News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Star Terk Earth solor system Vrs Death Star

That isn't normal. That is if each side used a cheat code to know what the other has. smile.gif

Normal would be the scenario I've mentioned. The Feds would not know since the SL would not be charged up until the last few seconds. smile.gif

Actually it would more likely be Tarkin or Vader demanding that Earth and by extension the Federation capitulates or the planet gets blown up. Feds might scoff but in a span of a few seconds Earth goes bye-bye.

*OR* if this is the DS2 then the Moon gets blown up to get Starfleet's attention and convince them to surrender. I think the DS1 had a limit of firing once per day?

In that case, if neither is aware of the other's capabilities, then how the heck does the DS know Earth's location, or that it's the center of the Federation's gorvernment? tongue.gif

I see three problem your tantic plan Enigma .

First UFP would have at least some Betazoids on some Space stations and they can read minds. It very likley this point death star get captured.

Secound It likley UFP Space station sensers able get great deal information about it fact big dish could used only one thing blow up planets is first one. Pick up shuttle easily bring ambassdor over Earth need massive space station so close.

Third when Death power planet kill weapon likley Earth senser pick that pick target at them fire first might will disable Death star planet kill weapon or destory it out right. In this case Death star captured.

In that case, if neither is aware of the other's capabilities, then how the heck does the DS know Earth's location, or that it's the center of the Federation's gorvernment? tongue.gif

I'm not saying they are not aware of each other just that unless the DS' SL was used before entering the Sol system, no-one would know it's capability other than a massive mobile battlestation. If Starfleet knows of the DS then even if it doesn't know of the SL, they would order as much ships as possible to defend Earth. So instead of 20 ships, there may be 100 if not more defending Earth. smile.gif

Let's start over.

Ignore ignoramus Jason's OP and set up our own then. Similar but with some differences.

The Empire goes to war with the Federation and even though just by sheer quantity (Let's say that both sides can create portals to the other universe with little difficulties) they Empire could defeats the Feds but the Emperor decides to end it quick and sends the DS to Earth to force a surrender. In each scenario the DS starts out at the edge of the solar system (let's say around Pluto for simplicity sake. I know we can go into detail as to how close the DS can hyper in but meh.).

So,

a.) Starfleet HQ. knows nothing of the DS or it's capabilities other than the fact from a battle or two between ISDs and Fed ships that the DS most likely uses a lot of TLs.. What can Starfleet do to defend itself? We know of the Jupiter station, Mars Defense Perimeter, the Verteron array, Earth's surface defenses, Earth Spacedock and 20 relatively new starships.

b.)Same as a. but it knows about the SL.

Just to spice it up. Use each scenario using the DS1 first then the DS2.

I'm not saying they are not aware of each other just that unless the DS' SL was used before entering the Sol system, no-one would know it's capability other than a massive mobile battlestation. If Starfleet knows of the DS then even if it doesn't know of the SL, they would order as much ships as possible to defend Earth. So instead of 20 ships, there may be 100 if not more defending Earth. smile.gif

Let's start over.

Ignore ignoramus Jason's OP and set up our own then. Similar but with some differences.

The Empire goes to war with the Federation and even though just by sheer quantity (Let's say that both sides can create portals to the other universe with little difficulties) they Empire could defeats the Feds but the Emperor decides to end it quick and sends the DS to Earth to force a surrender. In each scenario the DS starts out at the edge of the solar system (let's say around Pluto for simplicity sake. I know we can go into detail as to how close the DS can hyper in but meh.).

So,

a.) Starfleet HQ. knows nothing of the DS or it's capabilities other than the fact from a battle or two between ISDs and Fed ships that the DS most likely uses a lot of TLs.. What can Starfleet do to defend itself? We know of the Jupiter station, Mars Defense Perimeter, the Verteron array, Earth's surface defenses, Earth Spacedock and 20 relatively new starships.

What century?

First Death star would be another prize UFP take as it own. Could Defaint class starship just cut hole Death star hull then beam the Death star crew into space. Any hope Star War Empire victory be destory by UFP know shields work all shot right thought them.

