News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

UFP vs. Empire vs. Terran Dominion - Ground Combat

Okay, I'll give you the point for the economic differences.

But even then, there is no way in hell Geonosis could support that many Geonosians, especially considering that when the Geonosian civilization was still young when Geonosis' biosphere was wrecked.

l33telboi ran the calcs for how powerful those nukes would have to be if there were a thousand of them and they turned an Earth-like, Earth-sized (well, more or less) world's surface into "blackened, radioactive glass". The answer came out at 735 teratons.
I33telboi's "calcs" make more generous assumptions than MWs BDZ calcs and are excessively generous to say the least. The Hypocrisy is hilarious considering the way he cries and whines about BDZ calcs that suggest yields higher than low megatons

So how much would you say would be needed to glass an Earth-sized planet?

So how much would you say would be needed to glass an Earth-sized planet?

It depends entirely on what you want the "glass" to mean.

Offhand I'd say Apocalypse class nukes are definitely gigaton range. Beyond that you're into the realm of wank and dodgey assumptions

By "glass" I mean "turn the planet's crust into radioactive glass".

Even if we assume that they were 100 gigatons each, there were still a thousand of them that were sent to Korhal, which is "only" 100 teratons, or the yield of the Dino-Killer Asteroid's explosion. Not nearly enough to do what was described in the backstory.

Also, do they really have trillions? Remember, the cost of 5 million clones nearly bankrupted the Republic).

IIRC the Imperial Sourcebook puts the Army in the billions and the Stormtroopers in the trillions. And since when did 5 million clones nearly bankrupt the Republic? I find that hard to believe given a single Jedi master placed the order and it was kept secret for a decade. And then of course there’s ships that were also ordered in addition to the initial five million clones.

And now I have to ask that even if true, what does that have to do with the Empire since they built two Death Stars in secret and 25,000 ISD and at least a dozen Super Star Destroyers...

Also, how the hell did the Empire go from having 10,000 worlds at the end of the Clone Wars to 69.5 million in only 20 years? Please tell me how in God's name that makes sense.

Since when did the Republic only have 10,000 worlds? If they only had that many then that means the entire Old Republic joined the CIS if I recall AToC correctly.

And on the galactic population IIRC the RoTS novel mentions that there are "countless quadrillions" of sentient beings in the Republic (or the known galaxy in general, I'll see if I can find the quote later).

Anyways, 1 goes to the Terrans in a Curbstomp. And on 2, didn't the Terran Dominion, after only four years, turn a glassed over hellhole into a Courscant size city planet? So they might have the industry to stand up the Empire for a short time.

It was in the Clone Wars cartoon that the Republic was nearly bankrupted by the purchase of 5 million clones. T-canon.

And even though large portions of Korhal are now city, it's population is only 6.3 billion, nowhere near Coruscant's 1 trillion.

And it's 100 quadrillion spread out throughout the entire galaxy.

BTW, I noticed that someone said that Goldshirts have no body armor. That is wrong - we saw it in Siege of AR-558 (I hope I got number right) andone more episode.

BTW, I noticed that someone said that Goldshirts have no body armor. That is wrong - we saw it in Siege of AR-558 (I hope I got number right) andone more episode.

You did, but when did we see body armor? It would be far better to reference the armor used in TWOK-era, as that is inarguable.

Unless you are repeating Jason's claim that the uniform jacket they were wearing was body armor.

You did, but when did we see body armor? It would be far better to reference the armor used in TWOK-era, as that is inarguable.

Unless you are repeating Jason's claim that the uniform jacket they were wearing was body armor.

It was definitely thicker than standard Strafleet uniforms, but I'm not sure it could be called armor either, certainly not like Klingons, Cardassians or Jem' Hadar...

Maybe some sort of "body control" uniform, or maybe even combat fatigues filled with pouches of rations, extra power packs, etc...

In star Terk online all UFP officers have personal force fields. Also note Siege of AR-558 must of them foot soldiers.

It was definitely thicker than standard Strafleet uniforms, but I'm not sure it could be called armor either, certainly not like Klingons, Cardassians or Jem' Hadar...

Maybe some sort of "body control" uniform, or maybe even combat fatigues filled with pouches of rations, extra power packs, etc...

I have a jacket that's thicker than a suit jacket too, I wear it when it's cold out.

You know, like it might be when you are in a cave.

