed though force it no evidence get blue print Death star thought force. My link

That across guessing Force Unleash is G cannon

Lucas is also DIRECTLY involved in the writing and production of TCW. He considers that his baby. He literally micromanages the series like he did his movies, yet that's considered "T" canon. Somehow, TFU is supposed to be higher? I doubt that. I would say if anything, it's on par with TCW as T canon. You also notice, that quote was written BEFORE TCW premiered. This was before the T canon level was created. At that time there was only G canon and glorified fanfiction (C canon). Notice all these articles are from 2008.

True, it probably would count as T-canon now. Half of this is old pent-up rage at people calling the EU non-canon.

And after learning that the Empire has a weapon that can one-shot a planet, you don't the Rebellion would turn all their intel resources to trying to find it's blueprints? Remember that the Rebels had very good contacts within the Bothan spynet, which was the best in the galsxy (with the possible exception of the Black Sun spynet)

I can second that, and Khas can "third" it...

Khas linked an article a few weeks back to KSW where GL does indeed state that TFU is part of the SW Canon, not the EU...

I can second that, and Khas can "third" it...

Khas linked an article a few weeks back to KSW where GL does indeed state that TFU is part of the SW Canon, not the EU...

Certainly not G canon. It's clearly in the T canon level. (Honestly, why there's a difference between G and T is beyond me)

Probably so that they can go around without trying to be completely in line with so-called "G" canon. Anything that contradicts movies =/= canon. As for EU, Lucas doesn't consider it to be canon, but there is enough "official" "statements" and "evidence" to pass it as canon.

And these arguments are pointless, stupid and boring.

If I want to read a bunch of nerds arguing about the delivered word of god, frankly, I find the liturgical courts of the reformation far more interesting.

At least there sometimes the loser was burned at the stake.

Probably so that they can go around without trying to be completely in line with so-called "G" canon. Anything that contradicts movies =/= canon. As for EU, Lucas doesn't consider it to be canon, but there is enough "official" "statements" and "evidence" to pass it as canon.

Under most circumstances, I'd agree with you. However, in this case it doesnt make sense. TCW is part of George's universe, part of his vision. It's not a third party creation. It's directly produced and created by GL. HE decides what goes in it and what doesn't. He decides what EU sources to ignore and/or cast aside for it to fit his story. It's the very definition of G canon. Why there is a separate level for it is really perplexing.

I should point out that I'm referring to being tired of arguments about canon (which is what I was trying to imply with my reference to the reformation, but that may not have come through.)

I have no problem with other aspects of vs, but canon arguments really just make me feel like I'm reading debates about whether the evolution of the english language is changing the preposition rules (yes it probably is, no it doesn't matter because nobody's actually paid attention to those rules in spoken english outside of a couple weeks of grammar class in the last 500 years - no joke, five centuries. Shakespear did it.)

I'm bored. I can't sleep. Can you tell?

Under most circumstances, I'd agree with you. However, in this case it doesnt make sense. TCW is part of George's universe, part of his vision. It's not a third party creation. It's directly produced and created by GL. HE decides what goes in it and what doesn't. He decides what EU sources to ignore and/or cast aside for it to fit his story. It's the very definition of G canon. Why there is a separate level for it is really perplexing.

My guess is that it is because - while he is heavily involved in shaping TCW - he cannot oversee every single thing. On a movie, he has plenty of time to go over the script, the performances, and the effects to make sure they accuratly reflect his vision of the story he wants to tell. For every season of TCW, there are about 11 hours of material produced, Lucas would not have the time to examine it in nearly the detail that he does a 90 minute movie produced once every few years (and then remade every time there's a chance to cash in on new technology).

Another reason why might be why a lot of people held the visuals of the comics to be of slightly lower evidentiary value than the plotlines and dialog - in an animated show, artistic license is going to be taken. Many of the character designs are stylized to a certain degree, and so might the visuals and ship designs.

Just my $.02

I have more evidence weak Star War Empire intelligence weakness fact R2-D2 able get information Empire disable Hyper-drive accessing computer terminal.

If wish see evidence watch this video form 5 minute and and 5 seconds to about to about 5 minute and 16 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEwDTHeYaU&feature=related

Across fact Empire could depend themselves find the Millennium Falcon they need hire bounty hunters.

The fact that R2-D2 probably has DV's password (Or can figure it out easily) argues against any of that.

And these arguments are pointless, stupid and boring.

