News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

Massive Retcon about Ryloth.

In the Star Wars EU, Ryloth, the Twi'lek homeworld, was stated to be tidally loccked with its star. In TCW, someone mentions that Ryloth has a 30-hour rotation period, and a day/night cycle is shown. You should see how the guys at Wookiepedia reacted to it:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Ryloth

And thus why i love Star Trek's Canon laws -

"If we say it's canon it's canon otherwise it's not"

I haven't seen this much dancing since Singin' in the Rain. As more and more of the EU is retconned by GL himself, it's becoming increasingly clear that the EU's clout is waning.

Wow. Surprising lack of participation. Where's Enigma to tell us that the EU pwns all?

Wow. Surprising lack of participation. Where's Enigma to tell us that the EU pwns all?

Because I just got here? If GL decides to overrule the EU then he and LucasFilm\Arts\Whatever can go ahead and do it. The EU is there to fill in the blanks until GL and co. decides to fill it themselves. So what's the problem?

Think the EU as canonical fanfiction.

First Halo: Reach and now this? Is it too much to ask for these people to keep things consistent? *Urge to kill idiots at Bungie and LFL rising*

First Halo: Reach and now this? Is it too much to ask for these people to keep things consistent? *Urge to kill idiots at Bungie and LFL rising*

Is it too much to ask of fans to get a life and stop getting their panties in a bunch when their favorite franchise canon changes?

Is it too much to ask of fans to get a life and stop getting their panties in a bunch when their favorite franchise canon changes?

Dude yer fucking asking a lot.

I don’t mind retcons if their done right - which Halo: Reach was not, and TCW also destroyed some interesting SW stories. If their planning on retconing decade(s) old canon material I expect it to be replaced with material of at least equal quality, not a giant steaming pile of shit.

Problem is, TCW had better character devellopment then all three PT movies, and better stories too.

And the PT movies and Special Edition OT movies had already shat over much EU waaayyyy before TCW came along...

As for Halo.

Seriously.

Did you seriously expect the Canon of a setting based on a "Rule of Cool" FPS game to make sense? tongue.gif