I have a jacket that's thicker than a suit jacket too, I wear it when it's cold out.

See this Interceptor_body_armor.jpg

This the state art body armor US troops wear.

Here a link learn more about it My link

Here a UFP combat unform Vargas_in_combat_uniform.jpg

This the state art body armor US troops wear.

387214032_baefc05491.jpg?v=0

Here a UFP combat unform 56948785.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834D7E76ECD78786F34272CDBE9A12269948E9A692F4C337FC07

Much better.

What does that prove? Are you seriously trying to use the texture of the fabric to prove something?

And that thicker jacket will most likely have more pockets, or bigger ones, and the padding used to protect you from cold will also offer more protection from physical impacts, like a punch, than your suit jacket will.

But as I wrote, I also don't think the Starfleet "combat uniform" seen in DS9 is armor...

And that thicker jacket will most likely have more pockets, or bigger ones, and the padding used to protect you from cold will also offer more protection from physical impacts, like a punch, than your suit jacket will.

But as I wrote, I also don't think the Starfleet "combat uniform" seen in DS9 is armor...

Will it can stop phaser beam vaporizer it might even weaken the blow little be thing normal kill hit for example. If wish see evidnece watch this video Form 4 minute 25 seconds to about 5 minute and 41 seconds.

It never confirm that UFP soldier killed or not however fact did see died body neither by Jake woken up suggestion that he most likely survival. Suggestion more effective armor stormtroopers have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJHOjR48BY&feature=related

Also another little trick UFP soldiers might us this fire fight. they could place force field near the caver areas that allow fire thought crave spot while denied enemy samething if wish see evidence watch video form 2 minute and six seconds to about 2 minute and 7 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ61zkCAAbk

It is possible force field Quark was behind allow fire thought denied Jem Harder to be able to do the same.

I'm not really arguing with you.

You're sane.

I'm not really arguing with you.

You're sane.

Says you! tongue.gif

Seriously, though, the reason why I think the uniform is more than just a "thicker uniform" to keep warm is because of all the times we saw Starfleet officers go in hotter or colder environments while wearing only the standard uniform.

So I surmised that the thicker lining was useful to add many pockets and pouches a soldier would need on a mission...

Finally found the quotes on Imperial military personnel numbers:

Rebellion Era Sourcebook, Saga Edition:

The Imperial military is a massive organization, with tens of trillions of regular army soldiers, trillions of fleet crew, and a vast force of stormtroopers both cloned and conditioned. The sheer weight of numbers enables the Empire to simply overwhelm opponents in head-to-head battle.

Heir to the Empire Sourcebook:

At the Empire’s height, the core Stormtrooper forces were said to outnumber the regular army and navy personnel combined.

More evidence that Uniforms the UFP soldiers wear is armor

When UFP soldier stab in the back. I saw no one drop of blood come out of his back. If wish see evidence watch this video form 1 minute 27 seconds to one minute and 32 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ61zkCAAbk

If even question armor stop weapon get deep into body. He could just knock bow smell impact broken back.

Finally found the quotes on Imperial military personnel numbers:

Overridden by the fact that the Republic was nearly bankrupted by the purchase of 5 million clones.

But Khas, this came from a cartoon, and even thought the cartoon is higher canon, it's invalid because it is a kiddie show, unlike the ICS or any other SW books which are kiddie books, but rank higher in validity but lower in canon... tongue.gif

Seriously though, Khas, do not confuse the Republic, 20 years before the Empire, with a budget serving for education, art, to improve the lives of everyone, to the Empire, a dictatorship that spent countless amounts of money for its military.

A DS will cost a lot more than 5 million Clones... smile.gif

But Khas, this came from a cartoon, and even thought the cartoon is higher canon, it's invalid because it is a kiddie show, unlike the ICS or any other SW books which are kiddie books, but rank higher in validity but lower in canon... tongue.gif

Seriously though, Khas, do not confuse the Republic, 20 years before the Empire, with a budget serving for education, art, to improve the lives of everyone, to the Empire, a dictatorship that spent countless amounts of money for its military.

A DS will cost a lot more than 5 million Clones... smile.gif

Khas must seriously think that for the Republic, all those Acclamators, Venators and later Victory class warships cost them close to nothing. smile.gif

What I'm saying is that a two-millionfold increase in millitary membership in only 20 years is just a tad ridiculous.

And the Death Star was being built when it was still the Republic.