If I want to read a bunch of nerds arguing about the delivered word of god, frankly, I find the liturgical courts of the reformation far more interesting.

At least there sometimes the loser was burned at the stake.

There's no reason we still can't burn someone at the stake.

There's no reason we still can't burn someone at the stake.

It has been a while though. biggrin.gif

The fact that R2-D2 probably has DV's password (Or can figure it out easily) argues against any of that.

Fact R2-D2 give enough time could have open the those blast doors on that Imperial base during battle Endor if was not for that stromtrooper disable R2-D2 first single shot blaster. Suggestion Empire has no defense against astronomic droid and rebel no lack of them.

If you wish see evidence watch this vidoe form 6 minute 38 secounds to about 6 minute and 48 seconds.

[m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJAwHSnGUnk&feature=related

By way it may true Astronomic droid can can break computer codes quickly that danger weakness Empire intelligence fact did that high security military base though out Empire. We seen tircorder by way over come codes as will very fast and be able link computer systems.

How does that change the likelyhood that ANAKIN SKYWALKER'S PERSONAL ASTROMECH DROID has his password?

Really, does anyone think that that's unlikely?

I'd love to watch the IT security guy tell Darth "chokes the life out of you for breathing wrong" Vader that his password has expired and that he needs to choose a psuedo-random string of characters.

Really, it'd be funny.

Lowly tech, first day on the job: "Hey boss, it says that the account DVader needs to have it's password reset. There's a note that you have to be notified before we lock it out.

IT Security Boss: <clickity> "hrmmm.... OK, who wants to go tell the Dark Lord of the Sith that we're going to lock him out of the computers if he doesn't change his password?"

IT Department: <crickets>

ITSB: "Come on!"

IT Department: <crickets>

ITSB: "Simon?"

BOFH: "No"

Yes Empire computer allow someone to try nearly few million time in till give right answer. After that robot fifth try the computer block R2-D2 or at least gave shock.

Please try to understand what I'm trying to say. I can't use smaller words.

"Hhhmm, what could his password be to unlock the DS's core system? Oh, let's try Amidala... Yup, that was it, people are soooo predictable!"

smile.gif

"Hhhmm, what could his password be to unlock the DS's core system? Oh, let's try Amidala... Yup, that was it, people are soooo predictable!"

smile.gif

Exactly!

Either that or 12345 or password.

12345!?!? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard! That's the combination some idiot would have on his luggage!

*Rick Berman walks in and reads thread*

Berman: Amazing! That's the same combination I have on my luggage!

Exactly!

Either that or 12345 or password.

Still R2-D2 need to be allow to guess the password might guess password over million times depend long it is laugange written. For example say password 4222. Basic 9 diffenrt numbers each number written 4 time. 9^4=6561 possibility. Add possible letter as will number 26^4 =1500625. Empire security systems lack lock maybe 10 guess like some other chat sides then wait fifteen minutes tell you can try again extremely.

Must major codes need both voice code and numbers. I duobt R2-D2 able play type game Starfleet starship major computer systems.

Please don't attempt to lecture me on IT security, especially the practical applications thereof.

When I get back to my computer, I'll show you why not only are your arguments wrong, but when doing the math, you screwed up as well.

BTW, for a 4 digit numeric passcode, there are 10000 possibilities. You forgot zero. There are also 62, not 26, possible characters in a simple alphanumeric password. A truly strong, computer generated password, when intended for data usage could literally be around a trillion possibilities with 5 bytes.

Brute forcing a password is both inefficient and almost always unnecessary, social engineering is far easier.

Please don't attempt to lecture me on IT security, especially the practical applications thereof.

When I get back to my computer, I'll show you why not only are your arguments wrong, but when doing the math, you screwed up as well.

BTW, for a 4 digit numeric passcode, there are 10000 possibilities. You forgot zero. There are also 62, not 26, possible characters in a simple alphanumeric password. A truly strong, computer generated password, when intended for data usage could literally be around a trillion possibilities with 5 bytes.

Brute forcing a password is both inefficient and almost always unnecessary, social engineering is far easier.

Problem social engineering fact R2-D2 trying get information computer system not trying to deal people. Social engineering requital trick people get personal information or spying people get personal information or other ways like having spy bank get some Social security card number. R2 D2 deal computer system particle only computer system. It is unlikely social engineering work in that. Beside R2 D2 sometime take few minutes to try over come computer systems.