News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

Who on ASVS is most likely to...

...become an internet meme? My money's on Jason, but you never know.

You want to convince him to join other forums and see how they handle him?

Yes. I think that's a fine idea. We certainly love having him here, for teh lulz, but I'd like to see how he's received at other, less open minded boards.

Okay, SBC and SDN are first on the list, but here are more:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

My penis.

I refuse to be held responsible for your humiliation if you keep lobbing this line straight over the plate.

I'd like to see how he's received at other, less open minded boards.

TrekBBS - laugh.gif He'd have T'Bonz doing Crazy 8s before she permabanned him.

SDN - Wing Wong would go loko. He'd be seeing Jason in his dreams. He'd have vivid nightmares about Jason for years. He'd toss Jason for sure. TARDIS.gif

SB - General Shitstorm wouldn't know what hit'em.

StarTrek.com - He'd be gone after a few weeks.

WF - They'd consider him nuBaba, Baba 2.0 or Baba 2: Electric Boogaloo. He'd last there.

TK - Gagh'd go bananas & DayCare Jason. rolleyes.gif

LoNAF - They'd probably toss Jason after a few weeks. sad.gif

CrazyAmerica - huh.gif Would Jason survive there? emot-iiam.gif

Renegade Mugen - huh.gif Would he be tolerated? emot-iiam.gif

As for some of the websites I suggested, here's how it would go down:

GateWorld: Most people would just utterly flip out. Mr. Oragahn's jaw would probably detatch and fall to the ground from seeing Jason's posts.

Star Fox Online: Few people there would know what he's talking about. Only Kursed and Julius Quasar would have any idea, considering that they're both Trekkies. However, Kursed is also a Warsie and a Halo fan, so she'll probably go bonkers at Jason's claims.

Weight Lifting Forums: Don't even want to think about that... But at the same time, it would be hillarious.

Rocky Horror Forum: Oh the humanity...

SDN - Wing Wong would go loko. He'd be seeing Jason in his dreams. He'd have vivid nightmares about Jason for years. He'd toss Jason for sure. TARDIS.gif

<snip>

Most likely it will be one of the other admins or mods that will quickly ban him. They are not going to go crazy but will have no patience with him. Jason won't last a day.

This is true. It's the coward's way. OTOH, we don't have an irrational fear of retards here.

*sigh* If only TFC were still online. Then we could send Jason there and really see the fur fly!

*gets hit by brick for making horrible pun*

That's why I said send Jason there! Although, it may surprise you to learn that one of the most prominent debaters here *coughPraeothmincough* had an account there. Although, Praeothmin isn't a furry. But then, why did he join? emot-iiam.gif

That's why I said send Jason there! Although, it may surprise you to learn that one of the most prominent debaters here *coughPraeothmincough* had an account there. Although, Praeothmin isn't a furry. But then, why did he join? emot-iiam.gif

Hey, hi everyone...

Yup, I had an account there while not being a furry (although people who know me in RL might argue that point due to my abundant body hair whistle.gif ).

Why did I join?

I joined in 2002, when my interest in my summer job waned at the same time my interest in SW vs ST waxed (but I didn't rofl.gif )...

I was Googling for some SW vs ST sites, and first came upon SDN.

I read all of it, found it very well written and interesting, and even joined the board to argue some of their conclusions, which I thought were heavily biased towards SW (Le Gasp ohmy.gif ).

I was arrogant (and you can still find the thread), but my points were valid, and they soon started to flame (their usual behavior when being unable to pick arguments apart)...

Then I found DarkStar's site, which I also found interesting and well written, which made good counter-points to SDN, but again, I felt it was heavily biased, only on the ST side this time.

Tehn I found SB.com, which I thought was full of kiddies still sucking their mom's tits according to their behavior... laugh.gif

Wanting some more reasonable arguments, I finally found TFC.

While the furry aspect did not interest me except in an online RP form, their technical analyses of both franchises were some of the most tought out and thorough on the net, while being unbiased.

The site was filled with Warsies and Trekkies, and while sometimes the arguments did lead to flames, they were mostly like the ones we see here or over at SFJ: polite, civil, and concentrating on the arguments, and not name-calling (Jason being the understandable exception wink.gif ).

I RPed a bit, discussed a bit, and had some good fun there, until my interest in the site waned because most of the people I interacted most with were gone, and more and more tit-suckling kiddies came in...

