News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Echo Papa 607 drone vrs Vader

Vader crash land on the planet Minos on own personal tie fighter. Echo Papa 607 drone is after him. Vader a died man and goner that probe fire weapons it can take heavy beaten to.

Well if Vader can get to the computer then he'll win easily. If not or if takes a while to find the computer then it really amounts to how long can he keep them off his back until he traces the source. The first drone will die easily from being hist by a blaster. Second drone would be stronger and Vader will realize that and switch to his lightsabre. If the third drone can adapt to it then Vader can destroy it with the Force and continue to do so since it would not have a defense for it.

Mind you, this is Vader against the weapon system itself.

Just only a drone? Vader wins hands down.

Vader crash land on the planet Minos on own personal tie fighter. Echo Papa 607 drone is after him. Vader a died man and goner that probe fire weapons it can take heavy beaten. Vader has only light saber which useless something fly in the air.While he might able us force I still think lose.

Have we ever see Vader us blaster or even carry one.

Semantics. He'll use his lightsaber then the Force. Still your topic is about one single drone and Vader can easily destroy it.

Pay attention. smile.gif Drone not the entire weapons system. Vader can block it and redirect the blasts back to the drone. Vader wins the scenario as posted.

If it was the weapons system itself then it gets a bit dicey but then again I do not think the Echo Papa 607 weapons system has a counter to the Force. How will it improve upon being psychokinetically slammed into the ground? Being crushed by the Force? Etc..etc.. I'm not saying that it would be a walk in the park but unless Vader is unable to track the source, he'll be able to get to it and tear the computer to pieces or simply 'buy' it once the hologram offers to sell it.

We never see Vader or any other Jedi knight force tossing something miles above the ground. He might problem get hold that drone. As for using his light saber it land close enough for him to hit it. Also Vader have to know he under attack before it is to late. Drone need one shot at him.

It said that one drone could destroy a starship...

It said that one drone could destroy a starship...

Ah the one Riker and co. downed at least two times? smile.gif

We never see Vader or any other Jedi knight force tossing something miles above the ground. He might problem get hold that drone. As for using his light saber it land close enough for him to hit it. Also Vader have to know he under attack before it is to late. Drone need one shot at him.

Force Pre-Cog.

Force Crush? (Return of the Sith, near the end)

Force Pull

The drone that would attack Vader is the anti-infantry version not the anti-starship drone. There are two different versions.

Vader able to deflect income beams while pull on drone or try push it. Sith lord and Jedi knight contract on either pushing or pulling or us light saber will.

Vader able to deflect income beams while pull on drone or try push it. Sith lord and Jedi knight contract on either pushing or pulling or us light saber will.

What the hell are you gibbering about?

Of course, this obnoxious habit of rabid Warsies to apply a no-limits fallacy to Vader and Palpatine as regards the Force really gets under my skin. They aren't Q for fuck's sake, they're glorified magicians. "Vader can just reach through the viewscreen and Force Choke everyone on the ship" "Palpatine can use Force Precognition and tell where all the Federation ships are and where they're going to go, then intercept them." (No, these aren't strawmen, I've actually heard these stupid arguments presented.)

Of course, this obnoxious habit of rabid Warsies to apply a no-limits fallacy to Vader and Palpatine as regards the Force really gets under my skin. They aren't Q for fuck's sake, they're glorified magicians. "Vader can just reach through the viewscreen and Force Choke everyone on the ship" "Palpatine can use Force Precognition and tell where all the Federation ships are and where they're going to go, then intercept them." (No, these aren't strawmen, I've actually heard these stupid arguments presented.)

I hate to bring it up, but the latter does have some evidence in the EU - not a lot, but some. The former is rediculous though.

In the EU it is heavily implied in a couple of places that Palpy was affecting the entire Imperial Fleet, and the fleet became MUCH less capable when he died. It's definitely stated that it happened at Endor (one of the Thrawn Trilogy books). I think similar things are implied in the Dark Empire comics, as well.

You really haven't seen the OT which Vader was yanking heavy objects from the walls and throwing them at Luke? Or at the end of RotS, he was so pissed that with the Force he was trashing everything in the room?

One small drone is nothing to Vader. Drone shoots at him and he deflects it either back at the drone or away from him and Force push it into the ground. This is well established abilities shown in the movies. Besides, if you saw the "Arsenal of Freedom", you'd know that the "anti-infantry" drone was quite small compared to the "anti-ship" drone. Not a stretch that he could take it down.

Of course he's not a fucking Q, neither are Riker, Tasha and Data yet they were able to take several down. Are you honestly saying that what those three could do that Vader with his Force abilities couldn't?

I hate to bring it up, but the latter does have some evidence in the EU - not a lot, but some. The former is rediculous though.

In the EU it is heavily implied in a couple of places that Palpy was affecting the entire Imperial Fleet, and the fleet became MUCH less capable when he died. It's definitely stated that it happened at Endor (one of the Thrawn Trilogy books). I think similar things are implied in the Dark Empire comics, as well.

Battle meditation. I think Palpy uses a steroid version of it. smile.gif

You really haven't seen the OT which Vader was yanking heavy objects from the walls and throwing them at Luke? Or at the end of RotS, he was so pissed that with the Force he was trashing everything in the room?