Secound Death star differnt animal on own right. It have shield most likley as effective as once protect it on Endor before shields working. Likely 20 starship send to attack Death star out right and starfleet command call reforcments. Jupture station defenses thing pound Death star most likley half Jupture before Federation starship blast way right Death star shields. The same tantic used on Death star like before starship burn hole in Daeth star hull beam the crew of Death star cold death in space. With cost few Starship. Star War Empire defeat UFP because now UFP know shield work able shot right thought them.

So, the 25th century, in which the Federation has:

Weaponized Red Matter

Chroniton Torpedoes

Transphasic Torpedoes

Antiproton Cannons

Tetryon Cannons

Let's start over.

So,

I like this, but one quick question then:

What is available to the Feds?

Do they have the Transphasic armor and Torpedoes?

If we use only what they had in , say, the Dominion War, then scenario one goes bad for Earth, it goes boom with either DS...

Scenario two goes bad for the DS 1, because the ships will damage it's emitter by the time ti takes them to charge it.

The DS II blows up Earth before it's emitter gets damaged because it's ROF is much faster than the DS 1's...

And Darth Fanboy, as I said to Enigma, the DS's TLs are not powerful enough to be very important in a fight, and even less the Tie fighters...

But your scenario, Enigma, brings us to an all out war, one I've always stated the Empire would win because of this very DS... wink.gif

Jason's OP pitted ONLY the DS vs what Earth could muster to defend itself... smile.gif

Since Engima said the most recent century, that would be the 25th, and yes, in the 25th century, the UFP has Transphasic torpedoes, as they appear in ST:O.

Since Engima said the most recent century, that would be the 25th, and yes, in the 25th century, the UFP has Transphasic torpedoes, as they appear in ST:O.

Screw STO, they are not canon. smile.gif

Nevertheless, yes 25th century.

So, the 25th century, in which the Federation has:

Weaponized Red Matter

Chroniton Torpedoes

Transphasic Torpedoes

Antiproton Cannons

Tetryon Cannons

Unless there is hard canon for everything other than Red Matter, it does not count. smile.gif

Unless there is hard canon for everything other than Red Matter, it does not count. smile.gif

Transphasic Torpedoes: Voyager brought them home in "Endgame", didn't they?

Tetryon Cannon: In Star Trek: Insurrection, Data is seen using a pistol called a "Tetryon Pulse Launcher", and since we've seen starships emit "tetryon beams" from their deflector dishes before, this wouldn't be too hard to build, although unlikely in an emergency.

Chroniton Torpedoes: Okay, you've got me there.

Antiproton Cannon: You've got me there too.

I like this, but one quick question then:

What is available to the Feds?

Do they have the Transphasic armor and Torpedoes?

If we use only what they had in , say, the Dominion War, then scenario one goes bad for Earth, it goes boom with either DS...

Scenario two goes bad for the DS 1, because the ships will damage it's emitter by the time ti takes them to charge it.

The DS II blows up Earth before it's emitter gets damaged because it's ROF is much faster than the DS 1's...

And Darth Fanboy, as I said to Enigma, the DS's TLs are not powerful enough to be very important in a fight, and even less the Tie fighters...

But your scenario, Enigma, brings us to an all out war, one I've always stated the Empire would win because of this very DS... wink.gif

Jason's OP pitted ONLY the DS vs what Earth could muster to defend itself... smile.gif

My scenario is that the Emperor wants a swift end and goes straight for Earth with the DS. Yes there may have been a battle or two but that is to give the Feds a heads up on the Empire's offensive capabilities.

The Batman armour and trannie torps are up in the air. There have been nothing shown post Voyager of their use . Yeah I know, there have been no shows other than ENT so I guess the point is moot.

It really doesn't matter, because with Batman armor and Transphasic Torpedoes, neither DS even get close to Earth.

Without them, it goes on as I stated... smile.gif

Transphasic Torpedoes: Voyager brought them home in "Endgame", didn't they?

Tetryon Cannon: In Star Trek: Insurrection, Data is seen using a pistol called a "Tetryon Pulse Launcher", and since we've seen starships emit "tetryon beams" from their deflector dishes before, this wouldn't be too hard to build, although unlikely in an emergency.

