News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

What are you reading?

Post War by Tony Judt.

The books subject matter is the story of Europe following the conclusion of WWII and follows things up till the fall of communism in the early 90s. I find it interesting in that the reader gets to know the history and events in countries I wouldn't normally bother to look up myself.

Fairly good read so far.

Mostly many different kinds of manga, and an (unofficial) translation of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", which is a light novel (from Japan). It's really cool, has all kinds of crazy physics and philosophical stuff, combined with the hilarity that ensues from Haruhi dragging everyone around! (Especially Kyon~)

Mostly words, but sometimes numbers as well... laugh.gif

I've recently read "Les Fourmis" (the Ants) by Bernard Werber, and I started his second book, "Le Jour des Fourmis" (the Day of the Ants).

I'm mostly concentrating on the play I'll act in, in three weeks, memorizing lines and so on... smile.gif

A spy novel by William Gibson called 'Spook Country'. So far not impressed. I haven't read him in awhile, his writing seemed much better when I was a teenager. The last book I read before this was 'The Life and Times of Andrew Jackson' by HW Brands. I really enjoyed it, he was a very colorful character and I really love history.

Elagabalus: What is 'Demons' about? I read 'The Brothers Karamazov' a few years ago and liked it. A bit wordier than his other works though.

This board and SDN. smile.gif

LOL so you still have some common sense after all. Not like the rest of these retards, I'm surprised Tyralak isn't reading Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged because you know he'd love nothing more than to shove his head up Ayn Rand's hairy, stinky snatch.

I just finish Daemon by Daniel Suarez link .

It was an awesome technical thriller, about an intelligent game developer. He had a process running that was constantly scanning the net for his obituary. Once it found his obituary many strange things started happening.

I just finished the book 'Spook Country' by Gibson. I was slow finishing it since most of it wasn't very interesting. It picked up a little toward the end though. Not the worst book I've ever read, but a little dull and less imaginative than his old books. He is not exactly the best writer in the world, like I said before, he seemed much better when I was a teenager. My final opinion on it: Meh. Ok if you have a few hours to kill and nothing good is on TV.

I just finished Destroyermen 3: Maelstrom.

Am now going to read LeMay.

I was on the bus yesterday, and saw a girl read "Cyrano De Bergerac", and I intend to go and buy it to read... cool.gif

Today was friend present day. We always do that a bit early. Got Death Troopers. I'm digging the cover art. Pretty excited about this one. Will post review when done.

Also reading Queen of the Damned and (shut the fuck up) Twilight. I'm really feeling the vampire/zombie thing at the moment.

Today was friend present day. We always do that a bit early. Got Death Troopers. I'm digging the cover art. Pretty excited about this one. Will post review when done.

Also reading Queen of the Damned and (shut the fuck up) Twilight. I'm really feeling the vampire/zombie thing at the moment.

The only Twilight shit I'll read is a well written Twilight/Blade crossover. Know of any?

The only Twilight shit I'll read is a well written Twilight/Blade crossover. Know of any?

I should note that I work in a location where I cannot avoid Twilight hype at work, and so my opinion is probably more due to the fact that I'm tired of hearing "I wish Edward were in love with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I should note that I work in a location where I cannot avoid Twilight hype at work, and so my opinion is probably more due to the fact that I'm tired of hearing "I wish Edward were in love with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I was pretty anti-twilight hype for quite a while, then a friend of mine read it. He was a huge fan of Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles and he loved the series. HE said that the first book was poorly written, and was filled with all kinds of cheesy teenage romance stuff, but that the story was pretty good. He liked it enough to read New Moon, which was apparently awesome. So, of course, he read the rest of the series. He is the guy that gave me the Dark Tower, and introduced me to the SW EU, as well as Robert Heinlein. I've had good experiences with his recommendations, so that is why I am giving it a shot.