One small drone is nothing to Vader. Drone shoots at him and he deflects it either back at the drone or away from him and Force push it into the ground. This is well established abilities shown in the movies. Besides, if you saw the "Arsenal of Freedom", you'd know that the "anti-infantry" drone was quite small compared to the "anti-ship" drone. Not a stretch that he could take it down.

Of course he's not a fucking Q, neither are Riker, Tasha and Data yet they were able to take several down. Are you honestly saying that what those three could do that Vader with his Force abilities couldn't?

We've also seen the PT where no Force user thought of doing this to the Destroyer Droids, instead having to run away, or wait until they found other ways to deal with them.

Even in TCW, Destroyer Droids are not Force-pushed around, even by Jedi such as Mace Windu...

So why should we believe Vader would?

Being attacked by the Drone would certainly be a distraction, and we know how good Force users are with distractions... smile.gif

Also, while the Echo Papa drone doesn't know about the Force, TK powers are not unknown in the ST universe, so it may adapt itself to TK powers...

We've also seen the PT where no Force user thought of doing this to the Destroyer Droids, instead having to run away, or wait until they found other ways to deal with them.

Even in TCW, Destroyer Droids are not Force-pushed around, even by Jedi such as Mace Windu...

So why should we believe Vader would?

Being attacked by the Drone would certainly be a distraction, and we know how good Force users are with distractions... smile.gif

Also, while the Echo Papa drone doesn't know about the Force, TK powers are not unknown in the ST universe, so it may adapt itself to TK powers...

Droidekas = Echo Papa 607 drone?

I need to see RotS again but wookieepedia says that they are vulnerable to Force techniques. Here's the quote regarding the droidekas' design flaws.

Despite being a formidable droid, the droideka had one major design flaw. Its shield was designed to enclose the droideka in a standing position, but if the droid was to be knocked on its side or against a wall, the shield would have no way of distinguishing the wall or floor from a blaster bolt or lightsaber. This meant that the shield generator had to continue supplying energy to the shield, resulting in an overload, as demonstrated during the rescue on the Invisible Hand. The shorted-out shield generator would leave the droideka vulnerable. Also, in the rolling position, the droideka's shield could not be activated, leaving it vulnerable while rolling from place to place.[18] This technique was demonstrated (with devastating effectiveness) by Anakin Skywalker and his padawan during the Battle of Christophsis. Also their shields were substantially weaker behind the droid, making them relatively easy to take out from that position. They also apparently seemed to be vulnerable to Force techniques, as Obi-Wan Kenobi used several to knock out approaching droids (and even slow down General Grievous) on board the CIS superbattleship Malevolence.

I agree that the droidekas were quite formidable because once deployed they make it vary hard for a Force user to use his abilities at the same time deflecting the onslaught of blaster fire. But they were taken down by Force users.

If Vader was to replace the E-D in the "Arsenal of Freedom", or even if not, the first drone would not have any intel on Vader and what he could do. Hell the first drone Riker and co encountered didn't even have shields and was easily taken out by one shot from a phaser. Vader could easily use the Force on it as he had done many times with the various battle droids.

Though TK is known in ST it is not common, nor should we expect that the drone would have the kind of defenses against TK. But the drone has another problem. Even if it was winning the fight against Vader, Vader could still win by unleashing the Force Scream. Silly but he has used it at least twice with devastating results. smile.gif

Vader has faced more dangerous opponents than an Echo Papa 607 drone and won. Now if the drone was a fourth or later generation then yeah I can possibly see it win.

Then again Jason in his infinitesimal wisdom decided that Vader should fight only one. smile.gif

I thought the question was simply if Vader would eventually fall to one of the EP's incarnation.

If we are simply talking about the first one, then I fully agree the Sith Lord kills it easily while wondering what race of weaklings designed that crap... tongue.gif

I thought the question was simply if Vader would eventually fall to one of the EP's incarnation.

If we are simply talking about the first one, then I fully agree the Sith Lord kills it easily while wondering what race of weaklings designed that crap... tongue.gif

The drone can defeat it's opponent if it doesn't know what it is up against. Just like they didn't know much about the crew's capabilities hence the anti-infantry drones kept getting spanked while the only anti-ship drone had nearly destroyed the E-D. The weapons system had basic knowledge of Starfleet ships and that is why it fared well against the E-D until the end.

Eventually if Vader didn't find the source then yes he would lose but Jason states *ONE* drone. This obviously would be the weakest drone, hence Vader winning. smile.gif

POST 2112!

Well, the title doesn't say how many Drones, and I can't decipher Jasonese that well, so I imagined he was going against many Drones... smile.gif

And while the Drones were getting beaten by the ground crew, there were more than one of them, and they had many weapons, and they had more and more difficulty defeating the Drones...

And again, while we know Vader has good TK, we've never seen, even in TCW, Force users use TK against shielded droids, even when it would have been useful...

Like, for example, while the droids are rolling towards the Jedi, just before they stop, activate their shield, and start firing, a process that alwasy takes a good second or two, more than enough time for TK use, no?

So while Vader effortlessly destroys the first Drone, the subsequent ones become more and more dangerous and hard to destroy, until either they win, or as you said, Vader finds the control room...