News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Grandtheftcow

There are to many staff members

Honestly though for a board with very few rules to enforce and a litter sized number of regular posters, we have and awful lot of chiefs keeping an eye on the totem pole.

I bleieve it's hoped that there will someday be need for this many mods and admins...

There are many staff here because we are all awesome staff.

Shit, while you're at it, you could make me a staff member.

Honestly though for a board with very few rules to enforce and a litter sized number of regular posters, we have and awful lot of chiefs keeping an eye on the totem pole.

Well, I'd like to say Airlocke is right, and we're hoping for a massive surge in membership. This is partially true. However, it's also because they are either close friends and/or they begged me for mod privileges (even though they never post. You know who you are. tongue.gif )I don't see a reason to demote any of them.

However, it's also because they are either close friends and/or they begged me for mod privileges (even though they never post. You know who you are. tongue.gif )I don't see a reason to demote any of them.

It's a well established Internet rule that people who ask to be a moderator should never be allowed to have it.

Since we don't conform to normal message board standards I wonder if we'd be better suited to a forum leader approach. Basically just dump some poor sod off in a forum you think he could help generate discussion in. Just keep an eye on them and kick them back to normal user status when they become prima donna's.

It's a well established Internet rule that people who ask to be a moderator should never be allowed to have it.

Since we don't conform to normal message board standards I wonder if we'd be better suited to a forum leader approach. Basically just dump some poor sod off in a forum you think he could help generate discussion in. Just keep an eye on them and kick them back to normal user status when they become prima donna's.

You do realize forum leader and forum moderator are the same thing just worded differently? ^^

It only becomes different when you start talking about Global Moderators that can manage all the forums ^^

You do realize forum leader and forum moderator are the same thing just worded differently? ^^

It only becomes different when you start talking about Global Moderators that can manage all the forums ^^

Yeah, but then you useless twats would have something to do other than pulling on your dicks all day.

Yeah, but then you useless twats would have something to do other than pulling on your dicks all day.

Didn't know building 2 MMO's, running 8 different websites and moderating on 3 was considered pulling on my dick all day ^^

...well, actually its their job to pull *my* dick all day. Buts just because I like them so much (...and stole their souls years ago on USENET)

So you like to have your dick violently removed from you?

As far as I know, his secret true name is not 'dick'...but, you'd really have to pull on it for that to happen...just ask Aphrodite...she used the gravity of a supermassive black hole last time she gave me head...ahhhhh...young love...

As far as I know, his secret true name is not 'dick'...but, you'd really have to pull on it for that to happen...just ask Aphrodite...she used the gravity of a supermassive black hole last time she gave me head...ahhhhh...young love...

That is one powerful mouth.

There are many staff here because we are all awesome staff.

If the following are true:

1) staff all have a commitment to the site

2) staff trust each other, with no exceptions

3) staff do not hesitate to disagree with each other

4) staff keep those disagreements, for the most part, upstairs

5) staff enforce rules uniformly, even with each other

Then I see no issues or problems with a disproportionate number of staff to members.

If the following are true:

1) staff all have a commitment to the site

2) staff trust each other, with no exceptions

3) staff do not hesitate to disagree with each other

4) staff keep those disagreements, for the most part, upstairs

5) staff enforce rules uniformly, even with each other

Then I see no issues or problems with a disproportionate number of staff to members.

.. Thank you for bringing up a thread that's 6 months old. Considering the amount of staff we have there is not even that many tongue.gif