News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Questor

iPad

They just issued us these touch screen tablets for my job, and they've had nothing but trouble. I'm not even going to go into all the issues. Suffice it to say, they run XP tablet edition and an Atom processor. They constantly lose wireless connection and require multiple reboots. Yeah, the iPad would have been a much better design to have used.

They just issued us these touch screen tablets for my job, and they've had nothing but trouble. I'm not even going to go into all the issues. Suffice it to say, they run XP tablet edition and an Atom processor. They constantly lose wireless connection and require multiple reboots. Yeah, the iPad would have been a much better design to have used.

The part I expect to be useful will be running VNC to give the teachers the ability to have visual feedback on a tablet.

That's out of the box. I really anticipating some good stuff with eTextbooks as well.

I want a demo device I can show to my teachers.

It seems ST is closer to reality then we expected.

Now we can all sip Earl Grey Tea and read reports from engineering on our very own Pad... laugh.gif

if you can read psd and other book formats,i woudl use it to read ebooks i have. Not a need really. It is a plus. I used to read fanfiction on my psp.

If it's cheaper than a Kindle and if it lets me read shitloads of e-books I'll take it.

Not cheaper than a kindle, and if all you're going to be doing is reading e-books the kindle is better.