News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

I think UFP ugrade ship energy dampening weapons they able destory Star War Empire like unwanted bug

Both weapon's have the same effect. But in SW's case they have quite a bit of knowledge as how to deal with it. First off, you can't one shot an ISD with an ion cannon and immediately shut it down unless that cannon was planetary based. You'd need many shots at the ISD to take down the shields and to proceed to systematically shut parts of it down until you manage to disable the whole ISD.

That is incorrect, I'm afraid.

Remember that ISD that got hit by an ion cannon over Hoth? It is the same one that later one got its bridge destroyed by an asteroid. So yeah, they can mostly fix it in short order.

You do know that it was a souped up version of an ion cannon and therefore have not made your point? Super Ion cannon like that one plus it's bigger brother (the one that can actually destroy planets) are outliers and not the norm.

Also, do you have that clip with closed captioning?

Remember that ISD that got hit by an ion cannon over Hoth? It is the same one that later one got its bridge destroyed by an asteroid. So yeah, they can mostly fix it in short order.

Not according to Wookiepedia...

They mention the Hoth Ion cannon fight, but not the tower destruction in the asteroid belt...

Where did you get that information?

Is it from TESB novel?

Not according to Wookiepedia...

They mention the Hoth Ion cannon fight, but not the tower destruction in the asteroid belt...

Where did you get that information?

Is it from TESB novel?

From some EU source.

In practice the example ion cannon star war show how much weaker weapons is then Breen energy damping weapon. As far I as I can see it took two hit ion cannon to disable star destroyer. If wish see evidence watch this video form form 23 seconds to about 37 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wks4k5I0098

However been many reasons why not do the same kind damage as Star war clone war verse of ion cannon able disable fleet worth starship as the Rebel took two shot disable single star destroyer . First Rebel under supplied and under manned had equipment might not been highest working order. For example the rebels during battle Yavin 5 had only two Y wing working ion cannon according to Star Wars the complete cross-sections the spacecraft and vehicles of the Entire Star Wars SAGA. Some weapon system they bought came form black market .So it is possible the Rebel Alliances base ion cannon working highest level. Second possible problem power need might had them having to lower all shields in order deliver that kind blow. Third fear that fire that kind level disable transports.