News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

.How could USS Enterprise D have most advance starship in fleet 7 years?

The fact UFP would had to have build other Galaxy class starships after USS Enterpise D.

Because Geordi does miracles on the ship. But I doubt that the E-D remained the most advance by the end of the series as the Sovereign\Intrepid\Defiant\Prometheus would have in various stages of production. Prototypes of most likely of the first three would have already made them advanced compared to the E-D.

I seem to recall mention of a couple of refits and upgrades over the years.

Its not like it was completely beyond support.

Yes but someone would have thought UFP would build a another Galaxy class starship that years ahead USS Enteprise D.It not like can just replace the computer core.

I seem to recall mention of a couple of refits and upgrades over the years.

Its not like it was completely beyond support.

Yes but the ship no longer became the most advanced ship. Until it's destruction, the E-D still used isolinear chips and didn't have an EMH. The E-D wasn't obsolete and it was a couple of steps ahead of other ships in it's class but in the end it was not the most advanced ship available. In the end it would have been the Sovereign and even the Prometheus (if it ever went to production) being more advanced.

Yes but someone would have thought UFP would build a another Galaxy class starship that years ahead USS Enteprise D.It not like can just replace the computer core.

They can't?

Are you stupid?

Yes but the ship no longer became the most advanced ship. Until it's destruction, the E-D still used isolinear chips and didn't have an EMH. The E-D wasn't obsolete and it was a couple of steps ahead of other ships in it's class but in the end it was not the most advanced ship available. In the end it would have been the Sovereign and even the Prometheus (if it ever went to production) being more advanced.

True, although I don't recall it being called the most advanced ship, only the flagship, which is another argument.

I think it was for time at least during the first few seasons but it is obvious to anyone that the E-D wasn't going to stay that way forever.

Meh, cant be too hard when half their ships are 80 years old or so

They weren't all 80 years old.

The Constellation was much younger, and so was the Ambassador (a bit over 20 years old according to Yesterday's Enterprise).

And at the same time as the GCS, the Nebula-class was being built.

But I do agree that most of the fleet, as seen in DS9, was comprised of many Excelsiors and Mirandas...

As for the E-D, at the time it was Captained by Picard, it was the Flagship, but in the early seasons it was stated a few times as the most advanced ship in the fleet as well.

But, as with everything, research based on its systems likely brought more advances, and in the 6th season I believe the E-D received a new Warp Core (probably one not built with Nitroglycerin resin rofl.gif ).