Chroniton Torpedoes: Okay, you've got me there.

Antiproton Cannon: You've got me there too.

Tetryon Cannon, you are really reaching with that one. smile.gif

Transphasic torpedoes.... it is up in the air. Do we know that Voyager still had any left? Did admiral Janeway leave technical specs to build more torpedoes? That is iffy at best. I'd give more credence to the Batman armour.

It really doesn't matter, because with Batman armor and Transphasic Torpedoes, neither DS even get close to Earth.

Without them, it goes on as I stated... smile.gif

Even with the armour, they'll still have to contend with multitude of TLs or are you saying that the Feds have adapted to TL tech too? smile.gif

Trannie torps as I mentioned before is an iffy idea at best. Do we know if Voyager still had any left after destroying the Sphere? Did Admiral Janeway leave technical specs on how to make more?

It doesn't matter, the Transphasic torpedoes and Armor are scenario C)... tongue.gif

In scenario C), we assume they have them... wink.gif

We know information other timeline give good idea Death star up against 25th century. Fire power any 25th century starship are exstream. Nova class starship gave Admrial Jamway give fire during End games send Klingon flag ship 24th century a blazes. Galaxy Class X starship easily destroy Negh'var class ship

Defaint class starship would be reserve fleet. We saw 2 then Voyager End Games intercept what starfleet fear massive borg attack. Form what can see Domimion war the Defaint class starship out gun every starship other Domimion battleship. Smell ,tough ship design aid battle againist the borg. First Death star is big battle station poor design fight smell starship like Defaint class. See what happen little one man fighter crash first Death star. 2 Defaint class starship Domimion war could blast way right thuoght in a few hours at mostAlso in case that not enough help

Prometheus-class turn self three provid more fire support. None first Death star weapons any use because kind EW we see UFP starship use. Defaint class starship 25 century guess upgrade could do the job number minutes.

Secound Death star defense are unknown however shield tough once Endor provied. One defaint class starship unable to beat Domimion battleship. However Defaint class starship fire thougth shields at least a little bit. Death star shields many time stronger. Thier seven Galaxy class starship interecpt Borg ship before Voyager destory it. See possible 7 Galaxy X class starship could blast way though shields and destory Death star use force alone. Also Earth planetry defense and Mars surface Defense and Jupture defense could knock right shields even destory Death star it own.

Idea UFP using transphasic toropdoes againist secound death star how come how Admrial Jamway shuttlecaft did not use them againist Negh'var class starship and her Shuttlecaft was most likley armed them. Also how USS Enterpise E did not use them. While possible they have a low yield because equement need use and so unless hit thing like warpcore they not very effective weapon to being with. Even UFP were use need know fire them. UFP not know Death star reactor is to hit.

Yes it is. It's soft canon which means unless a show comes out in that time and contradicts it, it stands.

Idea UFP using transphasic toropdoes againist secound death star how come how Admrial Jamway shuttlecaft did not use them againist Negh'var class starship and her Shuttlecaft was most likley armed them. Also how USS Enterpise E did not use them. While possible they have a low yield because equement need use and so unless hit thing like warpcore they not very effective weapon to being with. Even UFP evenn know were to fire them. Would UFP know were Death star main reactor is. Also since Empire war UFP while would Empire design form defense againist them.

Or, it could just be that they needed time to be reverse engineered, since by 2409, transphasic and chroniton torpedoes are shown in use. The most likely reason why Janeway didn't use them is because she had a limited supply, and was saving them for the battle against the Borg.

Another way did NOVA class starship using them during ENd games againist those Klingon warships.

OK why did Nova Class starship not use provide cover fire for Admiral Janeway to excape. Also why not used all Good things in TNG future happen timeline.

Beats me. Maybe it did, considering photon and transphasic torpedoes look almost the same. And the Klingons of that time would have had some form of defense against them.

Evidnece with transphasic toropdoes might very easily effecit EW warfare. Way most likley phase device that allow go right though sold and every energy base things. transpasic toropodoes target senser think they hit thier target go dephase. Problem using them could UFP starship know hit the Star War EMpire reactor core.