And now it is gone... crybaby.gif

Ah, the memories... guitar.gif

And Khas, I hope mysterysolved.gif

Ah, that's why. The reason I looked on there back in '06 was because that's when my interest in ST vs SW peaked. I noticed it because of the story it had, which I thought was pretty good. Although Episode I's ending was facepalm-worthy. The furry bit, I always thought was weird, but I thought "meh, maybe they just have too much time on their hands". When I discovered it, I was only 15, fairly new to internet communities - mainly because I mainly used my computer for homework and gaming, and really didn't have a lot of online experience other than research - and I didn't know about the darker side of Furries. I didn't have an account there, and in '07, my interest began to wane. 2006 was also the year I discovered SFJ, although I didn't know about the forums then. So those two websites helped bring me into the debate. And as for ST-v-SW and SDN, I popped looks in there, and I thought "Oh geez, FOX News and MSNBC are in the debate too?"

The only reason I brought up TFC here was because I thought it would be funny to see how they would have reacted to Jason.

The only reason I brought up TFC here was because I thought it would be funny to see how they would have reacted to Jason.

After two posts, they would have banned him and deleted the account. 2guns.gifgoatfucker.gif1krass.gif

They had zero tolerance to idiocy and/or trolling...

spam.gifspam.gifspam.gif

OMGdrama1.gif

So, were Loktar and Seph also there, or is that just what they'd do to them? And how many of them would come here looking for blood after Jason left?

So, were Loktar and Seph also there, or is that just what they'd do to them? And how many of them would come here looking for blood after Jason left?

Loktar and Seph are from Troll Kingdom. Loktar posts here sometimes under the name NX-01. And Seph under a different name.

Wanting some more reasonable arguments, I finally found TFC.

While the furry aspect did not interest me except in an online RP form, their technical analyses of both franchises were some of the most tought out and thorough on the net, while being unbiased.

The site was filled with Warsies and Trekkies, and while sometimes the arguments did lead to flames, they were mostly like the ones we see here or over at SFJ: polite, civil, and concentrating on the arguments, and not name-calling (Jason being the understandable exception wink.gif ).

I RPed a bit, discussed a bit, and had some good fun there

, until my interest in the site waned because most of the people I interacted most with were gone, and more and more tit-suckling kiddies came in...

And now it is gone... crybaby.gif

Ah, the memories... guitar.gif

And Khas, I hope mysterysolved.gif

And to be clear, SFJ is polite and gentlemanly because that's how JMS wants it. And that's cool. ASVS, on the other hand, is only polite because we have such a small tight knit group. I have zero problem with flaming, name calling and general childish behavior. You have to remember not only the way ASVS was back on Usenet (Hugely violent, language wise) but also the fact that I've spent the last year over at Troll Kingdom. The things that go on there would make the most hardened, arrogant SDNer cringe. We aren't afraid of trolls and retards. This is why you can only be banned for things that will get me in trouble. You want to make stupid arguments, prepare to be roasted. But not banned.

And to be clear, SFJ is polite and gentlemanly because that's how JMS wants it. And that's cool. ASVS, on the other hand, is only polite because we have such a small tight knit group. I have zero problem with flaming, name calling and general childish behavior. You have to remember not only the way ASVS was back on Usenet (Hugely violent, language wise) but also the fact that I've spent the last year over at Troll Kingdom. The things that go on there would make the most hardened, arrogant SDNer cringe. We aren't afraid of trolls and retards. This is why you can only be banned for things that will get me in trouble. You want to make stupid arguments, prepare to be roasted. But not banned.

I know Flaming and Trolling are tolerated here, but I like that even InvaderSkooj, with whom I disagreed greatly, only called by "slow" (having problems understanding simple concepts) and it never really degenerated into a Flame pit...

If this were to become like this, I'd leave and not come back...

I know Flaming and Trolling are tolerated here, but I like that even InvaderSkooj, with whom I disagreed greatly, only called by "slow" (having problems understanding simple concepts) and it never really degenerated into a Flame pit...

If this were to become like this, I'd leave and not come back...

hmmmm I see where I could have phrased that better. I have no intention of letting the board dissolve into mindless flame wars. Sorry if it came across like that. When discussions reach that level, that part of the thread is split and moved to Sto'Vo'Kor where the participants can battle.

If you're implying that I have accounts at any of those websites, I don't. GateWorld and Star Fox Online, I'll occasionally pop a look at, while the others were picked for Maximum Mayhem Capability, or were just random. Hell, I don't even have accounts at SBC or SDN!