News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Ado Mortumee

Vasari (SoaSE) Vs. Star Trek

The Exodus Fleet of the Vasari Empire from Sins of a Solar Empire, by act of ROB, ends up in a remote sector of the Alpha Quadrant ten years before the start of the Dominion War. The Vasari will make first contact at the end of the ten years with the Alpha Quadrant powers.

Starting fleet assets are as follows:

30 Jikara Navigator

250 Ravastra Skirmisher

120 Kanrak Assailant

100 Karrastra Destructor

400 Junsurak Sentinel

100 Jerun Migrator

100 Lasurak Transporter

100 Stilakus Subverter

100 Serevun Overseer

100 Skarovas Enforcer

2 Kortul Devastator

2 Skirantra Carrier

8 Jarrasul Evacuator

8 Antorak Marauder

2 Volkoras Desolator

Type and number of planets in each of their one hundred starting systems:

1 Desert world.

2 Terrain worlds.

1 Volcanic world.

1 Ice world.

2 Gas giants.

8 Large Asteroids.

10 Junk belts and Asteroid belts.

The Vasari start with all their technology available.

No omnipotent or near omnipotent beings allowed.

So how well does the Vasari Empire do? Can they survive in this new galaxy? Can they establish the Empire as the new dominate galactic power?

Sorry, never played SoaSE.

The wiki should have all the info you need on what the Vasari can do. Just a few things off the top of my head:

1. Standard weapons ranges in mid to high single digit thousands of kilometers.

2. Ship acceleration able to cross these same distances in a short amount of time if this part of in-game is anything to go by.

3. Ships can be built in minutes it seems given the fact their carrier has the ability to build new forces in a middle of a battle.

I'm pretty sure the third part is simply game mechanics and therefore excluded from canon.

So no ones going to post at all about how they think this will go?

It depends. Perhaps when the real original content of your post will represent more than 95% of the entire surface it heretically consumes on my screen instead of 5%. biggrin.gif

Other than that... has there been any quantification of value from the games?

I have the first one and installed... versions... of the extensions (boring extensions btw).

I didn't spot anything remotely looking like a bone.

I mean, everything is about game mechanics. It's terribly pointless: systems have one star with silly colours and planets and other asteroid fields that don't orbit. Save that each planet is its own system... oh and teraton explosions against planet don't damage the texture... the surface I mean. Plus each admiral ship is about 2000 km long on the average.

So that makes the windows...

ST wins.

I think we can shorten this post a little bit more.

Try STW.

Better, purge your signature and put STW in your sig instead.

Go easy on him, Mr. O. Being a Warsie, it's a very difficult thing for him to admit Trek winning in any contest. It must have been terribly painful to type that.

Go easy on him, Mr. O. Being a Warsie, it's a very difficult thing for him to admit Trek winning in any contest. It must have been terribly painful to type that.

Took your time out from sucking B&B's dicks to type that? smile.gif

N (as in Y/N) would have been shorter.No punctuation either. smile.gif

Took your time out from sucking B&B's dicks to type that? smile.gif

Only because you couldn't finish the job.

Actually, Ty, Enigma's never had much problems admitting ST wins (see most of ST vs B5 or ST vs Covenent threads).

The only times he cannot admit any chance of a win for anything ST in any circumstances is when it's ST vs SW...

Then he's a SW wanker... tongue.gif

*wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* *wank on* *wank off* Whooaoaoaoaoaaaoooooooooooooah. smile.gif

Actually, Ty, Enigma's never had much problems admitting ST wins (see most of ST vs B5 or ST vs Covenent threads).

The only times he cannot admit any chance of a win for anything ST in any circumstances is when it's ST vs SW...

Then he's a SW wanker... tongue.gif

Not exactly, if we had a debate between SW and ST uber beings then I'd side with ST. smile.gif

Not exactly, if we had a debate between SW and ST uber beings then I'd side with ST. smile.gif

True, you have a hidden Trekkie side... smile.gif

I really have no preference as to which side other than Dr. Who. smile.gif

It is just on this board I feel I must take the SW side.

Dr. Who puts them all to shame. VICTORY FOR THE DALEKS! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

To show you how much a Whooligan I am, on my computer I use the DW theme song when Windows logs on and the Tardis taking off when I log off. smile.gif Plus if there's a program error I have the Daleks soundbite "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!". smile.gif

Why not a full-fledged planet?

Daleks got nothin' on Jason...

That's not an opinion. Or such a small one that no focus could either determine if it's positive or negative.